Post Thanks / Like

Quick CarPro HydroFoam Review

Heres a quick review (and i think my first) of CarPro HydroFoam. I referenced 512detail’s thread on the product prior to using it and followed a similar method. I put roughly 20 oz of water with 2 oz of product into the foam gun. I also filled another bucket with 3-4 gallons of water and added half an oz of the soap and had a rinse bucket as well, both with grit guards (probably overkill).

Tested the foam on my girlfriends 2016 CRV, I don’t believe there is any LSP on the car unless its something left over from the dealer. I usually wash the car either 2BM or rinse less every few weeks, usually use a spray wax to help with drying but haven’t waxed or sealed it yet. The car was actually pretty clean for not being washed in a few weeks. I took a picture of the water reaction of the hood and side by just giving it a quick rinse.

Anyways here are a few pics, I didn’t take a ton as it was getting dark soon and used my phone to take them. I was surprised at the amount of suds only .5 oz produced in the bucket, while they didn’t last a real long time in the bucket they were easily reactivated with a shot of water.

I would rinse a section of the car then use a mitt to spread the product would rinse panel and mitt and repeat. The mitt seemed to glide along the paint effortlessly and was slick. The car needs a claying but I didn’t have the time to fit that in. It did have a chemical smell to it almost similar to an adhesive but not as bad a IronX. Overall I used about half of the 20 oz solution on the car and 2 of the tires and wheels, left the driver’s side untouched as those had been treated with Hydro2 Lite a few weeks ago. Ended up bottling the remaining solution.

Seems pretty economical I think I paid $25 for the liter so even if you used the full 2oz per wash I believe it would cost about $1.50/per wash and coat. Wouldn’t use it every week but seems like a great product for a quick wash and lsp for a DD.

Pre-wash water reaction:

Foam on the car:

(Using #1 setting, 2nd most foam I think)

Water behavior after coating

A few after shots

And one of the soap suds with .5oz of soap.

I dried the car using a battery powered Makita blower, the water just flew off the paint so it made drying much easier. I’ll be interested to see the longevity of the protection as the bottle states up to 3 months. Anyone have any experience with how long it will last?

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick CarPro HydroFoam Review

That blower kicks &$$. I love mine. It`s so convenient being battery powered. Also, thanks for the review. I have some and been wanting to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    I’ll be interested to see the longevity of the protection as the bottle states up to 3 months. Anyone have any experience with how long it will last?
    It`s still going strong on my mother`s ford fusion 2 months later. I think it really depends on how many times you wash it without re-application (noticed the properties fade slightly after each wash).

I think you can expect around 3 months considering you said it was last washed 5 weeks ago. If you wash it weekly and it`s outdoors parked I`d day 2 solid months with the LSP tapering off during the 3rd month.
    Likes Celticsfan, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

nice review. I need to check the date on the thread I used it on. because all I have done is add one coat of nattys white on top of it. I was hoping that combo would get me through the rest of the hot summer and into September

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    It`s still going strong on my mother`s ford fusion 2 months later. I think it really depends on how many times you wash it without re-application (noticed the properties fade slightly after each wash).

I think you can expect around 3 months considering you said it was last washed 5 weeks ago. If you wash it weekly and it`s outdoors parked I`d day 2 solid months with the LSP tapering off during the 3rd month.
    Good to know, i think i washed it maybe 2 week ago so it`ll probably get washed roughly twice a month. I`d be happy with 3 months.

And I`m a big fan of the Makita blower, after picking up a few more big batteries it works really well.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    Good to know, i think i washed it maybe 2 week ago so it`ll probably get washed roughly twice a month. I`d be happy with 3 months.

And I`m a big fan of the Makita blower, after picking up a few more big batteries it works really well.
    Which Makita blower? Mine doesn`t dry my car very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Makita 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower

Post Thanks / Like

Quick two month update:

Hood and horizontal panels still seem to be beading pretty well. The roof was dirtier and more dusty than the rest and didn`t seem to bead very much, could just need a wash (it does)

Here`s a pic of just spraying the somewhat dirty hood.

IMG_9110.JPG

Seems to work pretty well, car is washed by me every few months. I think it may have gotten washed (and scratched) by the dealer in between not sure.

Overall great product for something that protects for a few months with not much more effort than washing a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information