Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Review: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash - Autopia
    Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash - Autogeek

Price: $19.99 for 16 oz.

Impressions:
    I was immediately familiar with this bottle and really like how it has a built-in measure. The product is a chalky pinkish-red and has a delightful cherry Creamsicle smell (not like cherry cough drops which I dislike). It’s definitely a keep away from kids, kind of smell. I also like how the bottle is marked off on the side in ounces in cause you don’t want to use the built-in measure (covers both types of people).

Details:
    I waited a long time to write this review because I didn’t want to rush it like my other reviews, and to be honest I wasn’t a Rinseless wash kind of guy. I was used to my many buckets in a shopping cart way of weekly washing (P.S. I don’t use a shopping cart anymore). My Jeep SRT8 also happens to get exceptionally dirty every week (nickname Pig-Pen?) to the point I was apprehensive about doing a Rinseless wash (don’t want to mar the paint). Lastly, my microfibers had already been dedicated to other tasks so I special ordered a batch of 12 blue Eagle Edgeless towels that have been used exclusively for Wolf Gang Uber Rinseless Wash!

Technique/Process:
    I’m not sure who’s named what process anymore but here’s my take…

Two buckets, one with 3 gallons of hot water a grit guard (“just cuz”) 12 folded Eagle Edgeless towels and 1 oz. of Wolf Gang Uber Rinseless Wash, and in the other bucket; 2-3 gallons of hot water and grit guard (again, “just cuz”). Rinsed the car off using hot water and a Gilmour spray gun on "jet" (it’s cold outside so I’m using hot water).

I take a solution soaked folded towel from the bucket without ringing (I let it drip a few seconds into the bucket), and then start from the middle of the roof, moving from front to back, and rolling the towel as I slowly swipe (panel by panel from front to back and top to bottom). In one swipe I go about 1-2 feet and 75% of the towel looks dirty, so I flip to a new side until all 8 sides have been used (cleans about half of a large panel or one small panel) and then I put it in the bucket with only hot water to soak until I wash (I want to keep these towels a while). Then I follow with a waffle weave towel (Dry Me A River Jr.) generously spritzed with Wolf Gang Uber Rinseless Wash at a home brewed strength (32:1 ratio, or 16oz distilled water and 0.5 oz. of Wolf Gang Uber Rinseless Wash) and then I wipe the surface dry and flip to a new side in preparation for the next area (one dry me a river JR has 16 sides once folded so there’s more than one side per Rinseless wash towel, e.g. I used only one towel to dry a whole car).

Short version:
    2 buckets
    12 towels in one bucket with 1 oz.
    uber in 3 gal of water
    Rinse car
    Wipe with towels and roll as I wipe
    Soak used towels in 2nd buck until washed
    Dry using Uber as a drying aid at 32:1

Photos...

My mother’s Ford Fusion hadn’t been hand washed in 7 months (she said she took it through a touchless “only a few times”).

Someone dinged her door…

I got to work using only the process described above (hadn’t dressed plastics yet)

Cleaned and dressed to impress:

Outstanding gloss (I could only wish for this color on my SRT8):

Gloss, flake, wet all in one shot:

Merlin of the north...

Close up’s of that red flake popping in the setting sun as I was drying:

Now for the bad news, the paint is less than satisfactory condition considering I corrected it last year!

I hope this is warranted because a 2015 shouldn’t be rusting, should it?!

My daily driver getting a Rinseless after going to the track (it was filthy)…

Uber on Uber hood gloss:

Side panel gloss (still the same LSP’s from my winter face off):

Not much clearance now that it`s lowered:
    Recap:
    It’s the best Rinseless wash I’ve used to date (that leaves something behind). It cleaned fantastically. My paint was not marred but something happened to the Ford (more on that below). The paint felt super slick when using Uber as a drying aid and further amps up the gloss. Uber took me from an anti-Rinseless wash kind of guy to a “I can’t wait to Rinseless again with Uber fanboy”!

Ford mystery solved:
    My mom rubs up against the car when she’s cleaning the snow off and she kind of only does her side well. So the driver’s side of the car (that’s in the sun) is covered in RIDS while the passenger’s side is pristine. The scratches on the gas cap panel are because she holds her keys when she pumps gas (I don’t know why). Same for when she opens and closes the driver’s door and trunk (she does it with the keys in her hands against the paint). I tried to nicely explain what she’s been doing to the paint and showed her the passenger side… Even the B and C pillars I corrected are very heavily swirled on the driver’s side whereas on the passenger’s side they are perfect still. It wasn’t my wash technique, it wasn’t my media, it wasn’t uber, it was my mom rubbing the paint with a metal buttoned winter jacket trying to remove snow…

Conclusion:
    Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash is one of those products you just have to try for yourself (it’s that good). Everything from the smell to the gloss to the cleaning power had me blown away! It’s a fantastic product and I don’t think I’ll be using UWW+ as a drying aid ever again (replaced by Uber). I see many more Rinseless washes in my future
    Likes The Guz, pheerix, Loach, Red Orc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Fantastic review. Always glad to see another Uber Rinseless convert.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Red Orc liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Thread Information