Post Thanks / Like

Introduction:

I’ve been a long time user of Meguiars APC + but with it only being sold in 5 gallons containers now I went in search of a replacement APC.` To find a replacement isn’t as easy as one would think. If I were to only be using it on the exterior of the vehicle a lot of the things I needed to take into account for the replacement wouldn’t matter but that’s not the case.` I use APC’s on interiors as much as I do exteriors so things like soapy residue that is hard to remove or an APC that creates a lot of foam or suds is not a good attribute to it working properly on an interior surface.` So about a month ago while talking with a friend at Mothers on the topic of needing a new APC’s he informed me that Mothers in fact had what I needed along with a water based degreaser and asked if I would like to try them.` Well I’m happy to say my search has ended.` I have found my replacements for my interior and exterior cleaning needs. And as a bonus they’re in the price range I’m used to paying and now sold right here on the Geek.

First up is the APC

Product claims:

Mothers Professional All Purpose Cleaner is the APC (all purpose cleaner) that does it all! Use this concentrated, biodegradable multi-surface cleaner for all your car cleaning needs. Mothers Professional All Purpose Cleaner will safely and effectively clean carpet, upholstery, fabrics, vinyl upholstery, engine compartments, fender wells, door jambs, and more! Mothers Professional All Purpose Cleaner is non-toxic and biodegradable.

Details:

Recommended dilution ratios:

Carpet, vinyl and Upholstery 1:10

General Purpose – 1:15

Spot & Heavy Cleaning – 1:5

Engines, Tires, Grease – 1:3

Scent: Citrus, not over powering chemical smell like some APC’s.

Degreaser

Product claims:

Mothers Professional Water-Based Degreaser is a non-toxic, biodegradable multi-surface cleaner that effortlessly lifts and removes grease and baked-on grime. Use Mothers Professional Water-Based Degreaser on engine bays, wheel wells, undercarriage components, and more! Concentrated formula can be diluted up to 1:4 with water, making it an excellent value. Mothers Professional Water-Based Degreaser is perfect for detail shops where time is money.

Details:

Recommended dilution ratios:

Light to Moderate Degreasing – 1:4

General Purpose – 1:2

Heavy / Engine Degreasing – 1:1

Scent: Citrus, not over powering chemical smell like some degreasers.

Now for the proof of just how well they work. On both of these vehicles the APC was used at a ratio of 8:1 and the Degreaser was used at 4:1.

First up is the truck. The tools used were a Bissell LGM, various brushes and lots of MF towels.

There’s no arguing that this interior would put any cleaner to the test. If it can clean this mess then odds are it going to handle just about anything. So here’s how it did.

I would say they both passed with flying colors.

But if that wasn’t enough take a look at car #2. Dilution ratios were both still the same APC 8:1 and Degreaser 4:1. On car 2 a Firebird steamer was also used.

Hope you enjoyed my review. As always questions and comments welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Those 50/50`s are incredible. Nice work. I think you`re the 1st person I`ve seen in years using Mothers products.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! I`ll have to look into those two before I re-order APC. I`ve always liked Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner as it`s very cheap, simple and effective, this may be a similar product based on the results that you`ve shown.

`

`

Edit: Have you tested this directly against OPC or the now-discontinued Meguiars APC+?

Post Thanks / Like

rzatch-

`

Thanks for the review!

`

-Gabe
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

How does the APC compare to other APC`s such as Meg`s?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers never disappoints. One very under-rated company.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I gotta start reading this forum more! Great review! And those vehicles gave me flash-backs of some turds I`ve done in the past. I bow to you, your results were better than mine.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Question - Did you use the Degreaser on any of the`interior components?`` Based on the description, it doesn`t look like it should be used for that purpose.

`

Just an FYI - You can get Optimum Power Clean in a gallon size.` While I never used it,`I`ve read great reviews on it and`I`ve loved everything I have even bought from Optimum.

`

I do love the orange Megs APC - I always forget the number. Still working on the last gallon i bought awhile back.

Thread Information