Post Thanks / Like

Cool Detailing Brush In Depth Review (PICS HEAVY)

Hi Autopians!!

I want to share a good brush that I just purchase from Amazon recently.

Here it is!! One is boar hair brush (Brown), the other one is pig hair brush (Black)

They came in 3 different sizes and costs me about $20 each set, not bad for 3 brushes imo.

The biggest brush is very huge!! My plan is to use it for seats and interior cleaning, the medium sized ones can be used for exterior and emblems detailing, while the smaller ones will be used for cleaning vents Here`s the size comparison to a Salt bottle that some restaurant may uses.

So, let`s start to do lint test on these brushes.
    Firsts off, the black brush, looks very nice and very thick, very soft as well, softer than the brown one in my oppinion.

Method of testing is brushing on a piece of clean paper.

Here`s the result!! After about a minute of brushing, here`s the amount of lint, it stopped after the first 10 seconds. Not bad at all! I`m liking the black one so much.

The next one is to test the brown brush with the same test method as well.

Here`s the result, this one lints more than the black ones since it is more brittle, might be actually better at cleaning I guess.

Alright, next test is the most important one, scratch test with a test method of using the brush against the back of a CD. I got 2 brand new CDs that will be used as the "Victim"

The black brush is now up for the test

Here`s the result, I didn`t see any scratch other than a very very fine scratches because I got curious and tried to stroke it harder than what you`d actually do when detailing emblems. I`m liking the black ones so far!!

It`s the brown brush turn now. Let`s see! This one is more brittle, so I expect a few scratches when used on a very soft surface like this.

Here`s the result, as expected, it started to scratch as soon as I laid down the third or fourth stroke.

Part 1 Review conclusion:
    I found that the pig hair brush (Black) is softer, thicker, and more likable to my skin. It is slightly less brittle than the boar hair brush (Brown), which I believe is made for another purpose. I can see the black brush being used for an exterior job and on emblems or any non-scratch resistant surface (Wood Panels). I found that the boar hair brush (Brown) is more brittle and I believe that it will have more agitation power when being used on cleaning leather seats or scratch resistant surfaces (Soft-touch dashboard). All in all, if I were to buy only 1 set of these brushes, I would buy the pig hair brushes again. I feel that it is more versatile and softer, my skin doesn`t feel irritated at all.

Part 2 will be available in 2 days, feature a C63 AMG Tomorrow will be these brushes vs the C63 AMG!!
    Here`s the picture of the car. More will be available on another thread.

This is my very first in-depth review thread. Hopefully this helps and please forgive me for any mistakes or wrongs that I`ve made on this in-depth review
    Likes Bunky, Mbkite, Angus, Stokdgs, Paul@Autopia and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing Brush In Depth Review (PICS HEAVY)

Great review. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review...I have the black pigs hair and love it. After seeing your review, I`d probably buy another pigs hair versus getting boars hair. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Thanks Patz!

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Nice review...I have the black pigs hair and love it. After seeing your review, I`d probably buy another pigs hair versus getting boars hair. Thanks!
    Thanks Cobrar97! I really liked the black pig hairs one. The boars one might actually be able to handle tougher stains on leather seats though as it`s more brittle. I`ll test it out today

Post Thanks / Like

rookiez- How long did you soak the brush prior to the CD-test and what did you soak it in?
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how these compare to brushes autopia sells? they are $30 each brush here!! I still haven`t bought one because they are so expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the review, I was actually about to buy the brown hair brush only, but now that you`ve confirmed the differences I need both sets!!! That is a hell of a deal for the set too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    rookiez- How long did you soak the brush prior to the CD-test and what did you soak it in?
    Right, I didn`t soak them at all. I`ll try to soak them in a Meg`s Gold Car Wash Soap diluted to simulate the lubrication that I use when washing cars. Thanks for the Info!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    Does anyone know how these compare to brushes autopia sells? they are $30 each brush here!! I still haven`t bought one because they are so expensive.
    They actually look the same to me and that`s why I decided to try it out $20 for a whole set is cheap indeed! Oh yeah, I`m thinking to buy make-up brushes now lol, my girlfriend has some and it`s the softest brush that I`ve ever touch in my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Thank you so much for the review, I was actually about to buy the brown hair brush only, but now that you`ve confirmed the differences I need both sets!!! That is a hell of a deal for the set too.
    Glad to be a help Oh yeah, as for the brown one, I have to fix the review I suppose. Just as Accumulator posted that we need to soak both brushes first, the boar hairs shouldn`t make any scratches once it is soaked according to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rookiez View Post
    Right, I didn`t soak them at all. I`ll try to soak them in a Meg`s Gold Car Wash Soap diluted to simulate the lubrication that I use when washing cars. Thanks for the Info!!
    Even soaking in plain water might be sufficient for the CD-Test. The shampoo will add lubricity, but I haven`t made up my mind whether that`s good (closer to the "test it the way you use it") or not (maybe it`s merely adding another variable). Heh heh, if I ever make up my mind I`ll undoubtedly post about it.

Just as Accumulator posted that we need to soak both brushes first, the boar hairs shouldn`t make any scratches once it is soaked according to him.
    Well....I wouldn`t go *that* far. Once the flagged tips wore off some of my BHBs they because scratch-machines and back when I ordered/tested a few different ones (and then returned almost all of `em due to dissatisfaction) it was surprising to me how they`re not just categorically safe.

But of course..[INSERT my usual caveats about how you simply *must* use them with the right technique...]

Post Thanks / Like

Did you post a user review?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, I need these brushes, or similar. My Atlasta brush isn`t safe for paint.

may I ask what camera you used? Nice crisp pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked on Amazon and nowhere does it state pig hair, in fact no one seems to know but they may be synthetic. Did I miss something ?.

Dave

Thread Information