Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Adams Strip Wash

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    ... Now it seems like there is an unfounded need to shout the bad review from the hilltops...
    Not really. He had actually asked in another thread, whether or not he should even post the review on Autopia. At the time, there were maybe a handful here that had read the review on that forum before it was deleted. Myself, and some others, encouraged him to post it here. It was a good review, and should be shared.
    Likes The Guz, KBsToy, ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not saying Guz can`t post a review anywhere. Guz is helpful both here and the Adams forum. It just now seems to me like there is an extra vendetta because a thread was closed. Post a negative review, return the product for a refund. Now it seems like there is an unfounded need to shout the bad review from the hilltops. To be honest, most of the people that will buy and continue to buy Adams strip wash will never see any of these reviews.
    Well, I can tell you for sure that he saved me $$$ and aggravation. So I am grateful to him for the review.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes The Guz, KBsToy, ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am shouting from the hilltops ----KEEP UP THE REVIEWS>>>>
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes The Guz, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am grateful as well, that was a lot of info that he typed, plus the time to take and upload the videos, that is time(our biggest commodity) he will never get back ,and then the Mod(s) over there completely disrespected the fact that he spent all that time putting a thorough review out there by shoving it under the rug rather than take it as constructive criticism.
    Likes JustJesus, The Guz, ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So...am I shocked that a negative review was deleted from a brand-specific (and brand funded) forum?.....no. Would I have preferred they handled it differently?....yes. Am I appreciative that there is a place like Autopia where reviews, good or bad, can be posted?....heck yeah. Will this incident keep me from ever buying any Adams` product?.......nope. As I said in an earlier post, I got a review bounced from Chemical Guys, because it painted one of their products in a bad light. I still use that product, and some other CG stuff, and will still buy those again, because they work for me. If I find an Adams product I like, I`ll use it until I find something I like better.
    Last edited by briarpatch; 09-08-2016 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Likes RacerX_ liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Well, I can tell you for sure that he saved me $$$ and aggravation. So I am grateful to him for the review.
    Ditto
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I thought you only purchased from autopia? Autopia doesn`t carry Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

You thought wrong.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes The Guz, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Mike! Adam`s makes a very testable claim and your pictures and videos really demonstrate the performance perfectly. And you`re right, no where on the product page, the product packaging, or their product video mentions anything about the specific use for the removal of "old" products, or needing to adjust the concentration and passes depending on how "fresh" the LSP is. "Adam’s Strip Wash is a concentrated soap blend that removes any wax and sealant protection as you clean your ride." That`s a statement begging to be tested! Companies have to make convincing claims or they will receive fair criticism.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, donbeezy liked this post
    Thanks The Guz, donbeezy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me explain where/how your logic is flawed.

I try to but from Autopia everything that I can. Why you ask? Cuz they have great products, great value, and GREAT SERVICE and forums like this which I have been a part of for a long time and I consider home.

That said there are just some products that they don`t carry (yet) that I want.

Autopia stand behind their stuff, and they will assist when needed.

They also have Ray and Paul.

Nuff said.
    Likes Angus, GearHead_1, ShaneB, The Guz, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate and thank all of the Autopia family for the positive support and responses to this thread. I appreciate the open minds on this forum. I was not expecting it to evolve into this many pages.

This is childish on both sides. Why can nobody ever just move on? Post your negative review and move on. If you`re unhappy with the product, get your 110% refund and move on.
    I wasn`t going to say anything. Look if you found this review to be childish then all you had to do was simply not read it or give it a thumbs down and move on. But I at least got your attention. So thanks for reading it.

The 110% refund is a hassle in itself.

I`m not saying Guz can`t post a review anywhere. Guz is helpful both here and the Adams forum. It just now seems to me like there is an extra vendetta because a thread was closed. Post a negative review, return the product for a refund. Now it seems like there is an unfounded need to shout the bad review from the hilltops. To be honest, most of the people that will buy and continue to buy Adams strip wash will never see any of these reviews.
    Was I ticked off? You bet I was. I was ticked off at how the situation was handled. I am sure you would have been as well if you were in that situation. I hope you now realize that bad reviews are filtered out of the Adams forum and product page. Anyway I asked in another thread of there was interest in me posting up a review here. There were a few comments that said yes so I went ahead and did.

Am I going to take down a company with one bad review for the product not living to it`s claims from personal testing? Absolutely not. I won`t even impact sales of the product. Am I saying to not buy any Adams products? No I am not. They have some products that work very well. I am glad to hear those who responded about this thread saving them from purchasing this product.

The intent was to get word out that this product falls short of it`s claims. The information is now available to those smarter consumers that research a product before they make a purchase. In the end the consumer is the one who has to decide if it is worth spending their hard earned money on it. I`m also not going to recommend a bad product.

The other thing you have to realize is the amount of personal time I invested in writing this review as well as my other reviews. I spent hours just writing it, proof reading it and eventually posting it. As a matter of fact I had to write the review twice as I did not even save the text from my first review that I posted on the other forum. It took my personal time to take photos, video and prep them to be included in my review. Not to mention the additional second test I did. I could have used this time for something else.

Have I moved on from this? Yes I have. I am just curious to hear the results for the two members I sent samples to. Perhaps they will have better luck or perhaps even the same results.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes ShaneB, Angus, Bunky, Ronkh, Migue and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Migue, JaredPointer, KBsToy thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information