Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

Now that title is a mouth full.

So I took some time this weekend to clean up my Daily Driver. If you recall I installed the PA Viking Coat 6/15/15 and have been keeping you posted.

I am posting a series of Videos showing the performance of the product after my wash as well as some finished pictures after drying the car with a master blaster and using the Polish Angel White Alabaster as a final drying aid/LSP topper. I used a PA Glisante wash for this particular wash. I liked the product, it smelled good, cleaned well, the foam lasted through the wash and it had good Lubricity.

The Polish Angel Products are all Excellent. And by Excellent, they all work well and are easy to use. The Viking coat was easy to apply, looked great. The Super Sport works great on rims and really makes them Pop (see Pic below) I usually clean my rims with soap and water and the Super Sport can handle that, but using Sonax Wheel Cleaner plus like I did this time strips it and then requires a re application. The Carnuba Arts White Alabaster really brings out the glow of the finish and restores the beading for a few weeks (1- 3). The PA Engine cleans under the hood and leaves a nice matte sheen. The Bella Clean and Charisma are an excellent 1/2 punch for interior leather. I love the performance and smell of these 2 winning products. The Palladium really makes the exhaust on my cars look amazing- another best I have used product for this application. What`s great about these Polish Angel Products is that a little goes a long way-makes the prices more tolerable.

Here are the final Shots once the above process was completed:

Super Sport Making the rims look their best.

Some from Later when the sun was going down:

Now that you have seen the results of the Polish Angel Products and some hard work I will tell you MY personal opinion of the products. If this was a show car, or a garage queen it would be perfect and I would be 100% satisfied. This is my daily driver that takes a pounding. The performance of the Viking coat tailed off too fast for me. You could boost the beading with the White Alabaster spray but that was also short lived and I don`t want to be forced to do that after every wash. Although the finish looks amazing, and seems to be mar resistant, the effort to wash the surface soil off is higher than with other coatings that seem to release the dirt more effectively. The Viking Coat looks like a high quality Nuba, and acts like one in the manner it holds the surface soil. I noticed this even before I used the White Alabaster for the first time. I am conflicted because the Polish Angel Viking Coat looks the best of all the coating products I have tried, it`s just not durable enough for me. It reminds me of the P21S 100% carnuba wax I used years ago. Three months post application and the Viking Coat is already substantially lost is beading, and dirt sheading BUT it still looks drop dead amazing. I am not sure if I will re coat before winter with something else or just let it run and see what happens. All I know if I won`t be spray waxing my car in the freezing cold. I wouild like to see if PA Cosmic last any better? I local friend had it on his white Audi and it looks fantastic.

Summary-
    Great for the person who loves the Nuba look, wants to play with their finish (topping it) or has a low exposure to elements, garage queen and wants an out of this world appearance. This is a car show winning finish for sure. The white Alabaster adds a lot of wetness, shine and flake pop like no other.

It looks like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth and that is because I so want to love this product and for the right application it would be great. But for my DD-Not so much.

Click on small pics below for Post wash and Pre White Alabaster Topper videos:

Roof

Rear 1/4 Panel

Trunk Lid

Thanks for reading this long winded review. I will follow up as time goes on if I see anything special to report.
    Likes mnehls86, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

Well it LOOKS incredible. Really disappointing that it`s failing so fast.

I`m gonna hate myself for this, but try washing it with reset and see what happens.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JSFM35X, mnehls86 liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat over Escalate topped with PA Carnuba Arts White Alabaster Follow Up

I will try that this weekend to see what happens. I cant really see how it got so clogged up so fast, but its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Well it LOOKS incredible. Really disappointing that it`s failing so fast.

I`m gonna hate myself for this, but try washing it with reset and see what happens.
    Likes Ronkh, mg031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates. Viking Coat really does look incredible. I have some Viking spritz and will try some this coming weekend. Both on top of viking coat and by itself and see how that goes.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up and the car looks great!
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy with the look but not the required topper every few weeks and the extra effort to wash.

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Thanks for the updates. Viking Coat really does look incredible. I have some Viking spritz and will try some this coming weekend. Both on top of viking coat and by itself and see how that goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I wonder if this look is attainable form a real coating? It looks so good but does not last. I will wash it with Reset and see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Nice write up and the car looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

man, that white has a nice glow to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I do love the look. I just need more durability.

If this was a show car, no doubt it would be wearing this coating and topper.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Wax View Post
    man, that white has a nice glow to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure you guys actually saw this? I mean my wild west post got 43 responses in less than 24 hrs.

Just sayin
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Came back to say the tires in this picture are totally dry and that the tire coating from Gyeon is really excellent. Still looks good a week later.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that Gyeon Tire a coating or a dressing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    It looks like it is just a dressing, but it claims 5 washes of durability.

Q

This video looks promising.
    http://www.gyeonquartz.com/uploads/p...ire_done_1.mp4
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

You know that is an excellent question.

It was sold me to on the basis that it is a coating for tires. Now that I go back an read about it, they call it a dressing. It lasts almost as long at GTECH T1. Which sadly nobody carries in the USA anymore.

I liked the pearl, SV Pneu and bold and bright for looks but it did not last, nor did the opti bond and when I say it did not last it lasted as long as the other market products on the market.

Here is the internet marketing on the GFyeon tire:

Gyeon Q2 Tire is a uniquely formulated SiO2 tyre dressing that unlike most tyre dressings, it embeds to the tyre’s surface and actually bonds to the rubber at a molecular level. This allows a more uniform finish, and minimises the risk of sling onto the car and will repel dirt and water.

Q2 Tire Gel will leave your tyres with a true deep semi-gloss finish that is not only offers UV protection but is also extremely durable; in fact results show up to a month or 5 washes before reapplication was required.

For best results:

Ensure tyres are cleaned thoroughly and dry before application. Use a small amount of Q2 Tire on a soft foam tyre applicator, and apply gently and evenly over your tyres. For a glossier finish, apply second coat within 10 minutes.

Please note; This product does not come with a trigger as pictured!

Note that discounts do not apply to this product

Size: 400ml

I like the look and it lasts longer thn others I have tried. Always looking for the best in each class. This is expensive, but a little goes a long way, looks great IMO, and wont sling when applied thin. Usually apply 2 coats and if its too shiny for my taste I knock it down with a MF towel. Depends on my mood at the time. Scrubs off easily with a APC and a stiff brush when I want it off.

The Gyeon like the T1 is not a several month coating but a week to two weeks depending in weather and environmental factors.

Gyeon Tire Smells great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Thread Information