Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Griots Garage BOSS Creams and Pads

Review: Griot`s Garage BOSS Creams and Pads
    Griots Garage BOSS Best of Show System

Description: (Taken from Autopia`s website)

I won`t post the description this time because I`m reviewing multiple products. Just check out the link I posted above and it will take you to the Griot`s Garage BOSS system. You can click each product and read the descriptions in the website.

Prices:
    Griot`s Garage BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream:
    • $23.99 for 16oz (currently on sale for $19.99)
    • $129.99 for 128oz (currently on sale for $103.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS Perfecting Cream and Finishing Sealant:
    • $19.99 for 16oz (currently on sale for $15.99)
    • $109.99 for 128oz (currently on sale for $87.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 5" Microfiber pads:
    • $25.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $22.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 5" Foam pads:
    • $22.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $19.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 5" 6 pack pads (pick your own combination):
    • $70.50 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $55)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 6" Microfiber pads:
    • $29.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $25.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 6" Foam pads:
    • $27.99 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $22.99)

Griot`s Garage BOSS 6" 6 pack pads (pick your own combination):
    • $87.97 for a 2 pack (currently on sale for $65)

Introduction:

Ever since I got my hands on the Griot`s Garage BOSS G21 polisher (Here`s my review: Review: Griot`s Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES), I was amazed at how well the polisher works and I`ve always been intrigued on trying the BOSS creams and pads with it to see how the system works together. At the time, I couldn`t afford the creams because I already spent a lot. I got these creams from my secret santa so big thanks to ShawnF350!!!

I was only able to try some of the creams and pads but I have no doubt that all of these fine products work equally well.

The Review:

I had a BMW M5 to detail this weekend and I told myself i wanted to give the Griot`s Garage BOSS creams and pads a shot since I was planning to use the Griot`s Garage BOSS G21 polisher. I wanted to see how well these products worked.

Since the car had a lot of swirls, I knew I would want to try the compounding products. So for this detail, I elected to try the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and the BOSS Correcting Cream. Since this was a system, I wanted to try the BOSS microfiber pad with the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream and the BOSS orange foam pad with the BOSS Correcting Cream. Here are the products being used during my test spot procedure:

Correcting Cream with Orange Foam Pad:

Fast Correcting Cream with Microfiber Pad: (You can see my test spot in the background)

The Correcting Cream with the orange foam pad didn`t really eliminate most of the swirls. I wanted more correction power than what I got. I wasn`t really surprised by this given how bad the car`s condition really was. So after, I tried using the Fast Correcting Cream with the microfiber pad and I was blown away with the amount of correction I achieved and it finished down LSP ready! How cool was that?!

Here are some shots when I used this combination:

Before:

50/50:

After:

Since I was achieving great results, I wanted to see if stepping down the cream to the Correcting cream while keeping the same microfiber pad will yield the same results. I was thinking that if it did, why use a stronger compound right?

I was achieving equally good results!!! Here are some shots when I used this combination:

Before:

50/50:

After:

I also used the Correcting Cream with the Rupes 75E mini and the Rupes green foam pad and it worked extremely well too!

Rear Bumper Before:

Rear Bumper After:

Window Sills 50/50:

Both the Fast Correcting Cream and the Correcting Cream are very thick and viscous. They were both very easy to work with and produce virtually zero dust. These creams provide a very long working time if you had to polish the surface longer. But even with just a few passes, these creams remove swirls VERY QUICKLY. The wipe off was a breeze too and as you are removing the product, you are left with a jaw-dropping, LSP ready finish. Well that was for the paint I was working with. I`m sure your results will vary somewhat. I used the Correcting Cream throughout the entire detail. It has a very strong smell. I can`t really pinpoint what it exactly is but it`s a blend of both chemical smell and something pleasant. After a few hours of my first time using it, I ended up having a migraine. I think it`s because of how strong the smell was and I wasn`t wearing a mask. The product label did say to use in a well ventilated area...

I also liked the dispenser/cover of the BOSS cream bottles. They are rounded at the top, which allows you to spread the product onto the pad. I think it`s an ingenious idea! No more mess or using your fingers to spread the product on the face of the pad.

So we have talked about how great the Fast Correcting Cream and the Correcting Cream works. Now, I`d like to start talking about the pads themselves. Before we even start, I LOVE THESE PADS!!!

Here`s a shot of the BOSS microfiber pad:

As you can see from this (and the orange foam pad above), these BOSS pads are very thin in profile. They are made specifically for the BOSS polishers and backing plates so you can expect them to fit the BP perfectly as shown below:

The fibers on the pad seem to have thickness to them too:

Here`s one of the things I love about these pads, after buffing your work area, the fibers stay upright!!! How cool is that?! Here`s a picture of the fibers after doing one work area:

Ever since Meguiar`s came out with their microfiber pads, I`ve been a big believer of microfiber pads and I`ve always used them during heavy compounding jobs. But I absolutely hated working with the Meguiar`s microfiber pads because the pads get matted down very easily. (Not to mention how easy they fail). But even with these disadvantages, I still continued to use them because of how well they removed defects. But now, we have these BOSS microfiber pads which fixes the problems the Meguiar`s microfiber pads have! These BOSS pads also seem to be very durable! Now I know what I`m ordering next! I`m planning to get the 6 pack of each size and get all microfiber pads!! And did I mention, I LOVE THESE PADS!

Here are some after shots of the car I worked on using these BOSS Creams and pads:

Please check out my full detail write up on that 2013 BMW M5 here: Detailed: 2013 BMW M5 - Black Sapphire Metallic - HRE Wheels

Conclusion:

We are extremely lucky to have so many good choices when it comes to compounds, polishes and pads. There are some that work and some that don`t work. If you want to use something that WORKS, you have to give the BOSS creams and pads a shot. I promise you will NOT be disappointed. The Fast Correcting Cream and Correcting Cream both remove defects very easily and finish down very well. It`s very easy to use. Pairing it up with the BOSS pads makes it a pleasure to use. The pads are build extremely well and the low profile makes the BOSS polisher run smoothly. The color coding of the creams and pads make it easy to pick which pair to use.

This BOSS system is NO JOKE. Every single component of it works in harmony with the other. If you want a system that works in harmony and in synergy, you have to give these products a shot. These will now be my go-to compounds/polishes and pads.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes ShawnF350, craigdt, The Guz, mjlinane, Bunky and 8 others liked this post
    Thanks ShawnF350, The Guz, RMD, 392hemi thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griots Garage BOSS Creams and Pads

Wow- what a good in depth review. Good work.
    I really appreciate it, as I intend on moving to the Boss system soon.

2 follow up questions:
    So you`d say that the Griots MF pads are significantly better than the Meguiars offerings?

And what was your thoughts on the scent of the Fast Correct?
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Wow- what a good in depth review. Good work.
    I really appreciate it, as I intend on moving to the Boss system soon.

2 follow up questions:
    So you`d say that the Griots MF pads are significantly better than the Meguiars offerings?

And what was your thoughts on the scent of the Fast Correct?
    Thanks so much for the kind words. I appreciate it. Don`t wait - just get it. I promise you will not be disappointed.

From my experience, I`d buy these Griot`s BOSS microfiber pads over Meguiar`s in a heart beat. My Meguiar`s MF pads fail so fast - The backing separates very easily and I absolutely hate how the fibers get matted down. These BOSS microfiber pads seem to have very thick fibers and I think that`s probably the reason why the fibers don`t get matted down. I think these make cleaning it after each pass a lot easier.

I only had limited experience using the Fast Correcting Cream but if I remember correctly, it`s similar. I`ll smell them again and get back to you tomorrow.
    Thanks craigdt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT JOB ON THIS REVIEW!​ Thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    GREAT JOB ON THIS REVIEW!​ Thanks for posting!
    Thank you so much Oldfordisbetter. That means a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree about the MF pads as compared with the Meg`s ones. These are easier to keep clean while working, I don`t have an air compressor to blow out pads to clean on the fly and the Boss ones stayed usable longer with only a pad brush to clean them.

Great review!

(I did end up getting the BOSS, couldn`t pass it up. The kit with 5 pads, with the 15% off no exclusions sale last week, plus connect 10%, paid for with gift certicates purchased at $75 for $100 certificate, in net dollars I paid about $220 for the G15 and 5 pads).

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing review !!! Thanks for posting
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Even though you went with the less aggressive correcting cream for the most part, let`s not forget, even the fast correcting cream with a MF pad still finished LSP ready! Granted, that won`t happen on all paint systems, but that`s impressive for sure on any paint system(like this one).

FWIW, in my opinion, there isn`t ANY foam pad out there that will cut nearly as well as a properly primed MF pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review, Marc. Will have to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review, Mark!!!

Nice to see some more reviews and positive feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    Completely agree about the MF pads as compared with the Meg`s ones. These are easier to keep clean while working, I don`t have an air compressor to blow out pads to clean on the fly and the Boss ones stayed usable longer with only a pad brush to clean them.

Great review!

(I did end up getting the BOSS, couldn`t pass it up. The kit with 5 pads, with the 15% off no exclusions sale last week, plus connect 10%, paid for with gift certicates purchased at $75 for $100 certificate, in net dollars I paid about $220 for the G15 and 5 pads).
    Man that`s a very SWEET deal you got. You can`t go wrong with the G15 kit for $220. At least you now have the BOSS pads. I totally agree - the fibers staying upright makes it a lot easier to brush off. I also don`t have access to an air compressor so I use the pad conditioning brush to clean the pads on the fly.

Thanks a lot man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Amazing review !!! Thanks for posting
    Thank you so much Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Great review! Even though you went with the less aggressive correcting cream for the most part, let`s not forget, even the fast correcting cream with a MF pad still finished LSP ready! Granted, that won`t happen on all paint systems, but that`s impressive for sure on any paint system(like this one).

FWIW, in my opinion, there isn`t ANY foam pad out there that will cut nearly as well as a properly primed MF pad.
    Thank you, Brewins.

Yes you are correct, the fast correcting cream finished LSP ready as previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Fantastic review, Marc. Will have to try.
    Thanks a lot, Mike! I appreciate it.

You will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Excellent review, Mark!!!

Nice to see some more reviews and positive feedback.
    Thanks a lot Chad! I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Those MF boss pads sound GREAT until I saw the price tag... Too much for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome write up! I`ve been looking into these new creams and your results really show how good they are, thanks. But I`m a bit confused. I always thought the orange pad (well at least with LC pads) was an aggressive pad, but you say the MF pads cut better? When I first saw the pic of your MF pad, my first thought was that it would be used as a final finishing pad for wax/sealant. I would have never guessed it would be used for cutting. Learn something new every day...thanks for the great info!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang View Post
    Awesome write up! I`ve been looking into these new creams and your results really show how good they are, thanks. But I`m a bit confused. I always thought the orange pad (well at least with LC pads) was an aggressive pad, but you say the MF pads cut better? When I first saw the pic of your MF pad, my first thought was that it would be used as a final finishing pad for wax/sealant. I would have never guessed it would be used for cutting. Learn something new every day...thanks for the great info!
    Thank you so much, xspwrstang!

MF pads have more cut than foam pads when compared for the same purpose. For example, a MF cutting vs a foam cutting or a MF finishing vs a foam finishing. I think you got confused with the color. Black foam pads are generally used for final polishing or applying a layer of wax. But Griot`s Garage`s microfiber pads use black fibers so maybe that`s where the confusion came from.

Here`s the order of aggressiveness (from most to least) for Griot`s Garage BOSS pads:

1. Microfiber Pad
    2. White Foam Pad
    3. Orange Foam Pad
    4. Yellow Foam Pad
    5. Black Foam Pad

And what`s great about the BOSS system is each foam pad corresponds to a particular cream. Makes it a lot easier for the user to pick and choose which combination to start out your detail.
    Likes xspwrstang, RaskyR1, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks xspwrstang thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Marc08EX- Thanks for the great review, *so* informative and well-presented!

Nice to see Griot`s upping their game like this, they`ve come a *long* way just recently.
    Likes Marc08EX, felixthecat liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information