Post Thanks / Like
    Today I will be reviewing Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo. I received this shampoo as a tester from Gil of Nanolex.us. I believe the sample is somewhere around a 4oz. bottle.

First impression:

Shipped securely in a nice sample container which was then placed inside of a ziplock bag just to be sure. So open the spout and it smells like banana. Go to put it in the bucket and it is a very watery consistency much more so than the soaps I am used to at this point (mainly CG and Lusso auto bathe).

Use:

The vehicle I used for this test is my girlfriends 08 Acura TL in Royal Blue Pearl (a.k.a. The testbed). It was in a relatively dirty state:

Didn`t look too bad from far, but up close:

And then there was our favorite animal leaving it`s presents behind:

I decided I would use the soap as part of my usual 3BW. According to what Gil said, we were supposed to use the whole bottle in one wash. I had already foamed the car with Honeydew Snow Foam, so I decided I would use around half the bottle just to be safe. It came out of the bottle extremely quickly because of the watery consistency, so I actually ended up with a little over half the bottle in the bucket. The smell was pleasant, even though I hate bananas. It foamed up quickly and had a nice amount of suds.

So off to a great start, now onto putting the mitt to the paint. The suds didn`t really transfer all that well from the bucket to the mitt then onto the paint. So it didn`t really glide as well as my favorite Lusso soap, but it was along the lines of the CG just a little less smooth. Rinsing the soap was easy and it did seem to either leave something behind or “reactivate” the Hydr02 that was on the car because of:

Then what was left in the bucket:

Not a lot of suds but suds none the less. So the car was now cleaned I proceeded to dry it and dress the tires and trim and here is the end result:

Conclusion:

I liked the soap. It cleaned well, smelled good, and foamed up well enough. That said would I purchase it? I don`t think so. Reason being I prefer the glide, smell, and gentleness of Lusso Auto Bathe. I would give it the edge in beading after cleaning though, so maybe it does really clean better? The other reason I wouldn`t would be the price, I thought Lusso would be the most expensive soap I would ever use at around $3.25 a wash at regular price, but according to Gil`s dilution rate and the price of this soap at their site it boils down to $12.75 a wash. So it is a good soap but it may only be worth the price of admission if you have the LSP it is supposed to “reactivate” applied and even at that only once in a blue moon if you ask me.

Thanks for viewing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like many of these reviews are shaping up about the same way

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review.

`

The shampoo is not meant to replace your usual shampoo, is for previously coated vehicles.

`

Also, the shampoo is 250ml which should be enough for 5-6 washes on an average size car making it more affordable.

Post Thanks / Like

<span style="font-family:`comic sans ms`, cursive;">You`s think, somebody sends you something to sample you follow their instructions !

Post Thanks / Like

For comparisons sake the Nanolex shampoo sells for $25.50 for a 250 ml bottle with a dilution ration of 1oz./gallon. `You can get Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and gloss (just picked a random shampoo that I happen to like to compare to) at $8.99 for a 16oz. bottle (works out to ~473ml, so almost twice the amount) with a dilution ratio of 1oz/5 gallons of water. `That`s a pretty big gap if you`re taking value into consideration.

Post Thanks / Like
    E...

1. Why did you not use the entire bottle if that is what you were instructed?

2. How long ago was the Hyrdo 2 applied and how was the surface prepped prior to the application of H 2?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

1. I didn`t want to strip away my LSP so I was extra cautious (hind sight is 50/50 should have used it all)

2. It was not an ideal prep for Hydr02 it was just foamed and washed with Citruswash Red, then used a fine grade nanoskin, then applied the Hydr02. The vehicle was polished last October I believe it was and I applied it in Early July.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Just curious, were you given any indication by Nanolex that it could strip your LSP?

If you mentioned that and I missed it sorry...my bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    No no indication from them. Just me being OCD by nature. I know that most soaps in higher concentrations will negatively effect longevity of the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok....thank you.

Thread Information