Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep

Hi everyone! Before I start I just want to thank the whole PBMG staff for always trying to create new and innovative products for the detailing market. Also I would like to thank Nick for letting me be a test dummy on this product through it`s development!

Being chosen to test out the new Wolfgang Uber ceramic coating and all of the new products that have been released couldn`t have come at a better time. I just picked up a new to me 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. One owner, 70k miles white with black leather. Although the car was in nice shape we all know how us detailers are with fresh meat sitting in the driveway!!!

Luckily I didn`t have to wait as I just picked up the box of goodies at Autogeek headquarters on my way home one night. Being that I don`t currently have a garage to work also posed a bit of a challenge with the outside elements but was a good test to the user friendliness of these products.

I am not going to show the complete detail as I just want to focus on the product review itself. But here is the car before work began.

Some in process shots of the Iron-x going to town on this white paint.

I started early in the morning (7am) so I could get the car washed and decon`d and hopefully get the polishing done by the time the sun peered over the garage!
    After a very aggressive wash and decon I polished the paint with my G21, 5 inch fast correcting pad and the BOSS Fast Correcting Cream. It worked like a charm and got the paint in nice shape in preparation for the coating. By the time I was ready to use the paint prep the sun was just starting to hit the driver side of the car. So I decided to just keep going and see how the products would fair.

Tough to see but here is a 50/50 of the roof.

Before Polishing.

After polishing.

After polishing it was time to give the paint a good wipe down using the new Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep. See link below.

Wolfgang Perfekt Finish Paint Prep

Just as stated I found this product to work really well. It also has a very pleasant sent too! Just a few mists on the panel and a wipe off with a clean microfiber was all that`s need. Compared to the Blackfire Crystal coat paint prep I found this to be a tiny bit easier to use. Not by much though. Even in the sun it worked nice. Now I wouldn`t go using this on a black car in direct sun at high noon but on this white paint it worked very well. Just be mindful of the temperature of the surface.

FInally it was time to use the new Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating. See link below.

Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

I was supplied with a 15cc syringe and a couple of tips. I didn`t receive the instruction card but Nick and I talked in person about how to apply and remove. For my application I used a yellow Lake Country foam applicator. After attaching the blue tip I applied a small bead on each edge of the applicator to ensure that the coating would go on smoothly.

Application was a BREEZE!!! This product goes on effortlessly and a little goes a very long way!!! Being that the driver side was in the sun by this time I waited about 20-30 sec before removal instead of the suggested time. It still wiped of very easy using a supreme 530 microfiber and upon curing I was greeted with a glassy slick surface. Even on this white paint I was stunned to see how it looked afterwards!

Now when Nick told me that this product was safe for glass and wheels too I was very eager to try it on my glass. I waited until the next morning when the glass would be cool to the touch to apply the coating. I prepped the glass using the new Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass polish the day before(Review to come on that). Then applied the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating in the same manner as I did the paint. In fact I even went a little heavy to see if it would effect wipe off. It went on easy and after waiting about 30-45 seconds it wiped off with ease!

Product starting to flash.

After wipe off

After another day I had to take a video of the water beading action! Can`t wait to test the durability of this coating.

[/URL]This was the first time I have coated a car outside. Now granted it was a white car and it wasn`t 100deg outside but non the less I was still impressed at how user friendly it was to apply and remove. In total between the glass and paint I used about 6cc(3-4cc on the paint and 1-2cc on the glass) If there are any questions please feel free to chime in and I will do my best to answer them for everyone!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Ronkh, Marc08EX, tropicsteve, The Guz, Stokdgs and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, Marc08EX, GearHead_1, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep

Great review Justin!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

looks great on the white!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like great stuff. Being a WG product, that is no surprise- I love the whole line.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work!

I was really curious about the syringe it comes in looking a lot like Optimum GC and OC 2.0. So I asked Mike Phillips about it on Facebook and he told me it is a completely different technology than the Optimum stuff and it isn`t manufactured from them either. Anyhow, good information if anyone else is curious.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Excellent work!

I was really curious about the syringe it comes in looking a lot like Optimum GC and OC 2.0. So I asked Mike Phillips about it on Facebook and he told me it is a completely different technology than the Optimum stuff and it isn`t manufactured from them either. Anyhow, good information if anyone else is curious.
    Good question. Nick goes into further details here. Scroll down and see Nick answer this very question.

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Justin. Can`t wait to give mine a try. Just need to find a car to try it on
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Good question. Nick goes into further details here. Scroll down and see Nick answer this very question.

PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum
    Thank you for posting that. It is great to see them being open about it and not leaving anything to speculation. Makes me want to give it a try.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

In total between the glass and paint I used about 6cc (3-4cc on the paint and 1-2cc on the glass).
    Great review!

What`s the expected "shelf life" of the remaining product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review Justin!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    looks great on the white!
    I couldn`t believe it myself. Granted this was the first white car I have coated but I was amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Sounds like great stuff. Being a WG product, that is no surprise- I love the whole line.
    Couldn`t agree more! Definitely a great line up

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Justin. Can`t wait to give mine a try. Just need to find a car to try it on
    Thank you sir! Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Thank you for posting that. It is great to see them being open about it and not leaving anything to speculation. Makes me want to give it a try.
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Great review!

What`s the expected "shelf life" of the remaining product?
    Thank you. According to Nick after opening he recommends the remaining product be used within 18 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that`s a great write up. Excellent results.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

According to Nick after opening he recommends the remaining product be used within 18 months.
    Thanks for the update!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Man, that`s a great write up. Excellent results.
    Thank you. I couldn`t agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    Thanks for the update!
    No problem. Glad to help out.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see your write up on here as well. Looks like a great coating.

I forgot to ask if you have any other plans for the car other than removing the badges.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice to see your write up on here as well. Looks like a great coating.

I forgot to ask if you have any other plans for the car other than removing the badges.
    No problem. Doesn`t hurt to share information with everyone!

As for the GP, I will really be leaving it stock. As much as I want to order a bunch of stuff from INTENSE RACING I already have one fast car! If the transmissions in these were a little more durable I would think about some goodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information