Anything but Boring.... Fishpimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PC Polishing Clarity, Please Define

After reading and reading and more reading I`m gathering that we all have different techniques and styles of polishing with a PC. So I would like to find out how each of the following terms are defined in your own words.

PASS? 1 pass mean the completion of a polish breakdown cycle or pattern. For instance verticle, horizontal, criss cross right, criss cross left is a complete 1 pass. 2 passess would be this process twice.

Pressure? Is the amount of weight applied to the PC while polishing. Personally I apply enough pressure to allow the polish to do its job while using enough pressure to keep machine flat to surface.

PASS PATTERN? What is the pattern of your pass is it the up down, left right and repeat or is it the up down, left right , criss cross etc

Add more terms as need and do feel free to High Jack this thread because I want to see what things we read and wonder what do they really mean.

I just wanted to start something early this morning cause I`m bored at work! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PC Polishing Clarity, Please Define

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpimp
    After reading and reading and more reading I`m gathering that we all have different techniques and styles of polishing with a PC. So I would like to find out how each of the following terms are defined in your own words.

PASS? 1 pass mean the completion of a polish breakdown cycle or pattern. For instance verticle, horizontal, criss cross right, criss cross left is a complete 1 pass. 2 passess would be this process twice.

Pressure? Is the amount of weight applied to the PC while polishing. Personally I apply enough pressure to allow the polish to do its job while using enough pressure to keep machine flat to surface.

PASS PATTERN? What is the pattern of your pass is it the up down, left right and repeat or is it the up down, left right , criss cross etc

Add more terms as need and do feel free to High Jack this thread because I want to see what things we read and wonder what do they really mean.

I just wanted to start something early this morning cause I`m bored at work! LOL
    Pass seems to be used to mean two different things, and I guess people expect you to figure it out from the context. Unfortunately, that is not always possible, particularly if you are new at machine polishing.

Pass can mean one complete application of product to a, say 18 X 18 inch area through breakdown of the product, which may involve going over the same area several times until the product is almost dry, OR it can mean a single "going over" of the same area. SO a pass can involve several passes! Mud?

Thread Information