Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating Wolfgang Uber Ceramic

I`m really happy with the beading (first rainfall this morning)...

[/QUOTE]
    Likes The Guz, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

I haven`t gotten around to washing my SRT8 since I applied the WG Uber Ceramic Coating (two weeks ago) and the car has been punished by the weather - relentless rain storms, hail, 50mph subzero freezing rain, snow, frost, and fog/mist (everything but dry heat). This being my first year parking outdoors I must admit I took the underground parking for granted...

I`ve been taking pictures regularly (as I daily drive my SRT) below are the photos I`ve taken over the two weeks since I`ve applied the WG Uber Ceramic Coating.

Pictures:

These pictures were taken on 11-12-2015, 5 days after the coating was applied:

These pictures were taken on 11-13-2015, 6 days after applying the coating -Uber on the hood FK1000P on the side:

This is the yellow tree drippings that have been stripping LSP`s (or preventing beading) on the hood (pictures were taken on 11-13-2015, 6 days after applying the coating) -lets see how Uber holds up:

These pictures were taken on 11-19-2015, 12 days after applying the coating -Uber on top/hood FK1000P below/side panels:

These pictures were also taken on 11-19-2015, 12 days after applying the coating in different lighting -Uber on the hood FK1000P on the side:

Earlier that night (on 11-19-2015, 12 days after applying the coating) the beading really caught my eye -Uber on the hood FK1000P on the side 845 on the roof:

These pictures were taken this morning (11-25-2015, 18 days after applying the coating) on my way to work after not being washed for over two weeks. The rain has frozen to the LSP/paint due to the frigid 15f temperature:

For example here are the non-coated panels -845 on the roof, and FK1000P on the pillar -photo also taken this morning:

Post Thanks / Like

What`s your impression so far? Hard to get a read from those pics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    What`s your impression so far? Hard to get a read from those pics
    The beading seemed to fall off after the first week. I think it just needs a good wash to bring it back. The coated panel does seem to be slightly cleaner than the roof with 845 on it but compared to the side panels with FK1000p on them the roof and hood just look slightly dirtier. If you look closely at the photos above you`ll notice at first the beading was much better with the Uber coating than compared to 845 on the roof and only slightly better than FK1000P but as my SRT8 got dirtier the FK1000P came out on top when comparing the beading in the photos above. The problem is that the angle of the FK1000P coated panels are not the same as the hood, so that could have prevented as much road film build up and thus allowing them to bead better.

All and all it performs just like other LSP`s do on my hood, no beading after a week or more of not washing (due to the stuff that drips from the tree above and road film from daily driving).

It`s hard to gauge durability when the panels are dirty so I plan to give it a good wash tomorrow and give my full impressions with my next follow up. I`m interested to see how the coating held up against the frozen rain and sap/urine. If the full beading comes back like the first time it got wet I`ll consider it no loss in durability, only a wash will tell...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the beading didnt seem very impressive at all

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the follow up. Time for me to wash my Grand Prix GT that`s also coated with Uber. Hasn`t been touched since the initial application. Going to wash it this weekend after I get the new rubber installed tomorrow.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Yeah the beading didnt seem very impressive at all
    The beading is impressive while it`s clean but once the coating gets a bit dirty the beads tend to get larger.

Check out my update below this post to see how well it still beads...

Post Thanks / Like

Update - WG Uber applied 2 months ago

This panel is a mixed bag and performs above average. It stayed clean for the first week (after a wash) and looked good on the first few drives in bad weather. This panel gets a little less spray because of the way the air flows over the hood but the leading edge gets hammered. Snow and mud tends to get flung onto the hood when letting the SRT8 rip in the snow. Road grime only accumulated on the leading edge shortly after the first storm. The beading and sheeting exhibited by this panel never tapers off it just changes as the panel gets more surface contaminants.

After a 2 bucket wash the panel was looking perfect. I didn’t notice any marring or scratches on the panel. As you can see in the photos below this panel beads water very nicely once washed.

Note: there has been 0 loss of durability and still beads water as good as ever after a good two bucket wash. For the wash I used one oz of Meg`s Hyper Wash in three gallons of water without any toppers or drying aids.

After a quick dry the panel reflects like glass. Even compared to the neighboring panels it’s more reflective.

Here’s a video I took while rising this panel off during the wash one month after application. I meant to follow up with a clean panel beading video but the battery died…

All and all it Uber is holding up like all the coating promises I`ve read, although I find it gets dirty faster than my top performing sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

1 Year quick update - The coating continues to perform spectacularly. Beading and sheeting are still fantastic and the paint still looks pristine (under bright light inspection). I couldn`t be happier with the move to a ceramic coating. It`s made my life a lot easier (quicker maintenance washes).

Over the last year I`ve been doing RW (with Uber & eagle edgeless towels) every 2-3 weeks and a 2-bucket wash every 2 months (with reset & merino wash mitt). I haven`t applied any "toppers" other than using Uber RW as a drying aid on my drying towels (platinum pluffle towels).

I`ll follow up with some pictures (hosted else where than photobucket) this weekend once my order of reset arrives.
    Thanks Tc99m, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information