Post Thanks / Like

Do You Think There is a Settle Down Period

What i mean by that is yesterday I used P-w-C with the PC then a coat of Nattys on my black BMW....We took off for a drive and while I was stopped looking at the car it seems smeary....today it doesn`t look that way at all...seems like the wax has settled down and evened out....I don`t see this on all colors but this BMW black shows every little imperfection and I mean ANY......I`ve also noticed this with sealants at times..

Anyone else feel this way or notice it????
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Think There is a Settle Down Period

i notice the same thing every so often. Im not sure onthis but i think it is the wax curing. I think thats why you want to wait 24 hrs before the next coat, it gives it time to even out and bond to the clear coat or previous layer of wax. Im no expert by any means but thats what i THINK is happening
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    i notice the same thing every so often. Im not sure onthis but i think it is the wax curing. I think thats why you want to wait 24 hrs before the next coat, it gives it time to even out and bond to the clear coat or previous layer of wax. Im no expert by any means but thats what i THINK is happening
    Sounds like what I was thinking because today the car looks great in comparison to yesterday.......I think it also depends on the color the black that I have has no metallic in it so the paint shows everything

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    What i mean by that is yesterday I used P-w-C with the PC then a coat of Nattys on my black BMW....We took off for a drive and while I was stopped looking at the car it seems smeary....today it doesn`t look that way at all...seems like the wax has settled down and evened out....I don`t see this on all colors but this BMW black shows every little imperfection and I mean ANY......I`ve also noticed this with sealants at times..

Anyone else feel this way or notice it????
    I`ve noticed this too on my black truck when I`ve used Natty`s. I`ve always thought that it had something to do with the temperature. I usually do my truck in the early morning, when it`s still cool. It`s at that time that I notice the smears and streaks, and when it warms up, I go over it with a MF and the streaks disappear and it even seems to bring out a better shine. My theory is that the heat "melts" the wax and it spreads more evenly.

Glad I`m not the only one to experience this. I thought it was just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phideaux
    I`ve noticed this too on my black truck when I`ve used Natty`s. I`ve always thought that it had something to do with the temperature. I usually do my truck in the early morning, when it`s still cool. It`s at that time that I notice the smears and streaks, and when it warms up, I go over it with a MF and the streaks disappear and it even seems to bring out a better shine. My theory is that the heat "melts" the wax and it spreads more evenly.

Glad I`m not the only one to experience this. I thought it was just me.
    It wasn`t that hot here yesterday but warm none the less....I think there is a cure time on Nattys it might need to harden on the car to even out...that`s my thought...I have another paste wax that I`m going to try next time to see of that changes

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

ive wondered about this myself and now im convinced of it . when i use P&S sealer i dont really like the way it looks on black when im done but after a few days or the first wash it looks killer shiny . i dont mention this to customers because they would think im nuts and they like it anyway but the next time i see the car it looks even better ...
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Steve at PB about this and he said that like a new car that out gases the oils in a good paste wax need to evaporate...One thing that he use to do rinse the car with cold water this makes the wax settle down faster...BigRon said that the cars look better after the first wash and this must be the reason....For me I`m going to use the cold water rinse next time and see how that works.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have a non metallic black car. I notice an improvement the next day when using Nattys blue, though not a complete removal of smears, it is greatly improved. I will wax again after 24h.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdoria
    I also have a non metallic black car. I notice an improvement the next day when using Nattys blue, though not a complete removal of smears, it is greatly improved. I will wax again after 24h.
    One thing that I have found for a flat black finish is P-w-C then a sealant and nothing else this takes away from the smears

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Don't shop at Wal-Mart
    Post Thanks / Like

I see, I have P-w-C and like it on my 06 Toureg. I am running Zaino Z5 / zfx followed with Natty`s Blue on my 06 flat black Saab. I may try to apply tonights coat of Nattys blue with the PC. (I noticed some compound quality marring on the roof, what do I have to lose at this point.)

Thread Information