Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gloss Shop

Post Thanks / Like

The Gloss Shop

Hey there guys, my name is Jim and I`ve been a long time lurker here. Spending the previous 9 years keeping my 2006 Cobalt SS looking brand new thanks to all of the information and knowledge I`ve learned on this forum. Recently (like a little more than a month ago) I took delivery of a 2016 Subaru WRX limited in crsytal black silica. So of course my passion for keeping a clean car only grew stronger. I live in Pittsburgh and I have the great pleasure of having a store that sells high end detailing products very close to my home. The name is Autoality and some may have heard of it before. The owner is a nice guy and stocks a lot of great stuff. Several weeks ago I made a trip there in search of a good quick detailer to use as a drying aid/water spot remover for after washes that would provide great slickness and gloss. I was introduced to a product called The Gloss Shop Detail Spray. It is made by a guy in West Virginia I was told. Immediately upon the first spray and wipe I knew this was one heck of a product. I was thrilled at the results and thought i should share it with all of you. Now I`ve never even attempted to create a thread on here anything as long as this, or post any pictures for that matter so please bear with me. I thought this would be a great time to try as I`ve never seen mention of it on here before. All pictures were taken with a smartphone so quality is not the best.

Now I have owned many quick detailers in the past. From Megs UQD and countless other Chemical Guys products to ONR. This stuff really seems to stand out. I bought it originally in 16 oz bottle and went back and bought a gallon for 39.99. Not sure how price compares because I`ve never bought any QD in gallon size. The 16 oz bottle was very good quality with a good sprayer just like a QD should. Application is a breeze as it leaves zero streaking and the surface is extremely slick and glossy. The microfiber really just glides across the surface. I cant tell if it smells like bananas or bubble gum but whatever it is it smells good. It does a great job with any left over water spots after a wash. I`m sure it would also work well as a clay lube or even waterless wash. A little goes a long way, just a couple sprays on each panel is all that is needed. My car was washed yesterday with 3D pink car soap. It is also wearing Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Natty`s Red. It was wiped down after yesterdays wash and again this morning with TGSDS to remove dust. So on to the pictures...

Reflections on the hood are very deep and wet looking.

Excuse that bottle of UWWP, thats for that Frontier in the background.

Metallic Flake in the sun. Still getting used to that because it almost looks like dust to me sometimes lol.

I couldn`t seem to find a website for the company but I know you can find it. Anybody looking for a great pure quick detailer should definitely give it a try. Thanks to everyone who read this post. Any comments on the quality of my thread would be appreciated. Maybe I will try another one in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Gloss Shop

for you guys on Facebook, Richard Wright is the owner of the Gloss Shop
    Robert DiTerlizzi
    Impressions fine automotive detailing
    7782 SW Jack James Dr
    Stuart, Fl. 34997
    772-260-6636
    Making Martin County shine - one car at a time
    Likes mikenap liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Robert for that information.
    Likes Robert DiTerlizzi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Richard is a real great guy, awesome detailer and has spent years coming up with the perfect detail spray!
    Robert DiTerlizzi
    7782 SW Jack James Dr
    Stuart, Fl. 34997
    772-260-6636
    Likes rwright liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome car you got there and nice write up. Looks like some good stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

sapphire black metallic ?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t mean to be the "dork" here, but isn`t posting Autopia`s competitors` stuff a no-no?
    By the way, nice ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The Gloss Shop

I think that`s more of an Autogeek thing. This thread would`ve been black holed before even getting any replies

I don`t know how others feel but personally I wouldn`t spend that kind of money on a product that I know I`ll use a lot of (mostly waterless washes) unless it came in concentrate. For example, D114 which can be diluted to make 128 gallons of QD. Otherwise you`re just paying for water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    I don`t mean to be the "dork" here, but isn`t posting Autopia`s competitors` stuff a no-no?
    By the way, nice ride.
    Thanks. I hope I`m not breaking any forum rules. Wasn`t trying to step on anyones toes. Just wanted to introduce a good product that maybe some haven`t heard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    sapphire black metallic ?
    Crystal Black Silica.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks for the review! I can`t say with 100% certainty but I think this might be the first official review. I truly, truly appreciate the feedback! And thanks to Robert for the info! As he mentioned, we spent about 2 years on the whole project prior to release. Tons of testing went into this along with several formula modifications. Thankfully my chemist was patient with me. The fragrance is along the lines of bubble gum, more or less juicy fruit.

In regards to the price, yes it is higher when compared to concentrates or colored water detailers. We put a lot of money into this product and I honestly feel it shows. We wanted it to feel premium from the thicker labels, to the sprayer (not cheap), to the chemical composition. No corners were cut. This is not a mass produced product, this is not a simple relabel, and this is not your average quick detailer.

The website/store is active but a work in progress. Please be patient as we work on design and SEO.

If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I think that`s more of an Autogeek thing. This thread would`ve been black holed before even getting any replies

I don`t know how others feel but personally I wouldn`t spend that kind of money on a product that I know I`ll use a lot of (mostly waterless washes) unless it came in concentrate. For example, D114 which can be diluted to make 128 gallons of QD. Otherwise you`re just paying for water.
    I don`t mind paying for a product that I know I like and will last a long time. Goodness, what would I ever do with 128 gallons of QD? I`m a weekend warrior type.
    Likes XxBoostinxX, RMD liked this post
    Thanks XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Wow! Thanks for the review! I can`t say with 100% certainty but I think this might be the first official review. I truly, truly appreciate the feedback! And thanks to Robert for the info! As he mentioned, we spent about 2 years on the whole project prior to release. Tons of testing went into this along with several formula modifications. Thankfully my chemist was patient with me. The fragrance is along the lines of bubble gum, more or less juicy fruit.

In regards to the price, yes it is higher when compared to concentrates or colored water detailers. We put a lot of money into this product and I honestly feel it shows. We wanted it to feel premium from the thicker labels, to the sprayer (not cheap), to the chemical composition. No corners were cut. This is not a mass produced product, this is not a simple relabel, and this is not your average quick detailer.

The website/store is active but a work in progress. Please be patient as we work on design and SEO.

If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richard, you got yourself a great product. It was exactly what I was looking for in a detail spray. Thanks for making it!
    Likes rwright, Robert DiTerlizzi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 06vrss View Post
    Richard, you got yourself a great product. It was exactly what I was looking for in a detail spray. Thanks for making it!
    Again, thank you very much! If you ever have any questions, please don`t hesitate to contact me.
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Robert DiTerlizzi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! Looks like a great product.

In regards to the posting of products not offered by ACC. I think Ray and the gang likes to see products they could possibly offer in the future. Remember they might be affiliated with PBMG, but Ray has repeatedly said they are a different company.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, still learning the rules around here!
    Something about teaching an old dog new tricks........
    Robert DiTerlizzi
    7782 SW Jack James Dr
    Stuart, Fl. 34997
    772-260-6636

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information