Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot`s Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post
    You should start your own separate thread on the "Beast" and "Katana" Plates by Kamikaze so we can continue this discussion without getting off topic from the original post.
    Noted, If you would like to clean up this thread by all means please do so.

Thanks Vega.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot`s Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

I just got it, I love it. I used the rupes, didnt do it for me

Plus, the GG21 saves me money by being cheaper
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    I will tell you one thing, for those worried about "bogging" of the Rupes (I don`t have this issue with the Rupes even on the stock BP)... I`m not claiming this BP will stop that "issue" for you but it makes the polisher even more easier to control and a lot less likely to "stall" for inexperienced users.
    With good technique, it`s hard to bog down or stall the Rupes. I tried my best to make them stall in my review but that only happens when the pad is not flat on the surface you`re polishing. I think that the Rupes stalling is not the machine`s fault but more of the user`s. Adjusting one`s technique will help alleviate this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    Back on topic. I apologize Marc, I didn`t want to take away from your review!
    No worries at all!!! Hey, I`m the one who asked. I`m sure it`ll help a lot of people. Thank you so much for your response.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team
    Likes jsou liked this post
    Thanks jsou thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    With good technique, it`s hard to bog down or stall the Rupes. I tried my best to make them stall in my review but that only happens when the pad is not flat on the surface you`re polishing. I think that the Rupes stalling is not the machine`s fault but more of the user`s. Adjusting one`s technique will help alleviate this problem.
    Totally agree. What I have noticed on curved panels is if it begins to bog down you have to find a sweet spot with it. Usually you either have to tilt the polisher upwards or downwards and it easily begins to spin again.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I do want to point out that I didn`t feel or hear and difference in speed or motor output when I changed the speed dial from 4.5 to 6 on theG21. I`m not sure if it`s like that or mine was a defect.
    Marc, I noticed the same thing with my G21. It doesn`t seem to change anything when going above speed 4.5 (sound and pad oscillation appear to remain the same). It definitely doesn`t seem right...

Anyone else notice this?
    Likes The Driver, Marc08EX liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griots Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

Me as well, that said the g21 definitely does not stall like the rupes on certain dips like most Mercedes hoods between the headlight lines. I use the g21 for 6 inch an the rupes 21 for 5 inch.
    Likes Marc08EX, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Marc, I noticed the same thing with my G21. It doesn`t seem to change anything when going above speed 4.5 (sound and pad oscillation appear to remain the same). It definitely doesn`t seem right...

Anyone else notice this?
    My test mule G21 is like that but the additional G21 I recently bought changes speeds above 4.5 as does my test mule G15. Maybe contact Griot`s. It really hasn`t bother me I guess because I`m usually on speed 3.5-4
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information