Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow Joe Telescoping Snow Broom In Action!

I bought a brand new one the winter after I had bought my car and joined this forum. It has yet to see snow. After I got I just couldn`t see dragging it across my paint. My car is parked overnight in a garage so it only accumulates snow at work. Even though it had a few inches on top I still use my brush and sweep lightly.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I bought a brand new one the winter after I had bought my car and joined this forum. It has yet to see snow. After I got I just couldn`t see dragging it across my paint..
    What kind of brush? Much as I rant about the Snow Brooms, I do think they`re easier to do the "leave a thin layer of undisturbed snow" thing compared to a brush and the bristles on the brushes *are* gonna mar if they touch the paint. Even my Boar`s Hair Snow Brush fails the CD-test so I REALLY try to keep the bristles on the glass when I simply have to use it.

AND...I used my Snow Broom (how *do* they spell that...something goofy like "Sno Brum" ) to do the windows on the A8 last year and accidentally...yep...hit the paint with it, all the way through the snow onto the clear. Lucked out, no marring, so it`s not like it`s *ALWAYS* gonna do damage. Whereas I bet that if a plastic-bristle brush hits the clear it *will* do damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic bristle brush. If it leaves marring it is very little. I don`t try and leave a thin layer I just sweep lightly. I am at the "I don`t care anymore" point with this black car. It was the first black car and definitely will be the last. I know I do love the look of a freshly cleaned, polished and waxed black car, especially this one with the white stripes. But you sneeze on it or by it and the whole car looks like crap. I love driving it but I think the fad has wore off enough so I am on the hunt for a mid-sized SUV in blue or maroon. It is not going to be a settle thing like it was with this car. Once i find the make and model I actually want I am going for the color I want.

So it is a DD to me and it is now getting treated more and more like one.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

skibik- Despite being on the other side of the Daily Driver Fence, I understand *COMPLETELY*. I`ll be the first to offer congrats when you do find exactly what you want to replace it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information