Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating
    Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Description: (Taken from Autopia`s website)

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is an incredibly durable resin-based coating that bonds with your vehicle to create a lasting layer of protection against the elements. Even if you’re a dedicated carnauba fan, this easy-to-apply formula will make a believer out of you! Each application of Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating yields as many as three years’ worth of deep, stunning reflections and incredible glossiness!

After you’ve spent hours polishing your vehicle’s paint to perfection, your first instinct maybe to reach for your trusty pot of carnauba wax, after all applying it is easy enough. Carnauba is great, it offers a warm glow and it can actually be pretty fun to apply, but it truly lacks in the durability category. If you’ve avoided jumping on the paint coating band wagon up until this point, Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating will change your mind for good!

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is just as easy to apply as a wax or sealant, but offers durability of up to three years! This clear resin bonds directly to paint forming an impenetrable barrier against environmental contaminants. In fact, Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating acts like an additional clear coat layer, helping minimize the risk of scratches, swirl marks, and other damage to the factory clear. Once coated, your vehicle will stay cleaner and will be easier to wash since dirt and grime won’t be able to stick to the smooth surface.

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating forms a semi-permanent bond with the surface of your vehicle. Once in place, the only way to remove it is to physically abrade it away. It is packaged in a plastic syringe for easy application, and will last up to 3 years on paint, 2 years on wheels, and 1 year on glass—just try to get that kind of durability from your carnauba! Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating forms a super-glossy shell of protection on your vehicle that is as much as 50 times thicker than a coat of a conventional wax or sealant. Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating protects your vehicle and looks great doing it!

Includes:
    15cc Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating
    Application card
    Wolfgang Concours Series Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches
    Coating Applicator

Price:
    $129.99 for 15cc
    $199.99 for 30cc (currently on sale for $149.99)

The Review:

I had a very nice and stunning 2013 BMW M5 to detail last weekend and the owner wanted to apply a coating to the vehicle. I elected to use the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating because I know Wolfgang only produces top notch products and this beast deserves the best products available. I wanted to share my experience and thoughts of this product with my fellow geeks.

I first prepped the vehicle by removing as much swirls and defects as much as possible. You want the paint underneath the coating to be as perfect as possible because you will seal whatever condition the paint is in once you apply the coating. For more details on how I prepared the vehicle described in this review, please check out my full detail thread here: Detailed: 2013 BMW M5 - Black Sapphire Metallic - HRE Wheels

Here`s what you get out of the box:

Here`s the the instruction card says:

The instructions said to use Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep
    to thoroughly clean the paint surface. I will include this product in this review as part of the coating application process.

Here are some pictures of the product and directions:

I sprayed the Paint Prep directly on to each panel multiple times and wiped the product off. I used a second dry microfiber to ensure that the panel I`m working on is completely dry. This product is very pleasant to use because it has a very nice smell. It has some kind of fruity smell to it. The product spreads very easily and the evaporation process reminds me of how coatings flash. But the second dry microfiber towel took care of any remaining residue left on the panel I`m working on. I used this product each panel as I worked my way around the car.

After ensuring that the paint is free of any polishing oils or chemicals, the coating can now be applied.

I first primed the pad by applying a "X" pattern of product in my brand new foam applicator pad as shown:

I then started working on each panel. The instructions said to work on one panel at a time and break the hood, trunk and roof into 2 sections. But for this car, I found that each panel was too big. I broke down each door and panels into 2. I broke down the hood and roof into 3 sections. I would add about 10 drops before applying the coating on each work area.

Here are some pictures of the coating flashing. Sorry for the blurry pictures as it was very hard to capture.

After about a minute of applying the coating to each panel, about 80% of the coating would have flashed off by then. I would then use my microfiber towel to buff off any excess coating that hasn`t flashed. You need to be very careful and thorough with this step. If you miss buffing any coating that didn`t flash, this will harden and the only way to remove them is to polish them out.

Thoughts:

I have a lot of experience applying Optimum Opti-coat 2.0 so I will be mainly comparing my experience against that product. Application of the Wolfgang Uber Coating was easy as pie. The application process went on very smooth. The foam applicator pad wasn`t grabby at all. I hated using Opti-coat 2.0 because the coating was grabby and would sometimes cause the foam pad to fall from your hand. The product also spreads very easily and it seems that you don`t need much product to cover an entire panel. Doing the criss-cross application pattern ensures even coverage.

The paint surface was very slick to the touch after the coating has cured for 24 hours. It almost felt like it was just waxed. I liked this feature a lot. I hated the fact that Opti-coat 2.0 didn`t feel slick at all after application.

So those are 2 major improvements of the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating over the Opti-coat 2.0. I think these are amazing improvements.

I tried to take videos of the water reactions as well.

Sorry the next video wasn`t focused properly. I didn`t see the problem as I was recording and didn`t realize this mistake until I uploaded the movie to my computer.

As you can see, the surface repels and sheets off water very well.

Here are some pictures of the paint after about 48 hours of cure time. I was blown away with how slick and shiny the surface is. I couldn`t believe my eyes and my jaw dropped to the floor. You be the judge.

Conclusion:

I think PBMG did a homerun with this product. The Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating is very easy to use so anybody can apply this coating. It provides a very slick, glossy and shiny paint surface. This coating is a no brainer because not only does it make your car look good but it also gives your car better and longer lasting protection. Just imagine all the free time you gain from not having to wax your car as often. If it really does last up to 3 years as advertise, you really can`t beat that.

If you`re looking for a good coating to apply to your car, please seriously consider the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating - you will not be disappointed!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes The Guz, mjlinane, Tpr1634, Ronkh, Migue and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

Looks like great stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Marc!
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Marc, I really like the Wolfgang line and I have been thinking about a coating for my F-150 only issue is the 12 hour cure no wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review
    Thanks

Got a tube sitting here
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Great review Marc!
    Thanks a lot, Mike! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpr1634 View Post
    Nice review Marc, I really like the Wolfgang line and I have been thinking about a coating for my F-150 only issue is the 12 hour cure no wet.
    Thank you, Tpr1634! You should do it! You`ll love the coating application process and the protection it provides.

Is it because it`s always raining there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool review
    Thanks

Got a tube sitting here
    Thank you, Ronkh! I`d love to hear your thoughts on it.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

looks nice marc, did you have enough product to do the paint, wheels and glass? I always tend to use more than is required.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome results! Glad I was able to answer your questions the other day! Love the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    looks nice marc, did you have enough product to do the paint, wheels and glass? I always tend to use more than is required.
    Thanks a lot Tropicsteve! I used about half to do the paint and glass. I used DP wheel coating for the wheels on this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Awesome results! Glad I was able to answer your questions the other day! Love the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating
    Thank you so much Justin!!! I really appreciate your help the other day! I love this product as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Tpr1634! You should do it! You`ll love the coating application process and the protection it provides.

Is it because it`s always raining there?

No I`m in south jersey I would have to really play the weather I would be more concerned about dew, I wish I had a bigger garage to park my truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job, wonder if that is a private label of Gloss coat or Optimum Pro as the delivery system is familiar.

Video looks great, I would definitely buy. 20ML is enough product, 10ML not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Nice Job, wonder if that is a private label of Gloss coat or Optimum Pro as the delivery system is familiar.

Video looks great, I would definitely buy. 20ML is enough product, 10ML not so much.
    it is NOT a private label version of GC. This was discussed at length when it released.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post

Thank you.

Nick over at AGO said that it`s not a repackaged OC/OG. They developed this from scratch. He even said that the syringe and the components are different.

BTW, WG coating is served in 15cc and 30cc packages. Not like OC at 10/20cc.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been so tempted to get this stuff even though I have gloss coat in the closet, waiting for friendly weather to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Marc!

I put the same coating on my car a few weeks ago, here`s a quick photo of the sheeting I took in the rain last night.
    This coating hates water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information