Post Thanks / Like

Body shop safe = Zaino safe?

I`ve got some Pinnacle finishing polish, on which the label indicates "Body shop safe: no oils or waxes".

I`m assuming that this means I can use the polish and not worry about applying Zaino over the top of it?

I ask because I`ve got a new car coming, and barring the paint being a complete disaster from the factory, I`d prefer to use a very mild polish like the Pinnacle before applying Zaino as opposed to ZFX, which would be a lot more aggressive and most likely unnecessary in this case.

TIA

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Body shop safe = Zaino safe?

"Body shop safe" does not guarantee that different brand names will match each other. It just means there are no silicones, oils or wax products to get in the way of a refinishing job--fish eyes and the like, though fish eye eliminator is taking out 90% of that from even backyard guys nowadays.

But...your combo seems reasonable to me, IMO.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: Nevermind. I guess I should read the post more carefully. Oops!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d prefer to use a very mild polish like the Pinnacle before applying Zaino as opposed to ZFX, which would be a lot more aggressive and most likely unnecessary in this case.

TIA[/quote]

ZFX is a cross-linking and acceleration additive. It offers near-instant cure time, reduced surface distortion, enhanced polish flexibility, and improved bonding to both paint and additional layers of Show Car Polish. In simple terms, ZFXâ„¢ vastly improves paint surface appearance and increases polish durability.

Do you mean ZPC (which is a zaino polish)?

Personally, I would use Menzerna Final Polish II as a base. It`s a mild polish, body shop safe, and a good base for Z2 or Z5 sealers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    I`d prefer to use a very mild polish like the Pinnacle before applying Zaino as opposed to ZFX, which would be a lot more aggressive and most likely unnecessary in this case.

TIA

ZFX is a cross-linking and acceleration additive. It offers near-instant cure time, reduced surface distortion, enhanced polish flexibility, and improved bonding to both paint and additional layers of Show Car Polish. In simple terms, ZFXâ„¢ vastly improves paint surface appearance and increases polish durability.

Do you mean ZPC (which is a zaino polish)?

Personally, I would use Menzerna Final Polish II as a base. It`s a mild polish, body shop safe, and a good base for Z2 or Z5 sealers.[/QUOTE]

Typo, yes. I meant ZPC.

Post Thanks / Like

I like mixing and matching products. Yet when I am working with Zaino products I am a purist. Have used other products to get a Zaino detail completed when I first started out. Looked good but when the whole system is used I believe that it looked better.

ZPC is pad dependant as far as aggressiveness is concerned. Using the ZPC and applying by hand I would liken it to AIO. Depending on the condition of the paint use a pad accordingly.

I do not know the chemical composition of the Pinnacle product but it seems to me that the Pinnacle swirl removers that I used were quite oily looking/feeling. I know that the surface was different after wiping off. I found them quite difficult to work with when comparing to Menzerna or Poorboy`s.

JMHO.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. I suppose I could apply ZPC with a finishing pad. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Information