Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax Thoughts

I was fortunate enough to be a winner of Ultima Spray Wax and have had it for a couple weeks now. I think some good information has been shared on this product and ive found a lot of it to be accurate. I will just touch on some of my own observations.

I really like it when I see a product with a safety seal on it

Ive been able to use this product after many different waterless washes, but unfortunately no traditional washings.

On my plow truck, which doesnt have anything more then some spray waxes, I was able to use the product in a couple different ways. I did polish the hood and apply z2p on it the thinking that z2p is acrylic, but what do I know it could be a polymer, isnt an acrylic a polymer too, my head hurts....

My findings ontop of Z2p was it went on and off very nice and created much slickness that was still there after a couple rains and a wash with 114. On the rest of the vehicle, it performed the same, fairly resilient slickness , and improved gloss after curing. The truck is fairly neglected and is more or less a test vehicle that is fairly bare.

I sprayed it on the plastic trim and it didnt absorb into the plastic, much the same way ultimate spray wax wont. It wouldnt change the characteristic of the plastic at all. Not sure why, probably because a lack of silicone or oil.

I had a chance to try it as a drying aide and I didnt like it at all for that. It didnt enhance the slickness or the absorbancy of the towel. I compared a panel that was dried using the spray wax as a drying aid vs a panel that was dried without it but applied after and the latter was much slicker for maybe obvious reasons.

I tried wiping down a panel using a waterless wash with onr on one half of the hood and 114 on the other half of the hood and I had to pinch myself that the 114 side was slicker. I repeated this on different body panels and noticed the same thing.

I know Ultima has an Acrylic waterless/rinseless wash coming out as well and would be really interested in how the product reacts with it.

These are my findings on a non coated vehicle.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Ive also been using it on my coated vehicles, one is dark blue and the other is silver. The silver one is almost useless for testing, the product is slick and produces a sharp shine, much like klasse would. End of discussion eh, its silver!

I have been trying to replicate Ron`s streaking with the product and since he is in Fl it might be tough to replicate here in mass. Not because it hasnt been hot here but because Im not messing with my vehicles when its 90+ out lol!

On a coated vehicle the first thing I notice is that the coating makes the product bead and even while wiping the product will have beading in the wiping path with a towel . If that makes sense. Then it eventually disburses. In my totally uneducated opinion it doesnt match well with a glass coating, but I would welcome any other opinion on the matter.

Tonight I wanted to over apply the product while it was slightly humid, hardly a sticky or hot evening by much of the countries standards! I spritzed 3 times into my edgeless towel and once on the panel and wiped, flipped and wiped dry.

If you can make out the left side there is some shadowing. I hadnt used this towel with this product before and it had a decent amount of drag to it too.

I wasnt happy with the performance of this towel, not sure if I had ever used it for a spray wax before actually, so I move over to the best of the best

Anything worth anything will work amazingly with this towel and sure enough, a dramatic difference. Using this towel is like having the wash cloth of Jesus in your hand. Its amazing. And it was streak free.

After successfully using the cotton towel I wanted to see how a short napped towel would work.

I wasnt over applying, I didnt spritz the towel first, but I got very good results with a half a trigger pull on each panel

To summarize, I will definitely enjoy using this bottle and the paint has a sharpness to it that not many sprays can produce. Its very crisp.

It has no scent and doesnt seem to enhance drying with a few spritzes on a wet panel. Wont stain trim but leave glass and paint very hydrophobic. I havnt notice any additional dust sticking to any of the vehicles ive used it on.

I really wanted to polish a vehicle and try it on top of KAIO but never really got the weather or the time. But I will, soon. I am also looking forward to the waterless wash, I really am expecting great things when used in their system!
    Likes tropicsteve, Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax Thoughts

Cool review.

I`m thinking the streaking I got was from an overly damp micro
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was it pre wet with spray wax or with water/car wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Spray wax
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the white towel then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    So what is the white towel then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a DF Concours towel. I had emailed them and they stated the towels are no longer available due to the textile company that supplied them the material.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Thanks for taking time to do the write-up and share it with us.

Your Jeep`s reflections are pretty nice especially only using half a trigger per panel.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Thread Information