Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you heard of FW1? (Not FK1)

So I had a detail today, and an Officer (military) walks up and askes how much.etc..........I look over his Explorer, and it looks nice. Very clean and light swirls. Interior was just about as clean as you can get....just about. I gave him a quote for just the inside, and he asked what type of wax I use. He opened up the back of his truck and pulled out an aerosol can of some type of quick detailing wax. The name on it said FW1....not sure it that was the brand or not. Said it had carnauba in it. I dunno. Probably something from a store. I felt his truck and it was slick, but not as slick as claying and doing it the right way.

Have you heard of it?
    here is what I found on the Web....
    http://www.fw1shop.com/
    Expensive...look at the prices...15 a can on sale....regular 25...LOL
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have you heard of FW1? (Not FK1)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    So I had a detail today, and an Officer (military) walks up and askes how much.etc..........I look over his Explorer, and it looks nice. Very clean and light swirls. Interior was just about as clean as you can get....just about. I gave him a quote for just the inside, and he asked what type of wax I use. He opened up the back of his truck and pulled out an aerosol can of some type of quick detailing wax. The name on it said FW1....not sure it that was the brand or not. Said it had carnauba in it. I dunno. Probably something from a store. I felt his truck and it was slick, but not as slick as claying and doing it the right way.

Have you heard of it?
    here is what I found on the Web....
    http://www.fw1shop.com/
    Expensive...look at the prices...15 a can on sale....regular 25...LOL
    Chris

I get a product from P&S a local supplier here in NO CA....its the same as that a liquid aerosol polish / wax...They have two one that is silicon based and the other wax / polish based....I use it for jambs, etc.....never on the whole car....its a great product for lots of things....will make faded plastic look new in seconds, great on tights areas like black plastic grills.....Stoners Trim Shine is a very similar product
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few cans of something called "Quick Detail" It is also an aerosol...works great on faded trim as well. I am wanting to have someone try it, but since it is an aerosol can how would I send it out. I want to send it to someone that had USED CD-2 and Stoners Trim Shine to see how it compares. I think I get this stuff for @3 a can....depending on how many I buy.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Chris I found this with a Google search, it sounds like what you were talking about, but I have`nt tried it.

http://www.fw1shop.com/wst_page2.html

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaybs95
    Chris I found this with a Google search, it sounds like what you were talking about, but I have`nt tried it.

http://www.fw1shop.com/wst_page2.html

"J"

I posted that link in the first post...LOL
    I`ll keep quite about it though...>SHhhhhhhh....LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what happens when you don`t read ALL of a thread

It`s been a long day...

Post Thanks / Like

I`m guilty of that myself.....

Post Thanks / Like

I see that stuff twice a year when the NASCAR circus comes to town here. With Talladega being next door, it`s a big to do here. Although I think they changed the labeling at some point, I was given a can of this a long time ago. I think I might have used it once or twice playing around with it. IIRC, it smelled very solvent-like, and you might could get about 2 regular sized cars out of a can. It`s not something I would be using, having learned some of the things that i know now.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped to get gas yesterday and they had a stand set up in the station. I was approached by some kid that wanted to spray this stuff on my car and I told him t get away and there is noway that is going on my car.

His pitch was that NASCAR used it and that it will also clean my kitchen.
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Thread from the past. Yea, they usually are at the gas station down the road trying to pitch their product. I seem to always get approached when I am in my detailing van, wonder why? HA But they always try to get me to buy a few cases. Saying I can get rid of ALL my waxes and not have to carry water anymore. I should get mud caked up in the wheel wells and ask them to get it off with their can of whatever...... Yeaaaaaa. If it were only that easy........

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    I stopped to get gas yesterday and they had a stand set up in the station. I was approached by some kid that wanted to spray this stuff on my car and I told him t get away and there is noway that is going on my car.

His pitch was that NASCAR used it and that it will also clean my kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Star Detail View Post
    Thread from the past. Yea, they usually are at the gas station down the road trying to pitch their product. I seem to always get approached when I am in my detailing van, wonder why? HA But they always try to get me to buy a few cases. Saying I can get rid of ALL my waxes and not have to carry water anymore. I should get mud caked up in the wheel wells and ask them to get it off with their can of whatever...... Yeaaaaaa. If it were only that easy........
    Finally saw what you guys are talking about. Chevron station at the corner of 75 and Beltline Rd. Guy with a small display set up walking up cold to various customers. I don`t shop there so I don`t know what the sales pitch sounds like. Almost curious enough to stop by just to hear the spiel. I did say almost. Actually we are trying to get to the hacienda to let the She-Boxer out so we don`t really have time to be messing `round.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I don`t shop there so I don`t know what the sales pitch sounds like.
    "Friends... Are you vexed by unsightly blemishes?
    Does yer paint cry out for attention?
    Is yer mind all discombobulated when yuh sees all dem fancy shmancy packages at the mercatile?
    Well, right here in my hand lies the very answer to yer prayers!
    No water needed!
    Waxes as yuh cleans!
    How`s it work? It`s all scientifical and stuff!
    Accept no substitues!
    Act now, as supplies are limited!
    Mr. Biff here will handle the transactions. Cash only, please. Form a line to the right."

(Or, maybe not. )
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BL! Too bad there wasn`t an audio feed for that.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information