Post Thanks / Like

Mckee`s fast interior detailer.

Finally thought I would give this a go around this afternoon. Grabbed a MF towel and followed directions. My interior is currently protected with Mckees total interior protectant. Sorry to report it did not play nice with the prior protectant. It dulled/spotted in some areas. I then grabbed my new bottle of total interior protectant and all was well again. Where it did shine was the plastic on the gauges and stereo face. Scent is fantastic. To me this product would be perfect for a new or never conditioned interior with a prior product. It would leave a clean factory look.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee`s fast interior detailer.

I wonder how it will do with Wolfgang Cockpit sealant, its my new fav interior LSP and it dries completely and leaves nice dark matte finish. I would guess it would be better as I find nothing that really messes with the Wolfgang finish. I used love 303 but if it got wet it got blotchy.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe McKees FID needs to be used on a clean (no dressings) interior. It has limited cleaning abilities (manufactured that way) and should be used mainly like quick detailer for exterior paint, that is to remove finger prints and light dust. It does work great on info screens and gauge clusters where others leave a smeary mess. McKees FID flashes leaving some UV absorbers (according to AG). I couldn`t see that it left anything behind. I`m probably going to use it on the wood, carbon fiber, and metal finishes and stick to 303 or some other protectant on plastic and vinyl. It a good addition to your arsenal instead of using a glass cleaner on shiny surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d agree with these sentiments. I used it today on both of my cars. The Highlander was last protected with 303 a couple of months ago. The Tesla was cleaned and protected with Kenotek a couple of weeks ago. I felt like the McKees fast interior detailer glided over the surface of the interior in the Highlander but not in the Tesla. It was a bit grabby when applied on top of the Kenotek. I didn`t notice any spotting however it was more difficult to use on the protected surface.

Nevertheless, both of the Interiors we`re cleaned quite nicely with the product.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Thread Information