Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearl nano

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pearl nano

Quote Originally Posted by Dogheart View Post
    Did you ever do the review?
    I`ve tired all their products..they even have a silica spray now..but not sure if thats still in beta testing as when i first inquired i got 2 samples to try

with that being said. i pretrty much just use textile for fabric protection and pearl nano HD for headlights

this comming season im going to tryout and offer a new coating thats self heal for premier package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nothingface5384 View Post
    I`ve tired all their products..they even have a silica spray now..but not sure if thats still in beta testing as when i first inquired i got 2 samples to try

with that being said. i pretrty much just use textile for fabric protection and pearl nano HD for headlights

this comming season im going to tryout and offer a new coating thats self heal for premier package
    What product is auto healing? I know of one that is a protective cover xterm.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt Carpro have a self healing coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Doesnt Carpro have a self healing coating?
    No..they have a self heal clear coat system.. it only like 1 personal installs it ...guessing cause it needs high $$$ equipment to cure it..
    Called immortal

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few self-healing coatings available now, Nanohide is one of the samples I`ve had for about 2 years now. They require heat to heal though and IMO they don`t heal as well as PPF and Immortal does, but any healing is welcome in my book. Feynlab is coming out with there own Self-Healing coating as well now and I have a feeling Nanohide made by Feynlab, not that it matters.
    Likes Audios S6 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Ok, I left for Nebraska on Sunday, and as luck would have it, I got my kit in the mail on Saturday. My car is currently coated with Beeds, which has done very well for me. My wife`s white BMW is more of my "try new stuff out car" I will have hers done by Monday when I get back. So far, I love the pricing, packaging, and the marketing offered to you as a detailer to help you succeed, and yes, for them to sell more product. I will give a full review of the application process when I am done. And updated reviews on performance as time goes on.
    Would love to hear your impressions of the Pearl products if you`ve used them...

Thanks
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Went ahead and applied the Pearl Nano Base + Topcoat (1 layer each) to a fleet vehicle I had finished prepping Friday. Was gonna use 22ple HPC on it but the Pearl sample pak arrived so I decided to use that instead.

As I was applying the Base coat it kinda reminded me of Gyeon Mohs but somehow `easier` to work with than Mohs; can`t exactly why it seemed easier but it just was. Application and removal were a breeze at about 3:30 minutes in a 60F degree warehouse. I varied that time a bit longer just to see how it worked and the Base coat was very forgiving but there certainly was a sweet spot around the 3:30 window where everything (on and off) was about as easy as any I have used previously. Was quite pleased.

Took about an hour or so to complete vehicle but...a little slow at first until I got over that initial `new product` panel application but really smooth sailing after that.

The Base coat seemed to produce somewhat of that `hard candy` look typical of some coatings.

Moving on to the Top coat it reminded me of Kamikaze ISM, but easier to apply/buff especially when stretching it near the outer edge of the 1 to 2 minute window between application and removal; timed just right, the removal was more of a process of helping the coating `melt into the paint` as opposed to actually removing anything...was quite fun and effective.

The Top coat also seemed to mute the hard candy look of the base, lending a deeper, warmer look to the surface, much like the Kamikaze ISM does.

And that`s when I realized that, with respect to application and initial appearance, Pearl Nano base/top reminded me of the Kamikaze Miyabi + ISM combo.

I have the Kamikaze combo on my wife`s daily driver, applied 6 months/approx. 5000 miles ago, driven daily thru the NE Ohio winter...it has been an incredible performer, looking great, amazing self cleaning abilities and just an overall excellent combo albeit a bit expensive Given the similarities in application and initial appearance between Miyabi/ISM and Pearl Base/Top I am REALLY looking forward to seeing how the Pearl Nano behaves once the vehicle is `released into the wild` in 2 weeks. If it`s performance mimics the application similarities to the Kami combo, given the cost of Kami vs. Pearl Nano I`d say the guys at Pearl Nano have an INCREDIBLE product. Time will tell but I have high hopes.

My sample pack of Pearl Nano contained about 25-30 ml of the Base and Top coat (in addition to the Textile and Glass coatings) and I`d guess I used about a 1/3 of that to do 1 coat of each on the vehicle. Probably went a bit heavy initially when I was getting application specifics down.

A little background for perspective:

Just a garage hobbyist here, will probably run 15-20 vehicles thru here this summer. Don`t charge anyone for anything, I just enjoy doing this and seeing friends and acquaintances see the transformation of previously average condition cars into glossy, visually appealing vehicles that are very, very easy to maintain...it`s just fun and rewarding for me. Since coatings are a big component in the `easy to maintain` aspect and I generally absorb the cost of materials, dropping a $250 coating combo on all the cars would be a little impractical...especially considering our house would also be filled with women`s shoes and jewelry when my wife realized how much $$$ I was spending on my `hobby` and tried to keep up by indulging in her hobby, shopping. It would just be a mess around here!

Last year I was using an inexpensive coating because it allowed me to give the coating experience at under $10 per application, performed adequately and was relatively easy to use. Seeing the difference between some `better` product choices that I used on some cars kinda ked to trying to find a better mix of cost/results.

Since I really couldn`t work outta my garage in NE Ohio winter I started plucking some vehicles outta the fleet where I work (heated indoor warehouse availability), spending way too much time compounding and polishing them and then trying different coatings to try to find a logical, well performing and cost effective (monitoring various coating vendor sites sales/special promos and buying when offered) coating I could use this summer without breaking the bank.

Being a somewhat seasonal business I was able to pick vehicles and get them prepped and coated prior to the season (and their daily use) which begins in April. So far I have vehicles done with:
    - Carpro CQuartz
    - Gtechnic Crystal Serum Light (topped with Liquid Crystal C2V3)
    - Gyeon MOHS
    - Pearl Nano

and can hopefully get to the products still sitting on my desk:
    -McKees 37 Paint Coating, topped with Gyeon Booster
    -22ple HPC
    -The Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating
    -Gyeon Prime

May not get to `em all in the next few weeks but gonna try. Up until using the Pearl Nano yesterday the Gtechnic Crystal Serum Light combo was my favorite in terms of application and initial appearance; Pearl Nano now resides in that top spot C quartz was kinda `Meh`...was OK but really didn`t wow me in any one area. The Gyeon Mohs applied well and looked good but when I first drove in light rain just to see sheeting/water behavior it was OK but not earth shattering; kinda dissapointed because I really like Gyeon Stuff lately, was hoping it would rise to the top.

The Gtechnic CSL performs well in the rain (yeah, any time it rained I`d snatched a vehicle and go for a ride on various roads, bring it back, park it inside and see what it looked like an hour or so later) although anecdotal evidence indicates it`s the c2v3 topper that provides CSL with `enhanced` water behavior.

Going forward the `test` vehicles will likely be maintained going forward with occasional bucket washes with Gyeon Bathe+ with maybe an occasional Gyeon Wet coat application.

Anyway...that`s where I`m at. Loved the Pearl Nano and given its application and initial appearance characteristics (and similarities to a known top performer) this certainly has the makings of an all around `home run` product. Well done, Pearl Nano!

Edit: And great thanks to the folks at Pearl Nano for giving a `little guy` access to what initially appears to be a very high level product. Now, how do I go about getting one of those spiffy green Pearl Nano shirts?

Disclaimer: All above impressions have no scientific or definable backing; it`s just what popped into my mind while using them.

Likes HCF, MattPersman, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^ This looks like cool test for some popular coatings.

But please don`t use a soap like Bathe+ or even WetCoat. If you do then you are really only looking at that topper product. To see how good and how long a coating can truly last we need to make them do all the heavy lifting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    ^ This looks like cool test for some popular coatings.

But please don`t use a soap like Bathe+ or even WetCoat. If you do then you are really only looking at that topper product. To see how good and how long a coating can truly last we need to make them do all the heavy lifting.
    Valid point for sure but I`d also like to see how they perform given how *I* would maintain them throughout the lifespan. I`d also like to possibly get `em through the next six months looking good.

Lotsa things will be out of my control as once they leave the shop each morning it`s "Every van for themselves!" and i might not see rhe van until the next week. Some guys take pride in their vehicle, some treat `em like Rent a Wreck vehicles.

Certainly something to think about though..

For the CSL, Mohs and HPC I do have the brand-specific maint boosters/toppers for them so I could keep those in use.

Heck, once the season gets going maybe the best thing to do is NO maint. by me and just leave them to their own devices. Some will go thru touch less washes and others will do nothing. Maybe that`s the best, real world approach...and it also means less work for me. Maybe at most a quick blast/foam/blast with Gyeon Foam and a foam cannon every now and again.

Edit: I`m thinking the above may be the best way to go; "Here`s your coated vehicle, lets see how how it holds up..."

*sigh* I`m tired of work vans and trucks but it`s all I got until the weather breaks...not to mention the cost of these coatings is starting to get to be noticeable with each new one I buy. And I can`t help myself when I see something that interest me. DI is running 25% off for the next day and I`m just trolling the website looking for stuff to buy.

Really just trying to keep `in the game` and maybe come out with a coating that eclipses my current favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, the Perl Nano applicators were rock hard this morning; of the coatings I`ve used so far only the Kamikaze ISM hardened to that degree...hmmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

What was the sample kit price if you can share that. Looks very interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That "hard applicator" thing has always bothered me. I`ve used several coatings and so far none of them hardened the applicator like I expected. It just seems logical that a coating would harden an applicator. Unless it is one of the two part coating systems that need the base coat to activate the top coat. I guess it is the amount of SiO2 in the coating formula that contributes to the hardness, although I really am not sure. It would be nice to have a chemist explain what to look for when buying a coating or at least explain why a coating does or does not harden an applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried washing the applicators after they have hardened and it didn`t change the hardness at all. I love Pearl Nano. After I move, I will take the steps to being an authorized installer.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Pearl nano

So... I`m bumping this thread today. A couple years ago, I coated my MIL`s car with leftover Pearl Nano base. I washed it a couple months ago. It`s been through the tunnel wash weekly for over 2 years. Still beading like new. I had zero expectations from this coating based on the washes it had. Now, i had a high spot on a different car right after I tried it.... i had to hammer down on it to remove it. the point of this post, is to just point out, I think these guys have a very solid product lineup.... And No.... I`m not being a Pan
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    So... I`m bumping this thread today. A couple years ago, I coated my MIL`s car with leftover Pearl Nano base. I washed it a couple months ago. It`s been through the tunnel wash weekly for over 2 years. Still beading like new. I had zero expectations from this coating based on the washes it had. Now, i had a high spot on a different car right after I tried it.... i had to hammer down on it to remove it. the point of this post, is to just point out, I think these guys have a very solid product lineup.... And No.... I`m not being a Pan
    When I go to their site, I don’t see a traditional coating, just a spray ceramic. Do they still make the product you reference?

EDIT: Looks to be pro only for the coating (non-spray).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information