Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations on wheel repair kits?

Has anyone used a good wheel repair kit that can take out decent sized curbing etc. I`m looking for a typical european silver. This is my rim (Not exact obviously).

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations on wheel repair kits?

What are you looking for in the kit? I mean, you`re going to have to sand, fill, sand, prime, paint, clear (I guess).

There`s some stuff on this page: Wurth Products

IME those rattle can clears yellow on the wheel after a while, may be ok if you do the whole wheel, but I touched up a bay between spokes one time and it looks different than the rest of the wheel now. 2K rattle can clear is best, but be careful spraying that--as someone said yesterday in a headlight thread on a different forum: " 2k clear coat sprays will last a LONG time but inhaling that stuff without proper equipment(air supply) will kill you quicker then crack."

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if you don`t know someone that already fixes rims, then call any good dealership and ask who they use..I`d let a pro take care of curb rash problems..you will be happier with the results...There are a few things on a car that I will not tackle this is one and leather and vinyl repairs are another
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There is an outfit call, wheel fix it in Freeport NY. 150 bucks plus tax fixes all cosmetic and out of round issues.

Ask me how I know............

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- Good to know of a decent shop for that...I`ve been sorely disappointed by some of the "big names" in the wheel repair business.

And yeah, DIYing this is unlikely to turn out "Autopian" and if there`s any question of "structural" issues I`d sure want a pro involved.

Post Thanks / Like

This is for the face, I already have a guy who does the drum/bend an balance for 75. I need a purely cosmetic solution, no structural stuff is being repaired... atleast for right now.

Post Thanks / Like

If it`s structural I`d get a new one.

There is an amazing guy in Yonkers/ white plums area that makes and fixes wheels. Been to his shop with a buddy of mine picking up a wheel. Guy does incredible work.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JSFM35X- Good to know of a decent shop for that...I`ve been sorely disappointed by some of the "big names" in the wheel repair business.

And yeah, DIYing this is unlikely to turn out "Autopian" and if there`s any question of "structural" issues I`d sure want a pro involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and Swanic (and I`m sure they have a few other customers ) use Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA. I`ve never actually had a real repair done there, only repainting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Me and Swanic (and I`m sure they have a few other customers ) use Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA. I`ve never actually had a real repair done there, only repainting.
    I *think* I used them for an AMG wheel back in the`90s with, uhm...disappointing results. Different people working there by now I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

I *think* I used them for an AMG wheel back in the`90s with, uhm...disappointing results. Different people working there by now I suppose.
    I dunno, I think it`s still the original owners. The tire shop I go to (which is kind of a specialized place) called them "the Cadillac" of wheel refinishing. I actually have only had 2 sets of wheels done there, one in the mid-90`s and one a couple of years ago, they came out fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I could be misremembering. I went through a few of the Big Names back then, never did get satisfactory results. My Audi dealer used to have a good place but now that whole thing is botched up due to a change of dealership ownership.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used WCC in Bath so many times alive lost count. I`ve always been impressed by their work. Most of all, I`m impressed how DURABLE the finish is.

It`s way tougher than the crap BMW is spraying on their wheels in Austria.

Sent from Detail Fest.

Thread Information