Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanolex Nanowax Review

Good morning everyone!

Let me first start off by saying that this review will not have any pictures at the moment. When I completed the detail on 12/7...it was very cloudy out and then on 12/8 it rained all day...so the car got dirty.

Anyway - prep for the vehicle consisted of a Dawn/Citrus degreaser mix, followed by Iron X soap. Once that was complete, the car was clayed and then given a one step polish with Menzerna Power Finish. Then it was rinsed to remove the dust and given an IPA wipedown to ensure the wax could bond correctly to the paint.

From Nanolex`s website:

"Nanolex NanoWax is a water-based sealant that simultaneously cleanses, rejuvenates and protects automotive paint. Developed and manufactured in Germany, Nanolex NanoWax is a creamy compound based on nano-scaled abrasives and wax. NanoWax refreshes weathered paint finishes and removes micro scratches - in addition to this a ultra thin wax-hybrid coating layer that bonds to painted surfaces is applied. All this happens in one step. As a result treated surfaces are much more reflective, very hydrophobic and therefore easy to clean. Washing is much easier and less time consuming, the overall effort to maintain a flawless finish is heavily reduced by using Nanolex NanoWax. The sophisticated chemical composition of NanoWax gives it a much better durability as compared to pure organic waxes. A layer of NanoWax repels water, oil and dirt, has antistatic characteristics and protects against chemical and biological damage. We also highly recommend combining this with our Paint Cleaner."

Directions:

After prepping the surface completely, Nanowax can be applied very thin (and I mean thin!!) using a soft tissue or foam applicator pad; in my case, I used a foam applicator. When I say a thin layer...I mean as thin as possible while still achieving full coverage.

If you put it on too thick...it`s going to be a PITA to remove. Also, there is no need to let this wax sit on the paint for any extended period of time. It took me a bit, but I finally found a good process to follow which was basically waxing the hood and front driver side quarter panel, then going back and buffing the hood, then waxing the door, then buffing the quarter panel, etc. There were a few spots that I let sit too long and it made removal very difficult. Once I got a good process, removal was cake!!

As I mentioned, application was done on 12/7 and then it rained on 12/8. On 12/19 we left FL and drove 18 hours to Chicago, IL; on the way up, we ran into rain and snow. Since we`ve been up here, it`s already rained once and today we`re supposed to get about 3" of snow. I am hoping to get some pictures to post up later today, but I can assure you that this stuff is holding up and beading water like crazy. I don`t think I`m a wax guru by any stretch, but I have used multiple waxes over the years (Supernatural, Fuzion, Souveran, Natty`s Blue, Pete`s 53 just to name a few) and this wax definitely sticks out to me. It has a very smooth/slick feeling and adds a nice "pop" to the car. It`s one of those waxes where after you apply and buff, you can feel that something is on the car protecting it.

Like I said...I am going to try and get some pictures up later today to show some of the beading action, but it may have to wait until it rains again. We`re leaving IL in a couple weeks and driving back to FL and I`ll be able to post back up as far as durability goes.

One a scale of 1 to 10:

Application - 10
    Removal - 8 if you don`t let it sit too long, 3 if you let it sit too long
    Looks - 9
    Durability - TBD
    Cost - 5; at $25 for just over 3 ounces...it`s a bit pricey, but if the durability is 6-9 months...I would say it`s worth it.

Thank you Gil for allowing me to try out this great product...definitely a winner in my book!!

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanolex Nanowax Review

As promised...here are a few pictures:

Remember these were taken 2 and a half weeks and 1,100 miles after the wax was applied. So far...this car has seen rain, snow and horrible road conditions. I also want to note how well the Nanolex Glass Sealant is holding up.

Thanks for looking!

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Update:

Wax was originally applied on December 7th...so 4 weeks ago. Since application, the car has been driven once from Tampa to Jacksonville and then back to Tampa (about 400 miles round trip) and also from FL to IL, IL to WI, WI back to IL and then finally IL back to FL...over 2400 miles round trip. Throughout all this...it`s seen hot and below freezing temperatures, regular rain, freezing rain and snow...not to mention that while we were in IL and WI...the car sat outside full time (it`s typically garage kept). These photos were taken Saturday (1/3) morning...keep in mind this is still a dirty car:

Today I gave the car a quick maintenance wash because it was absolutely filthy; this is the beading action this wax is still providing. I`d also like to mention that I used Meg`s Gold Class as my shampoo and Nanolex`s Washcoat:

Pretty amazing wax if you ask me!!

Great job Nanolex!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on the updates Josh. Personally I will say the beading looks "ok" nothing personal to you but I think Sonax PNS has spoiled my beading judgement. That said I am sure the Nanolex product is good. Looks like the glass sealant may be great though at what speed are the wipers not needed? How long has it been on?

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EVOlved View Post
    Nice work on the updates Josh. Personally I will say the beading looks "ok" nothing personal to you but I think Sonax PNS has spoiled my beading judgement. That said I am sure the Nanolex product is good. Looks like the glass sealant may be great though at what speed are the wipers not needed? How long has it been on?
    I have never used PNS...but may have to give it a shot. I wasn`t able to get any beading shots when the wax was freshly applied; I`d be curious to see how they would look.

I`ve had the glass sealant on since 12/7. I posted an update on my Sealant review thread that had a video from over the weekend. We were doing about 80 without wipers and still able to see just fine.

Thread Information