Post Thanks / Like

Shine Supply Classic Polish Review

I`ve been using a lot of Shine Supply products for almost a year and a half now. They don`t have big presence on the forums and many people don`t review them, so I thought I would start to review their products. Some of these pictures you might have seen in my post about the correction on my 2011 BMW 328i, but this post will review the polish.

Prep:
    I prepped the car with Meg`s hyper wash mixed with some degreaser to strip the paint. I then clayed it with the Nanoskin Sponge Block and did a Shine Supply Throwback wipe-down (oil remover/ paint prep).

Packaging:
    The packaging of this product is very nice. It is a high quality bottle that is slightly clear (so you can see how much polish you have left). Each bottle comes with a flip top cap which dispenses a good amount of product. It is very easy to get a small dime sized amount, or a lot out to prime the pad. The labels are high quality with clear instructions. My only complaint is that the top on the bottle is not self cleaning. After polishing a car, the next time you go to use the polish the cap will be clogged with dried polish which you have to blow out with compressed air or fish out with a paperclip.

Polisher/ Pad/ Speed:
    I used my Rupes 21mm (original not MK2) with a white Rupes Ultrafine pad. This is my personal car so wasn`t that bad, but needed to be corrected due to the nature of how soft Black Sapphire Metallic paint is. I primed the pad first with Classic Polish, then worked it on speed 5 with firm pressure for 3 passes (cross-hatch) to remove the light defects. Then, I slowed the machine to 3.5-4 with light pressure to jewel or finish the paint.

Dusting:
    The product claims to have no dust, however I did not find that to be the case. It didn`t spit dust everywhere or anything, but there was a little dust from the abrasives breaking down. To me, this is no big deal because I give the car a second wash after polishing anyway.

Consistency:
    This product is a typical polish consistency however it reminds me of Menzerna. It is quite oily which gives it a great working time. I did 4 cross-hatch passes and did not need to mist water at any time. I could continue with additional passes after 4, as well. Wipe-off of the product was very easy and it did not require much elbow grease. It wiped off cleanly and did not leave a haze, either.

Correction Ability:
    Shine Supply Classic Polish is an extremely versatile product. In this instance, I used it with an Ultrafine pad to be used as a finishing polish. However, I`ve used it before with Griots Orange Cutting Pads as well as Rupes Yellow Polishing pads and I`ve gotten a decent correction power. This polish can definitely handle minor hazing, scratches, swirls, etc. For how well this polish finishes down, I was impressed with the amount of correction power I got out of it. This product reminds me a lot of Menzerna FF3000. It can be used as a cutting polish or a finishing polish and anywhere in between based on pad choice.

Finishing Ability:
    Like I stated earlier, this finishes on par with ultrafine finishing polishes on the market. I lightened up the pressure and used a soft pad, but it worked fantastically as a finishing polish. It was very easy to work with and gave an incredible look.

After CP, no wax or sealant or anything:

Final Thoughts:
    Overall, I think this product is great. It can replace 3 or 4 cutting/ finishing polishes on your shelf by being able to do it all with one. It is easy to work with, has a fantastic working time, easy removal, and pretty low dusting. If you are a fan of the versatility of Menzerna FF3000, I think you will love this product. Side-note, this product does contain petroleum distillates, which some people don`t care for. To me, it is not an issue because I work in a well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and understand that most polishes contain them. Here are some after shots from my correction.

Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes mjlinane, tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shine Supply Classic Polish Review

Nice review. This is my goto polish at the moment. It is pretty user friendly. Have you used chop top or their heavy cut?
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Nice review. This is my goto polish at the moment. It is pretty user friendly. Have you used chop top or their heavy cut?
    I have not used Chop Top. However, I have used Classic Compound and Flat Top. I personally thought Flat Top was pretty good, so not sure I need a more expensive version aka Chop Top.
    Michael Daboll

-1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

I used it a couple of times and it was hard for me to tell when it broke down due the menzerna like long,long buffing cycle

Post Thanks / Like

Did you use too much polish? Ive played around with priming the pad and not, and im leaning towards not.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I actually may have. I talked to Jeremy about it. For compounding where you need all the abrasives, you prime the pad. For polishing, don`t because you don`t need that much product.
    Michael Daboll

Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I used it a couple of times and it was hard for me to tell when it broke down due the menzerna like long,long buffing cycle
    Chop Top was designed to have an incredibly long working time. The abrasives continue to break down, so the longer you work it, the better finish you get. If you want a product that flashes really easily and is easy to tell when the cycle is done try Flat Top.
    Michael Daboll

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Thread Information