Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Q2M Tire

Had the opportunity to use Gyeon Q2M Tire.

Description from Autogeek`s site:

GYEON Q2M Tire is the only SiO2 coating designed specifically for use on tires. This completely unique formula blocks out contaminants and UV rays the break own rubber causing browning and cracking to help maintain the like-new look of your tires. GYEON Q2M Tire Makes tires look deep black and bead water like crazy!

There’s one thing about water beading: it’s addictive! Once you see the effect of a hydrophobic coating on paint, you’ll want the same effect on every inch of your vehicle. GYEON Q2M Tire allows you to get an incredible water beading effect on tires, while protecting them from the elements!

GYEON Q2M Tire is an SiO2 coating like no other, because it’s meant for use on tires! Your tires are on the front line of grime as they trudge through puddles and potholes mile after mile. Pretty soon, they’ll start to show their age if not properly protected. GYEON Q2M Tire blocks out UV rays, helping to prevent browning and cracking.

Going to keep this review short and to the point. The color of the product is blue. It looks like blue dawn dish soap to give all of you an idea of it`s consistency.

The two grey areas on the label are two awards from Detailing Word for Wheel and Tire Product of the Year Runner Up for 2013 and 2014.

I used a yellow foam applicator to apply the product.

The directions on the bottle.

First thing I noticed is the misspelling of the word "Matt" instead of "Matte". Being a little nit picky lol. But the directions are pretty straight forward.

I applied this onto my brothers car as I have DP Tire Coating on mine. As per the directions, Gyeon states a good cleaning of the tires with APC is all that is required. I chose to go with Meguiar`s D143 at 2:1. On the front passenger side of the tire I followed up with a round Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner to see if it will allow the tire coating to bond better to the tire to create more longevity. We shall see how it holds up. The rest of the tires received a cleaning using D143.

I did use my metro blaster sidekick to dry the wheels and tires prior to application of the tire coating to dry them faster. I also used the sidekick to dry the tire coating onto the tire. I did not use a hairdryer as my brother doesn`t have one at his place.

Passenger side tire after cleaning.

After one coat of Gyeon tire coating. My brother likes his tires glossy so I left them as is and used the metro sidekick to dry the tire coating.

Up close before and after

After

While I was there he asked me if I could coat his new wheels that he purchased for his 73 Chevy Truck that he is working on. I coated the wheels with Dlux and cleaned up the tires and applied one coat of Gyeon tire coating. He sent me this sun shot the day after to show me how the tires look.

Initial impressions:

The first thing I noticed is when spraying the product onto the applicator. It will not spray in a mist pattern. The product is gel like consistency that is similar to spraying dawn dish soap. It is best to apply this to a tire applicator of some sort (foam, microfiber, tire brush) and then apply it to the tire.

The initial look it leaves on the tire looks great. For those that don`t like it glossy follow up with a microfiber to knock down the shine.

The fact that it doesn`t require a lot of cleaning like DP/McKee`s tire coating is a plus. The question is how durable is it compared to the DP/McKee`s. I will have him let me know when it appears that tire coating looks like it has seen it`s end of life. My personal feeling is that DP/McKee`s will out last it and outperform it.

Some are going to ask how it differs from Car Pro Pearl. I can`t offer that comparison as I have never used Pearl.

Some have said that the gloss is lost after the first wash. I will see how it looks after the first wash. I know he doesn`t wash them when he washes the car.

I do recommend wearing gloves unless you want a mess on your hands if using a foam applicator.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Q2M Tire

Tires, what tires. I dig those retro wheels. Very classy restomod style wheel in that size, 22`s?

Ok, the tires look good too.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Also appears to be a great tire product.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Tires, what tires. I dig those retro wheels. Very classy restomod style wheel in that size, 22`s?

Ok, the tires look good too.
    They are 20`s. They look great on his truck. All he needs to do is paint the truck as he has it primered right now.

Post Thanks / Like

How long till it dries? How long till 2nd coat?

Did you wipe after application? How long?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Guz. I think using a heat gun will improve the absorption into the tire and allow additional coatings to be applied. I think it does allow it to be more durable.

I switched out the sprayer, because I felt the Gyeon one was terrible. This does allow more of a spray pattern, but it I agree: it`s like spraying Dawn.

Sent via my mobile device...

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    How long till it dries?
    I used the metro blaster side kick to speed up the drying process. So I cheated a bit.

How long till 2nd coat?
    I only applied 1 coat. Since I sped up the drying process I could have gone with a second coat right away. My best estimated guess would be 15-20 mins.

Did you wipe after application? How long?
    Nope. According to the directions on the bottle, 15 mins is what is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Great review, Guz. I think using a heat gun will improve the absorption into the tire and allow additional coatings to be applied. I think it does allow it to be more durable.

I switched out the sprayer, because I felt the Gyeon one was terrible. This does allow more of a spray pattern, but it I agree: it`s like spraying Dawn.

Thanks for the tip on the sprayer. The sidekick blows out warm air so it`s not necessarily the heat that is generated from a heat gun or hair dryer. I`ll try something that gives off more heat next time. It should last quite a bit here since it doesn`t rain here in Southern California.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!
    Likes The Guz, Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t seen my bro`s car in a few weeks but I saw him today. Just shy of 4 weeks and this is how the tire looks. Looks like some of the product has started to come off. I have no idea if he has driven through puddles or how the car has been washed.

Now this is one coat so it is also possible that the tire absorbed it after the day it was applied. So it could use a new coat for sure. I didn`t look at the rest of the tires. Just this one.

Likes rlmccarty2000, lloydrm liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s great for 4 weeks

Thank you
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Guz,

I get a little bit more out of Q2 Tire by heating up the tire with a heat gun and applying a coat. I let that sit and 30 minutes later I heat it up and apply a second coat. Lasts about 6 weeks before it gets a little spotty like yours there.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok here goes my reward points So far the Gyeon products I have used have been kind to me.....
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried to apply it two different ways. 1) Just like above and 2) With a really THICK coat. Was trying to see if I could increase the amount of gloss but the product wouldn`t dry even after 24 hours. So I eventually just wiped it down with a MF. Going to try the heat gun/hair dryer next.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

That`s great for 4 weeks

Thank you
    Any feedback from using it?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Guz,

I get a little bit more out of Q2 Tire by heating up the tire with a heat gun and applying a coat. I let that sit and 30 minutes later I heat it up and apply a second coat. Lasts about 6 weeks before it gets a little spotty like yours there.

I will do that next time. This is my brothers car so he was the test subject as I run DP Tire Coating on my daily driver.
    Likes kevincwelch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review and the update, like how u use Dp on your own ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information