Thread: PB/Zaino combo?

Post Thanks / Like

PB/Zaino combo?

I`m picking up a new car shortly, and short of the paint being a disaster, I`m loathe to prep it with Zaino ZPC prior to Z5/Z2.

As an alternative, I thought that PB Pro Polish would be a good, very low abrasive (are there even any abrasives in PP?) alternative. My question is, should I wash again after I polish before applying Z2/Z5?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB/Zaino combo?

If you plan to use PP, then do an ISO wipe down, or Z6 wipe down before you move on to Z5/Z2.

Why aren`t you willing to use ZPC? I`ve used ZPC several times, and have found it to be a very mild polish and an excellent base for Z sealers.

btw -I would use Z5 first, since it will help hide any minor defects, and top that with Z2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    If you plan to use PP, then do an ISO wipe down, or Z6 wipe down before you move on to Z5/Z2.

Why aren`t you willing to use ZPC? I`ve used ZPC several times, and have found it to be a very mild polish and an excellent base for Z sealers.

btw -I would use Z5 first, since it will help hide any minor defects, and top that with Z2.
    I`ve gotten hugely conflicting information regarding ZPC and how abrasive it is or isn`t. My own impressions are that it varies hugely depending on not just the pad used, but the paint as well. For some reason, on my WRX, it`s a real bear to clean up, while on the S2000 I used it with a yellow cutting pad and it finished so nicely I didn`t even see a need to go back over it with a polishing pad.

I suppose I should just try the ZPC when I get the car in and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm
    I`ve gotten hugely conflicting information regarding ZPC and how abrasive it is or isn`t. My own impressions are that it varies hugely depending on not just the pad used, but the paint as well. For some reason, on my WRX, it`s a real bear to clean up, while on the S2000 I used it with a yellow cutting pad and it finished so nicely I didn`t even see a need to go back over it with a polishing pad.

I`ve used ZPC 5 times (Tahoe, STS, MDX, Venture, and NSX), and haven`t had a problem. It works well on minor defects -but not much more than that in my experience.

If PP works well for you, then I would stick with it -no doubt about it.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heffergm
    And maybe just try it on one section to see how it is working for you.
    It`s a real bummer when you do the entire vehicle and then you decide the results were not what you expected.

Charles

Thread Information