Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - As drying aid

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I have recently used this and like everyone said, the beading is so SICK!!! It acts like a spray sealant to be honest.

I use it like a spray wax and apply it after drying the car off. I haven`t tried it while the car is wet - I`m afraid it`s diluting the product.

BTW - nice review Ron!

I`ve also used it as a QD/spray sealant. Really is great stuff. It is a touch harder to use as a qd/spray detailer, but results count !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Old thread resurrection. Over on UKs Detailing World Forum BSD seems to be the number one QD. They talk of it with great reverence. They also mix BSD 50/50 with a few different products, one of the being CG V07. I always liked V07. It made the paint slick and glossy, but it didn’t last very long for a “sealant”. So quit using it. I still have almost a full gallon of V07 and I was wondering if anyone here had ever mixed BSD with anything to make it easier to apply?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Old thread resurrection. Over on UKs Detailing World Forum BSD seems to be the number one QD. They talk of it with great reverence. They also mix BSD 50/50 with a few different products, one of the being CG V07. I always liked V07. It made the paint slick and glossy, but it didn’t last very long for a “sealant”. So quit using it. I still have almost a full gallon of V07 and I was wondering if anyone here had ever mixed BSD with anything to make it easier to apply?
    Gotta help with the slickness.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That’s what I was thinking and it gets so much love in the U.K. Of course they are still very big on waxes and really haven’t taken very well to coatings, yet.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s what I was thinking and it gets so much love in the U.K. Of course they are still very big on waxes and really haven’t taken very well to coatings, yet.
    BSD works great on both wax and coatings, so no worries.

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never thought it would be a great idea to start mixing different products together, as I didn’t want to play junior chemist...

But you are right, they DO mix BSD with a number of different QDs over in Europe. V07 and BSD does seem to be a favorite. Have never read anything about that combo being harmful, so if you’ve got a gallon of V07 to use up I’d say go for it and share how it works out for you!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the V07 BSD mix at 50/50 and it`s great. It applies easy, it`s good for maintenance boosting and it does leave a strong water behavior behind. There are probably more cost effective products to mix BSD with to get similar results but I`ve always been a fan of how V07 looks and feels (and smells)! It will lose that strong water behavior faster than straight BSD which is expected, but if you`re boosting on a good sealant or coating then you won`t really notice this.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use BSD in a flairosol spray bottle when useing it as a drying aid. And even sometimes when dry applyied it. This bottle makes it alot easier to use BSD that ways. If useing the original spray bottle I always spray it on the mf towel and spread it out. With a really high gsm mf towel to buff it I don`t feel the draging so much. Last summer I got 8 weeks before it began to lose it`s aggressive water behavior. Did a couple of prewash foam followed by 2bm wash with carpro reset. And between them just the prewash foam to get pollen and loose dirt off. It`s a very strong QD product and a top notch product from Sonax.

Could be fun to test mixing different products with it. Would be intresting to see how it works with a 50/50 mix with Ech2o QD dilution strength Or my favorite QD product Angelwax QED to amp up the sheeting ability from the BSD.

The V07 I have read many likes as a drying aid or topper on Menzerna Power Lock.

Post Thanks / Like

I always have a bottle of bds mixed with Adams quick detail spray. Love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information