I have of Simoniz (Canadian Tire):
    -brushes
    -mitts
    -microfibres
    -APC
    -window cleaner
    -Pressure Washers

They are all, absolute crap.

Except ... they do honour the warranty on the pressure washer, so they sent me a new one, and now they are sending a third one. Replacement parts are cheap, so I still think it is an okay deal.

The mitt literally fell apart on the car on the 8th or 9th wash. My Walmart mitts at 60% the price last twice as long.

The APC is orange, and is okay as an air freshener. Unfortunately, it doesn`t clean.

The window cleaner is an excellent toilet cleaner, but doesn`t work on windows.

The mf fell apart quickly, but have held integrity since the initial fraying. THey are good for door jambs and the like (not for windows, since they are plush).
    Brenton Dickieson

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Simoniz (Canada) stuff crap?

The waxes etc seem to bear an awful close resemblance to Black Magic stuff, IMO.
    The Accessories seem high priced for the quality, but when they are on sale for 60+% off, they aren`t bad.
    The 3 pak MF`s aren`t too terrible. Much more plush than the 5 pack. (More expensive too, though.) Have lasted a few washes. Not sure how they`d fair if used professionally, though.
    Just a comment to add-the Canadian Tire line of Simoniz isn`t the same stuff as the Simoniz that`s now available in the States. (Which seems to be trying to gain more market share again-I`ve seen it in Wal-Mart, O`Reilly`s, etc.)
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail

The mitt literally fell apart on the car on the 8th or 9th wash. My Walmart mitts at 60% the price last twice as long.

Wow, I had the exact opposite experience with the sheepskin mitt if that`s the one you are referring to. It has a blue cuff right? Anyway I am on a year with the same mitt and it`s in excellent condition and that is with a minimum of one wash a week usually two. As with any sheepskin mitt you have to pick them properly. I can go into Canadian Tire and there will be 20 mitts there but no two are the same. Same with the Walmart mitts or any brand of sheepskin mitt. I also dry them in the dryer inside out after every use. I find this extends the life of sheepskin mitts by a huge amount. As for the rest of the Simonz stuff I find most of it to be low end.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing i liek from them is the power washeer (but not for my car it works well on my house) and a very select few brushes. Other then that its about as low as you can go. Defenilty not worth the money they charge. But if you dony have 20 bucks to spend on a wash mit iguees they will do
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    The only thing i liek from them is the power washeer (but not for my car it works well on my house) and a very select few brushes. Other then that its about as low as you can go. Defenilty not worth the money they charge. But if you dony have 20 bucks to spend on a wash mit iguees they will do

Yes the wash mitt is expensive but I have to say even though it`s Simonz it`s one of the best mitts I have used. You have to pick them though. Out of 20 mitts I might find 1 or 2 that I really like and some are really terrible. I have this problem with all makes of mitts though. They are not produced by the seller. They are mass produced and relabelled by Simonz or Euro or Turtle Wax or what ever brand you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

on sheep skin mit I have to disagree with you. It is expensive I couldn`t find one so I bought it and I found/find it to be really nice. I do have to mention the wrist band is crap and all these small black rubber beads come out of it. I bought one from Walmart now that is about 4$ cheaper.

There MF drying towel is what I use as my drying towel. The price is not so bad when you compare to others. It is very plush and absorbant. I`m waiting for a sale to pick up another.

I have to say their worst products are the Tire foam doesn`t even last a day but does cost 2.99 on special. And their regular car wash liquid is absolutely garbage. Never tried high foaming or the one with gels in it.

I have their 10" buffer which is pretty good quality and I know the pressure washers are top notch I guess your having bad luck with them. The rest of the products I agree are really bad and truly a waste of cash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr
    Just a comment to add-the Canadian Tire line of Simoniz isn`t the same stuff as the Simoniz that`s now available in the States. (Which seems to be trying to gain more market share again-I`ve seen it in Wal-Mart, O`Reilly`s, etc.)
    It use to be the same company many years back. Then they split (something having to do with owner disagreement) and Canadian Tire bought it. This is what the Simoniz USA told me. I think the pressure washers are the same though labeled differently.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tired their pressure washers and they are not bad
    the sheep skin mit is great! it was like 12.99 if i remember correctly and it feels like its good quality

i also would not use their buffers as they are not powerful enough to do anything.. i had 2 before i bought my PC

2005 Chev Cavalier, Black
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree...Simonize=Crap. For you canadians...what in you opinion is the best OTC APC that you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    the sheep skin mit is great! it was like 12.99 if i remember correctly and it feels like its good quality
    That is 3 of us that really like the sheepskin mitt. It just goes to show that you have to pick them properly. Of all the different brands of sheepskin mitts out there that I have tried I find the best of the Simonz to be very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine
    I agree...Simonize=Crap. For you canadians...what in you opinion is the best OTC APC that you use?
    Orange Blast by Greased Lightning. I got it at Canadian Tire. If you need some real kick you can also try Castrol Super Clean. You can get this at Zellers. If you want higher quality and still over the counter try a Harley or other motorcycle store and get some S100 Total Cycle Wash. It`s the same stuff as the highly regarded P21S Total Auto Wash.
    http://www.properautocare.com/s1totcycclea.html

Post Thanks / Like

I have this huge jug of APC called "Everything" got it for free it is super concentrated and has to be diluted to use. Came with a spray bottle with pre marked measurements for different applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNike05
    I have this huge jug of APC called "Everything" got it for free it is super concentrated and has to be diluted to use. Came with a spray bottle with pre marked measurements for different applications.
    never seen this before and im there all the time but ill keep an eye out

but Chomp it very good

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    If you need some real kick you can also try Castrol Super Clean.
    Just a side note-Castrol sold the Super Clean line, so now it`s just "Super Clean."
    Same color bottle etc, just missing the "Castrol" at the top.

*Edit* I like Spray Nine too. Potent disinfectant!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use spray nine on you engine?
    Chomp APC is pretty good at cutting grease and its a pretty "green" APC
    but unlike another green APC it won`t stain aluminium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information