Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot`s Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I actually suggested the gap be fixed into the design rather then needed a washer at all, but being this tool targets both consumers and pros they didn`t want that. I also suggested it be called the KBM washer. I did give credit to the man in my video review.
    I`m waiting for our GG21 to come in, but I`ve read that the washer in the kit is too thin. Will the Griot take an 8mm metric washer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot`s Garage Boss 21 Long Throw Polisher - Comparison To Rupes 21ES

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I`m waiting for our GG21 to come in, but I`ve read that the washer in the kit is too thin. Will the Griot take an 8mm metric washer?
    Yeah, I think there is some slight variation in shroud gap between tools. A few users have said the washer is too thin and other said it was fine. My tools never came with washers so I just made my own and took one from my Rupes LHR15 machine. I don`t know the actual size though, sorry. I`d say wait and see when you get your tool and go from there.
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m surprised at the negativity by some.

Simple - They built a better mouse trap !!!

You see it every day in life, from stores to cars...........

You didn`t invent detailing, you try to do it better. It would be like comparing the swirl-o-matic 79.95 detail to what most autopians do.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1, The Guz, Marc08EX, Mp0wer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m surprised at the negativity by some.

Simple - They built a better mouse trap !!!

You see it every day in life, from stores to cars...........

You didn`t invent detailing, you try to do it better. It would be like comparing the swirl-o-matic 79.95 detail to what most autopians do.
    Isn`t this why we have patent laws? But it doesn`t apply to the Chinese.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Yeah, I think there is some slight variation in shroud gap between tools. A few users have said the washer is too thin and other said it was fine. My tools never came with washers so I just made my own and took one from my Rupes LHR15 machine. I don`t know the actual size though, sorry. I`d say wait and see when you get your tool and go from there.
    The washer on my G15 is just fine--full free spin once installed.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t this why we have patent laws? But it doesn`t apply to the Chinese.
    Does if it comes into the US
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does if it comes into the US
    They would go after the distributor or retailer, but not the manufacture (China).

Post Thanks / Like

They would go after the distributor or retailer, but not the manufacture (China).
    yep

but essentially with no buyer "distributer/retailer", no end market. manufacturer dies

Post Thanks / Like

yep

but essentially with no buyer "distributer/retailer", no end market. manufacturer dies
    True, but by the time the FTC get to them, profits have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a dog in this fight.

I just wanted to say that this product should be judged on it`s merits. Not where people think they know where it got it`s idea from.

And from what I read from imho pretty trusted sources, they built a better mouse trap
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a dog in this fight.

I just wanted to say that this product should be judged on it`s merits. Not where people think they know where it got it`s idea from.

And from what I read from imho pretty trusted sources, they built a better mouse trap
    I agree and based on respected reviews from guy`s like Rasky and a great review by the op, we have both the GG15 and GG21 coming in this week.
    Likes Ronkh, RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree and based on respected reviews from guy`s like Rasky and a great review by the op, we have both the GG15 and GG21 coming in this week.
    Cool !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by griot`s garage View Post
    it does it has the same warranty as our 6" has just with the added 2-year warranty which includes normal wear and tear (even if its used daily by a professional).
    exactly !!!!
    Bryan
    Mr. Sparkle Detailing Inc - Owner / Operator
    http://www.mrsparkledetailing.com
    Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice comparison. I am glad I am not in the market for a long throw polisher. It would be really hard to choose between the two. I love my Rupes 21es, but the lifetime warranty would be hard to turn down.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Marc, If I could make one request...

Would you be able to test if the GG21 BP "fits" on the LHR21 and vice versa? Just curious and would like to see if it would work.

I`ll paypal you for your troubles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information