Post Thanks / Like

Carpro HydroFoam with foam gun

I`ve been itching to use this product and finally had a chance to do so since my current LSP has died during my last wash. Everyone has different methods of using hydrofoam but haven`t seen anyone use it out of a foam gun yet. I did have some help this time since I was washing with the sun out. I did not want hydrofoam to dry up and cause any streaks.

A few notes...
    I did not notice any scent when foaming.
    Lubricity was below average (this could be my fault, see later in review)
    No streaking when sprayed, mitted and rinsed quickly
    Enhanced gloss, beading, slickness (but not as good as regular hydro2)

I used 3oz of Hydrofoam to 30 oz of water inside the foam gun. I was worried this would not be enough as this is my first time using the foam gun and hydrofoam. I ENDED UP HAVING ENOUGH FOR 2 LARGE VEHICLES. Next time I will adjust my foam gun settings or use 1.5oz of hydrofoam.

I used setting "B" on my foam gun. It did produce a good amount of foam but I think next time I will increase it to "C" and see if it will lather up more for good lubricity. As stated before, I had enough to do 2 vehicles with 3oz worth on B, maybe it`ll use up the shampoo quicker on C.

A little video shown of how much foam was being produced and beading after. I was very surprised how this could happen from just a soap. I am very impressed and will continue to use this product when my LSP needs a boost. As you can see in the video, it was high noon and temp was around 70 degrees. No streaks that I could see after we were done, I did have some help. My buddy would foam the vehicle then I would mitt the section and he would rinse. No bucket was used because the vehicle was fairly clean and he would just rinse the mitt after every section.

I was very impressed on how it performed and ease of use. I will have to adjust the foam gun next time to see if it will increase lubricity. A+ product and will be purchasing again.
    Likes trashmanssd, Angus, cf2121 liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro HydroFoam with foam gun

Nice review. I have been impressed with all of Carpros latest products. They are making car maintenance a breeze. Sometimes I have a hard time believing it is so easy. If longetivity is at least 2 months the product is well worth the money.
    Likes trashmanssd, donbeezy liked this post

Thread Information