Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

Review: McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish
    McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

Description: (Taken from Autopia`s website)

McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish cleans, compounds, and polishes faded headlight lenses to restore optical clarity and improve nighttime vision. Today`s automobile`s use plastic-molded headlight covers which allow for an amazing array of designs and improved aerodynamics. Unfortunately, these lenses tend to fade and yellow with age. McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish is your one-step solution to faded headlight lenses.

What makes McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish unique is its triple action. Formulated with cleaners, diminishing abrasives and micro abrasives, McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish cleans, compounds, and polishes headlights in one step. Now you can achieve optical clarity and maximum nighttime vision without the lengthy, drawn-out, multi-step processes of the past.

Faded headlight lenses prevent your headlights from shinning brightly. The road ahead will appear dull and dimly lit. McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish quickly cleans away any chalking from the surface so that the advanced compounded agents can effortlessly remove the damaged layer. Like magic, McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish transforms into a fine-grade polish to burnish away the compounding marks and leave headlights perfectly clear. The road ahead has never been brighter.

For maximum results, apply McKee`s 37 Headlight Protectant Spray after use to protect the headlight lenses and prevent further damage from occurring.

Price:

$14.99 for 4oz
    $24.99 for 8oz

Introduction:

This review will be short and sweet. I just want to showcase how good this product works.

Review:

Here`s a picture of the product description and instructions:

Here are pictures of the headlight`s original condition. As you can see, it`s already yellowing from the oxidation.

For this review, I decided to use my Rupes 15Mk2 along with a white polishing pad. Here`s a picture of how the product looks when applying it to the foam pad. As you can see, the product is very thick.

Start polishing the headlight lens like how you would paint:

Here are some 50/50 shots:

Here is the same headlight after it`s all done:

Let`s move on to the other headlight. Here`s the before shot:

And after:

Thoughts and Observations:

The product is very thick and viscous as you can see in the picture above.

The product smells like gasoline. It honestly smells exactly like Wolfgang Uber Compound or Menzerna FG400. Maybe this is the same product as those? I don`t know...

The product has a normal buffing cycle like your traditional compounds and polishes.

Wipe off is easy as well.

Price is a little too steep for my tastes. I think a strong compound can achieve the same results as this product.

Conclusion:

This product works well as advertised. It removes yellowing and oxidation from headlight lenses. I`m sure this can remove sanding marks that`s used on the headlights as well. It will definitely help improve your night time visibility and safety.

Hope you enjoyed this short review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

Thanks for the review, I was wondering if this was any better than M105/205 or HD Speed. Doesn`t seem like it`d be worth adding another product just for headlights when the stuff used on paint works just as well.
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee`s 37 All In One Headlight Restoring Polish

So far I`m happy using Fg400. Really does a good job for me. Not sure what McKees brings to the table that FG400 wouldn`t do.

Thread Information