Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all!

`

I received my sample of the Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo last week and had some time to use it today.

`

Nanolex claim:

`

"Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo is a new generation of shampoo that actually adds real protection while you wash the car. Designed to work with their range of world class sealants, the advanced formula forms a chemical and molecular bond with previously applied protective layers and refreshes them.

`

When used on surfaces (paint, wheels or glass) that have been sealed with Nanolex Paint Protection and other modern Paint Protection Coatings, Reactivating Shampoo will lengthen their durability and increase their water beading properties significantly, in fact this shampoo also offers similar benefits to other sealants and waxes. It has been found that after using the shampoo on unprotected surfaces, washed on a regular basis, it will start to offer a protection layer of its own!

`

Nanolex Reactivating Shampoo is highly lubricating and also contains a high-tech rinsing aid that will leave your car almost dry after thorough rinsing off. This shampoo is highly concentrated, use 20-25ml of shampoo in approx. 10L of water for best results with your two-bucket wash method."

`

So on with the review. The car being cleaned is a 2013 Altima. It was last washed and waxed on July 12th, then driven from FL to IL and back (around 2400 miles and through a lot of rain)...so it was nice and dirty. I had the car in for service today and the dealership did a quick wash for me, even though I didn`t ask them to. I initially thought this would hinder my review because I wanted to see how good this shampoo cleaned, but it actually turned out to be ok because the dealership did a horrible job (as expected).

`

Here is the sample that was sent:

`

Initial thought was that this shampoo was very watery. When I think of a shampoo, I think (and prefer)`of something that has a thicker consistency, like Meg`s Gold Class (which is my shampoo of choice and what I`ll be comparing Nanolex to). Though`a shampoo isn`t`very thick, it doesn`t mean that it isn`t effective. Also, the smell of it reminded me of bubble gum and was very pleasant.

`

So as I mentioned before, the car was washed earlier today at the dealership, and even though they didn`t do the best job, a lot of the dirt from the drive was removed. Here are a couple shots of the beading action after the dealer wash, but before the Nanolex wash. The LSP was a coat of Wolfgang`s Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0:

`

`

`

As you can see, there is still a decent amount of protection still on the car. On to the actual wash; I mixed up 1oz. of Nanolex with 3 gallons of water and it foamed up quite nicely in the bucket. I started washing the hood with a grout sponge and was a bit surprised; it`was not as slick as I was expecting and the amount of suds I saw in the bucket did not transfer over to the paint. I was expecting the area I was washing to be covered in a thick layer of suds, but it wasn`t. Here is the area of the hood as`I was washing:

`

`

To me, not as "soapy" as I was expecting or as I would like in a shampoo. To compare, here is a shot of the trunk that I washed with my preferred shampoo, Meg`s Gold Class:

`

`

I decided to add more shampoo to the wash bucket to see if that would produce a more "soapy" result on the paint. I added another 2oz. (so 3oz. total in 3 gallons of water) and the result was a much more "sudsy" and "soapy" shampoo. Keep in mind this is on a side panel and the soap was still staying on the car.

`

`

`

Now...to others, having a soapy shampoo may not be important as long as it`s effective and gets the job done. I prefer a shampoo that is soapy and sudsy.

`

So I washed the rest of the car and rinsed it`off. The next part I wanted to test out was the beading properties that this shampoo claims. I can honestly say that the beading improved from before the wash to after. Here are a few pictures of the beads after washing with Nanolex:

`

`

`

`

`

As you can see, some of those shots were on side panels and I was still getting good beading action. I got the car dried up, threw on some Opti-Bond Tire Gel and pulled it out in the sun for a few final shots.

`

Here are a couple sun shots to show off the metallic flake and condition of the paint. The last time this car got polished was back in November 2012. There is some slight swirling, but it will be getting polished within the next few months; I`d say it looks pretty good as is:

`

`

`

Final shots:

`

`

`

Overall, I think this is a good shampoo; not great, but good. I was not overly impressed with it, but I also wasn`t disappointed. I think the claims about this shampoo are`relatively accurate`in the sense that it improved the beading properties of the LSP that I had on the car, but on the other hand, I don`t feel that this shampoo was as slick as others I`ve used and not as slick as claimed. As far as extending the durability of the current LSP, only time will tell. My car is garaged kept and I know I can get at least 4 solid months of protection out of the DGPS before I need to re-wax; so we`ll see if I`m able to go longer than 4 months before needing to reapply.

`

Would I buy this shampoo on my own; honestly I would not. I feel its price is too high for a car shampoo and too high for something that offers an average performance. I am much more comfortable spending $8 on a bottle of Meg`s Gold Class or using Dawn dish soap.

`

I do look forward to testing out the rest of Nanolex`s line of products and seeing how they perform.

`

Thanks for reading and feel free to post any comments or questions.

Post Thanks / Like

That was pretty much my findings as well. `I washed both of the cars today and went back to my el-cheapo Turtle Wax car soap and like it much better. `Suds nice and sheets the water off a lot better and doesn`t leave spots and this was in the heat of the day direct sunlight. `And it was like $8 at Wal-Mart.

Thread Information