Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RivFan Review: CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray

Introduced at this year`s SEMA show, CarPro has recently released their new ECH2O waterless wash & detail spray designed for use as a maintenance product on SiO2 coated vehicles.

Here`s a link to the product and description over on AG (sorry, couldn`t find it yet on ACC):

CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray 1 Liter

I was anxious to try this product, so I picked up a liter bottle over at one of the competitor sites (sorry again ACC) during the Black Friday sales.

My daily driver was coated with Gyeon CanCoat back in October for this years winter protection. I tend to do weekly rinseless washes using WG Uber or D114, and like to use some type of drying aid or topper, as I have a problem with constantly wanting to apply something more to the car to try and make it glossier (can you relate?). Most recently I`ve used Gloss Shop Trifecta, Sonax BSD, and even PA High Gloss for this purpose.

For my first experience with ECH2O, I mixed up a 48 oz. pump sprayer at the waterless wash dilution ratio of 5:1. I wanted to see how the product would perform using it first as a waterless wash.

The ECH2O concentrate is relatively thick and the waterless wash mix remains fairly heavy as well. After just a few days since my last rinseless wash my car was on the border as to weather a waterless wash would be sufficient. The worst panels were the rear quarters where the road grime seems to collect the most.

I proceeded to spray each panel liberally per the directions and made one pass with an eagle edgeless microfiber towel. The dirt wiped off with ease and I was quite impressed with this products cleaning ability. One pass left a bit of a haze still on the panel, so I then buffed the panel to a smooth high gloss finish with a second dry microfiber towel.

I finished the entire car and decided to try some ECH2O on my PVD coated wheels that have been protected by McKees 37 wheel coating. ECH2O had no problem cleaning and glossing up my wheels too! Impressive! Not a great photo but here is the final results:

For my first go around with ECH2O I would have to say I am pleased. The only real negative to the product is the dilution ratio. For this first attempt I used the product "heavy" and in the future I will play around with a more diluted concentration.

I can`t really speak to durability, beading, etc. but I could definitely tell there was something being left on the paint surface so I have no doubt that this product will perform.

If your vehicle is currently protected with a paint coating, this product is certainly one you should try.
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes Ronkh, The Driver, JBM, BLOWN03, kevincwelch and 8 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RivFan Review: CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray

Thanks for sharing I plan on trying this one at some point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RivFan Review: CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Detail Spray

Nice review. Car looks great. From CarPro`s site they say you can actually add a few ounces of reload to the mixture for added protection. Could probably add other brand quartz based spray products to it.

From CarPro website:

Does Ech2o have protection in it?

Ech2o does have some Sio2 (quartz) protection in it BUT its main focus is on safely cleaning and glossing a variety of surfaces.

Pro Tip: Mix a couple ounces of CarPro Reload with your next RTU bottle of Ech2O for added protection!
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Thread Information