Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

3D HD Odor Eliminator

I just got back from my cruise trip to the Bahamas and I found a little surprise in my car that has been sitting in there for a little over a week... Left over food from going out to eat with my brother. I didn`t take a picture of the food because it was absolutely disgusting and the smell was horrendous and I didn`t want to gross anyone out, but I can tell you that it was one of the worst smells I have ever had in a car. I thought to myself, now this would be a great time to try out the 3D HD Odor Eliminator, so that`s what I did:

When I set the Odor Eliminator off it had a strong spray that lasted for about 15 minutes, and then kept trickling out for awhile after. I actually decided to go back inside to let it finish, since it was taking too long to stop spraying. I left it in the car for around 4 hours. When I got back and opened the door, I got a blast of new car scent, and the spoiled food smell was completely gone! I rolled down the windows and drove around to let the car air out since it was a little strong. I have used a couple other odor bombs, but I have to say this one is one of my favorites. I get compliments every time I pick up a friend, they say "Wow! It smells great in here!!"

Products used:
    3D HD Odor Eliminator
    Likes The Guz, Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl, Ben@3D, GearHead_1 and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D HD Odor Eliminator

Glad that worked out for you Jesse. For me, I can`t do the "new car scent". It literally makes me sick to my stomach. I got a new car a couple of weeks ago and I`ve been chasing that scent out ever since. Sprayed, leather scent and vanilla scent. Have hung a vanilla Christmas tree. All the new materials are outgassing and it is very strong. Truth is I`m probably just a bit overly sensitive to it. Actually thinking about getting a scent bomb to get rid of the new car smell.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Glad that worked out for you Jesse. For me, I can`t do the "new car scent". It literally makes me sick to my stomach. I got a new car a couple of weeks ago and I`ve been chasing that scent out ever since. Sprayed, leather scent and vanilla scent. Have hung a vanilla Christmas tree. All the new materials are outgassing and it is very strong. Truth is I`m probably just a b it overly sensitive to it. Actually thinking about getting a scent bomb to get rid of the new car smell.
    You can get a Dakota Odor Bomb they have 8 different scents. I like the Pacific Breeze and Vanilla.

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse- have you tried the Meguiar`s new car scent bomb? and if so, how does it compare to this?

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G16402 Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator - 2.5 oz.: Automotive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse@Autopia View Post
    You can get a Dakota Odor Bomb they have 8 different scents. I like the Pacific Breeze and Vanilla.
    Actually meant to get one on my order last Saturday and just spaced it off. Funny thing is I remembered to order some CG Stripper Scent. It was on my mind just blanked out. Next time for sure.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Jesse@Autopia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Jesse- have you tried the Meguiar`s new car scent bomb? and if so, how does it compare to this?

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G16402 Whole Car Air Refresher Odor Eliminator - 2.5 oz.: Automotive
    Yes I have used the Meguiar`s bomb, between the two products they both have a similar/same smell, and the Meguiars smell lasted for about a month. The 3D HD Odor Eliminator says it is long lasting, so I`m just going to have to wait to see how long it lasts. The 3D HD Odor Eliminator did spray longer than the Meguiars, so time will tell to see which one lasts the longest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse@Autopia View Post
    Yes I have used the Meguiar`s bomb, between the two products they both have a similar/same smell, and the Meguiars smell lasted for about a month. The 3D HD Odor Eliminator says it is long lasting, so I`m just going to have to wait to see how long it lasts. The 3D HD Odor Eliminator did spray longer than the Meguiars, so time will tell to see which one lasts the longest.
    I see, seems like they`re pretty similar then , and the 3D does look larger which explains the longer spray. The scent IS pretty strong at first but it fades to a pretty pleasant scent after a couple of days. I used my Megs about over a month ago and i can still get hints of the scent from it, i had also steamed my whole interior(due to water leak & moldy smell) and the bomb was a nice "topper" for the steam cleaning. Will keep this 3D product in mind for removal of stronger odors. Thanks for the review, I wasn`t even aware that this one existed.
    Likes Jesse@Autopia liked this post
    Thanks Jesse@Autopia thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jesse. That can is definitely larger than the Meguiar`s ones.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Glad that worked out for you Jesse. For me, I can`t do the "new car scent". It literally makes me sick to my stomach. I got a new car a couple of weeks ago and I`ve been chasing that scent out ever since. Sprayed, leather scent and vanilla scent. Have hung a vanilla Christmas tree. All the new materials are outgassing and it is very strong. Truth is I`m probably just a bit overly sensitive to it. Actually thinking about getting a scent bomb to get rid of the new car smell.
    Meguiar`s just came out with two new scents

Citrus Grove - I just used this one and it smells great.
    Summer Breeze - This is next in line.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Jesse

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Jesse !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Jesse. How are these odor bombs with the windows? Do they leave a film at all? or streaking when cleaning windows after?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used HD Odor Eliminator in my neighbor`s Lexus and it worked great to get out the awful smoker smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Nice review Jesse. How are these odor bombs with the windows? Do they leave a film at all? or streaking when cleaning windows after?
    I`m also interested in this, does it leave a film all over the interior and windows ?
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    I`m also interested in this, does it leave a film all over the interior and windows ?
    I didn`t notice a film, and I had my car running and the A/C on recirculate for 10-15 minutes when I first set off the odor bomb, and then I shut off the car and left the odor bomb sitting in the car for another 4 hours. I didn`t have to clean my windows after because they were completely clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my own opinion. A car would have to have a dead body inside for a month to release this the 3D fog bomb on a car. I use 10-15 short burst sprays and then a little under the dash for recirculating through the a/c. This can is huge and I can`t imagine the mess it leaves not to mention the overkill of smell (this stuff is very powerful). Anytime I`ve ever used, it`s eliminated the smell 100 percent and I`ve never used the bomb feature. Least aggressive method goes for stink bombs too I guess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information