Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holy sheet: EXO v CSL v CSL w/EXO - A longevity test

I just applied CSL Exo V3 combo on a client`s Camaro. Got the correction and CSL done the first night. Finished about midnight. Came back the next afternoon about 330pm and applied EXO V3. No problem at all. EXO V3 goes on so nice over CSL.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

who cares about how long to wait? we`re gonna read the directions anyways.... how about the elephant in the room? that csl and exo have gotten clogged up twice now and the combo not once
    lol

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd, nickclark08 liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s strange. In terms of beading and sheeting, I`d expect EXO v3 to perform the same as CSL + EXO v3 since the final layer in both is EXO v3. I`d expect the CSL panels to offer more hardness, however.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander

Post Thanks / Like

For me I waited a while. I finished the CSL mid/late afternoon and started the exo mid morning so I would guess 16~18 hours after the CSL.

Post Thanks / Like

newest update from 4.2.17
    just a little late posting

washed with 2bm and pb super slick n suds
    after the wash the hood was sheeting very slowly on the exov2 and csl sections, with csl still beating the exov2 section
    but the csl+exov2 was a little diminished yet miles ahead of the others and made them look flat and gone

from rinsing the hood after the initial wash. the split is csl and the csl+exov2 side and the csl side is still slowly sheeting water while i took the pic

exov2 left , csl on right

then i decided to do a decontamination wash on the hood. i sprayed poorboys iron remover on the hood and let it sit for a minute or two then rubbed it into the paint and let it sit another minute or two and then used the last of my super slick and suds and a wash mitt to wash the hood afterwards

i took a video below of how the water was sheeting after that, then i decided to add something easy

before drying i added mckees sio2 to the exov2 and the csl section. i probably got a little on the combo side but no big deal I didn`t want to directly top it but I wanted to try the blue sio2 stuff on the other areas

water behavior after decontamination wash with iron remover and then 2bm wash

video of exo v2 vs csl after the decontamination wash

video after mckees blue si02 was added to exo v2 and csl side...a tad bit might have moved over to the csl+exo side but I didn`t intentionally spray that side of the hood and I flooded the water to activate it in the direction away from the csl+exov2 side

used qd+ on hood afterwards because, well, that stuff is addictive

scrubbed the tires but not sure if i wanted to try a new product on them or not just yet

side note on the other tests since I did fully 2bm wash the truck.
    added mckees sio2 spray on roof and entire drivers side

didn`t add any to the csl and exo testing on the passenger side but that still all looks good, except the pblv2 section is definitely not looking as good as the other gtech products its up against

oh and this is how my truck looks fogged up with morning dew, which i usually laugh at when i see because it looks kind of funky

Brandt K.
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mebbe time to hit it with some of the PB iron remover you got, and see if that an a wash bring it back to life.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Mebbe time to hit it with some of the PB iron remover you got, and see if that an a wash bring it back to life.
    that`s exactly what I did. it did cause the exov2 and csl only sides to liven up a tad but nothing like how they are playing together even before the iron wash

perhaps csl and exov2 alone don`t like being on top of essence? but the combo is also on top of essence. I`m not sure. I might give it another iron wash later today if I get around to it (the hood) and see if that hurts the mckees stuff much just for the heck of it. but that`s a maybe at this point

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess mebbe it don`t play well with car pro.

Oh well
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Guess mebbe it don`t play well with car pro.

Oh well
    I`ve seen that a few times. Next test needs to be same coating side by side, one on top of essence and one on top of bare paint to see longevity.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

When you get tired of looking at it maybe you could try the new Essence + over the top of everything to see what that will do. I haven`t seen too much information on Essence + and I`m too lazy to find a car to try it out on.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    When you get tired of looking at it maybe you could try the new Essence + over the top of everything to see what that will do. I haven`t seen too much information on Essence + and I`m too lazy to find a car to try it out on.
    not a bad idea...I should have done that..i noticed a tad bit of marring on the hood.... do you think I should let the mckees stuff wear off first? I figured id give it a shot for test of how long it lasts as I`d like to use it as a quickie coating maintenance refresh wash package

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

No, just go over the whole thing with Essence+ to see what it looks like. It`s supposed to correct marring in coatings. I want to test it out just to see what it does. It would be nice to see how it plays with all the coatings you have on the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    No, just go over the whole thing with Essence+ to see what it looks like. It`s supposed to correct marring in coatings. I want to test it out just to see what it does. It would be nice to see how it plays with all the coatings you have on the truck.
    I`m not ready to put it on top of the si02 spray yet. it`s non abrasive so it would just be sitting on top of it I`d imagine

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

beads from the sky a day or two later..4.4 or 4.5. hood was still clean

the mckees sio2 split over thw exov2 and csl only panels, definitely the only beading action there

csl+exov2 side which i didn`t really get any mckees si02 on when applied to the other part of hood. beads a little less than usual wow factor but still nice and this was applied 8.17.2016 so its approaching 8 months and almost exactly the same as its always been

on to the roof where mckees si02 spray is only protection on there

may see if iron remover will strip the mckees si02 spray off after work. i would like to wash the truck, I just find no need to do so since I dont drive to work anymore and its barely dirty

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

washed today
    2bm with super slick n suds
    qd+ applied after dried
    gyeon tire on tires and running boards and door handles

gives a very wet look

the mckees sio2 spray has lost its steam but still sheets some

Brandt K.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast