Thread: Ppg

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ppg

I just applied Pinnacle Paste Glaz over a few coats of Souveran,on my Frost Metalic Silver Lightning.It made my paint pop more than the Souveran did.This wax is also yellow in the jar instead of white like Souveran. I know I hit the trim in a few spots,so I guess Ill find out if it leaves residue.So far Im happy with the results.
    Anyone else ever tried PPG over Souveran?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried layering Pinnacle waxes and Blitz on a light colored finish (Beige/sand color)

This car has 2X Souveran, 1X Blitz, and 2X Pinnacle Paste Glaz on it (24 hours between Souveran, a week before Blitz, then 12 hours between the two Pinnacle Paste Glaz applications.) I tried to let the Pinnacle Paste Glaz cure before applying another coat, I hope 12 hours was enough, but I ran short on time.

The Souveran offered the shine and depth, Blitz had depth but lacked shine, and Paste Glaz lacked depth but gave a great shine.

The Paste Glaz was the easiest to apply and remove though, real easy. On light colored cars, Paste Glaz gets my vote but it doesn`t last terribly long.

Boss_429
    I believe the Trade Secret is similar to the PPG (maybe even the same). Anyhow, I really like the Trade Secret, but will have to see how the durability stacks up. I`m suspecting that it won`t be much better than P21S, although it is supposed to have some polymers in it................... will see?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just hit it with another coat of PPG.The siilver just pops.It also pulled all the metal flake up.It looks much better than the Souveran on this color.

I also used Poorboys Trim Restorer. It went on very easy and even.Its really shiny though.Some guys may not like that.Even after buffing it down it stayed very shiny.Ill see how it holds up in the rain.That should be tomorrow since it rains in Florida everyday in the summertime.Its like living in the rainforest, here in the subtropics.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you used the trim restorer on the outside. Did you dress it with anything afterwards?
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep,only on the exterior plastics.I didnt top it with anything.Should I?

Thread Information