Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Surgical Huck Towels.

Where is a good place to get these type of towels? I did a Google search and the top result was Erie Cotton. Any body order from these people before? I would prefer to buy locally but I can`t find these in stores anywhere.

These are what I`m referring to http://www.eriecotton.com/Surgical-H...ack-p-775.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surgical Huck Towels.

If you have a janitorial supply place in your area you may be able to find them there. I used them years ago and would get mine that way. I stopped using them once I switched to MF though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PhaRO
    If you have a janitorial supply place in your area you may be able to find them there. I used them years ago and would get mine that way. I stopped using them once I switched to MF though.

How were they on windows? I have been less than satisfied lately with everything I have used on windows. Even the waffle weave MF window towels leave some lint if you look in the right light. I hear these huck towels are very good for windows.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them in my old shop before. If you wash them seperatly, you will never see lint. I almost baught from the same place a few months back. They last forever too.
    Superior Detailing

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I pick mine up by the dozen at a local janitorial supply.

I prefer them for windows, both automotive and home to any other product. It is easy to identify your glass towels this way. I do wash them with my MF drying (WW) and QD towels w/o a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    How were they on windows? I have been less than satisfied lately with everything I have used on windows. Even the waffle weave MF window towels leave some lint if you look in the right light. I hear these huck towels are very good for windows.
    Windows where always a problem for me until I went to Stoners Invisible glass cleaner....and PB plush blue towels...I have not had a single problem since....The process that I use is....spray window use one towel to spread out the products and cover the whole window then buff dry with another...no streaks
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Where is a good place to get these type of towels? I did a Google search and the top result was Erie Cotton. Any body order from these people before? I would prefer to buy locally but I can`t find these in stores anywhere.

These are what I`m referring to http://www.eriecotton.com/Surgical-H...ack-p-775.html
    I have never ordered from the company you listed. I have however purchased those same towels from http://www.carwashtowels.com/5.htm.

It`s been a long time but they do have very good customer service. Their MF are also very good. I`ve had some for years and they have held up very well.

Hope this info helps.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

More towels from a company that advertises in Carwash Mag.

http://www.towelsbydrjoe.com/enter_index.html

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

uflraptor

Well, looks as if you beat me to this. Did not know of the two domain names.

Never mind!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Windows where always a problem for me until I went to Stoners Invisible glass cleaner....and PB plush blue towels...I have not had a single problem since....The process that I use is....spray window use one towel to spread out the products and cover the whole window then buff dry with another...no streaks

Streaks are not the problem for me lint is. Doesn`t matter what towel I use or how I wash they all seem to lint on the windows. Even waffle weaves will leave some lint for me.

The thing is that when I do windows I will apply much more pressure when buffing than I ever would on paint. So towels that don`t lint on paint do on windows for me. I am not talking major lint like a cheap towel would leave. You have to look for it and the light has to be right. I am just being anal and trying to get that extra 5% on glass. I think those huck towels might be the answer.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.detailnet.com/shop/custom...&cat=34&page=1

These are my favorite towels for windows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    http://www.detailnet.com/shop/custom...&cat=34&page=1

These are my favorite towels for windows.
    From the picture they look very similar to the huck towels.

I going to have to order on line. They don`t seem to be available locally here in Canada. Maybe I`m not looking in the right places.

Post Thanks / Like

I going to have to order on line. They don`t seem to be available locally here in Canada. Maybe I`m not looking in the right places.
    Do you have a friend or relative that works at a hospital? My brother works at a hospital here, and although they don`t call them "surgical huck towels", he gets me a big bag of towels every so often that look just like what you are wanting. The best thing is, they don`t cost me anything. They work nice for cleaning windows as well as all other types of stuff you might not want to waste a good towel trying to do.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    Do you have a friend or relative that works at a hospital? My brother works at a hospital here, and although they don`t call them "surgical huck towels", he gets me a big bag of towels every so often that look just like what you are wanting. The best thing is, they don`t cost me anything. They work nice for cleaning windows as well as all other types of stuff you might not want to waste a good towel trying to do.
    No I don`t know any body that works in a hospital.

I have phoned all the janitorial supply places listed in the phone book around here. They don`t even know what a huck towel is. I explain and they say they don`t sell them.

Called the medical supply places to but they say the same thing.

One place I talked to and described what I was looking for said the closet thing they sell to what I was describing is a bar towel. This is apparently the kind of towel they use in bars for whatever. Is this similar to a huck towel? Maybe it`s the same thing but they call it a different name. No one around here has even heard the term huck towel.

Post Thanks / Like

No one around here has even heard the term huck towel.
    That`s what I got when I asked my brother about a huck towel. He just brought home a lot of different towels/rags/etc. and I showed him the one I was talking about.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information