Post Thanks / Like

Ultima Flawless Finish System Review

This is a long overdue review of the Ultima Flawless Finish System. I was fortunate to win the kit in a contest just prior to leaving for Detail Fest and want to thank Paul at Autopia for giving me the chance to try it out. The system includes pads, polishes, paint sealant and microfiber towels for polish removal and buffing. The complete package listing is a follows:

Kit includes:

Ultima Fine Cut & Polish
    Ultima Final Polish
    Ultima Paint Sealant
    Buff & Shine Low-Pro Large Throw 6.5 inch Orange Medium Cut/Polishing
    Buff & Shine Low-Pro Large Throw 6.5 inch Maroon Polishing
    Buff & Shine Low-Pro Large Throw 6.5 inch Red Finishing
    3 Microfiber Detailing Towels, 16 x 16 inches

Product Description:

After extensive research, testing, and time, Ultima has introduced their new Flawless Finish System. A three step process, with all three products and their corresponding pads included in the kit, will remove swirls and scratches from your paint and leave you with a crystal clear and imperfection-free finish. Ultima has eliminated the guesswork from choosing the correct products for your needs – the easy to follow, color-coded products make a pro out of any aspiring detailer!

Cost $119.00

Ultima Flawless Finish System

When I finally arrived at Detail Fest, Rick and the Ultima guys had this kit on display in the Ultima booth and I have the chance to try it out on a spare hood panel with the Flex 3401. I was pretty impressed with the correcting ability of the polishes and was pretty excited to get home and give the kit a try on my own cars.

I will try and give my thoughts on each component of the system:

1. Pads-The kit includes three pads for cutting, polishing, and sealant application (Orange for cutting, Maroon for polishing, and red for sealant application). The pads are 6.5 inch and are extremely hard and dense. I used the pads with my GG6 after switching out my 5 inch backing plate for the included 6 inch plate. The cutting ability of the pads is pretty impressive. However, I feel that this was the only weakness in the whole kit for me. I prefer a smaller (5.5 inch) and softer foam pad. I found the orange and maroon pad to be somewhat difficult to work with as compared to other whilte or orange pads on the market. The red finishing pad was excellent and made application of the paint sealant a breeze. The pads are listed as Buff and Shine pads and I just prefer the softer foam compared to the more dense included in the kit.

2. Polishes-The kit includes 3 polishes a Fine Cut and Polish, Finishing polish, and a paint sealant. The polishes were great to work with. Excellent cutting ability, super long working time, and next to no dusting. The paint sealant was fantastic. Rick from Ultima told me the longer I can wait before removal the better. He said it just helps with the cross linking and suggested about an hour before removal. The sealant wiped off super easy and left the paint very very slick.

3. Towels-The kit includes 3 towels (2 yellow and 1 blue buffing). At first I thought the yellow towels were similar to the Costco type towels. However, I was wrong and they were much thicker and were great at removing the polishes. The blue buffing towel was also very nice and plush and make removal of the sealant a pleasure.

4. Backing plate-The kit includes a 6 inch backing plate. The hook and loop is super strong and I actually struggled getting the pads off. The plate quality was excellent.

Overall Thoughts:

I found the kit to be a pleasure to work with . I have used Ultima products since they were released and was fortunate enough to beta test some of them prior to the product line’s release. Every one of the included products was top notch. The kit was very well package and there was plenty of documentation listing the features of each product and how to use them. I think if the kit was available with a pad option for say 5.5 inch pads in different foams it would be a complete winner.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Angus, mjlinane, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultima Flawless Finish System Review

Cool review. Is one pad of each color enough?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool review. Is one pad of each color enough?
    I think you might need additional pads unless you are going to be keeping the pad pretty clean. The red finishing pad should be perfect since you are only applying the paint sealant.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I will try and give my thoughts on each component of the system:

1. Pads-... I found the orange and maroon pad to be somewhat difficult to work with as compared to other whilte or orange pads on the market. ... I just prefer the softer foam compared to the more dense included in the kit.

4. Backing plate-The kit includes a 6 inch backing plate. The hook and loop is super strong and I actually struggled getting the pads off. The plate quality was excellent.
    Thanks for your review. Seems we have similar thoughts. Especially those two quoted.

That backing plate hook and loop. DAMN its tough. I used three BRAND NEW Hexlogic pads last night. Washed them this morning. I put them on my GG6 with that backing plate to spin dry them. When I went to pull the pad off, it ripped the hook and look from the foam pad!! I thought it was a bad pad, but it did it again to the next one. DOH!

Thread Information