Thread: HD Speed Review

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if anybody remembers, but a couple months back I was looking around for a good AIO. `HD Speed was mentioned a few times and I`ve really liked the couple of products I`ve tried of theirs before, so I decided to give that a shot.
    `
    A quick description:
    `
    http://www.hdcarcare.com/HD-Speed-Al...h-Sealant.html
    `
    `
    All-In-One Polish.
    `
    HD Speed polishes and protects the painted surface in one easy and simple step.
    `
    Removes light to moderate surface scratches and swirl marks.
    `
    This remarkable product restores color, depth, and gloss while adding a long lasting wax to the surface.
    `
    Its exceptional open time allows longer polishing and waxing period, and less product use.
    `
    Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly. `
    `
    Great for those who want quick, minor paint correction with protection.
    `

`
    Unfortunately it didn`t arrive before I detailed the vehicle I was intending on using it on, but I later got the chance to check it out on a older black Silverado that was in pretty rough shape. `
    `
    Here`s what I started out with:
    `

`
    And here`s what I ended up with on the right side after applying HD Speed using a Rupes with a 5.5" flat white Lake Country pad:
    `

`
    `
    To say that I was impressed is an understatement. `I ended up doing the rest of the vehicle with HD Polish as that did work better at removing the defects and the truck was getting a sealant anyway. `But I felt this stuff did a pretty awesome job of cleaning that paint up for not being a dedicated polish product. `Just like their polish, Speed went on smooth and thin and has to be one of the quickest and easiest products I`ve ever buffed off a vehicle.
    `
    I can`t comment on the longevity of it`s protection as it`s not my truck, but I will not hesitate to reach for this stuff for any customers that don`t want to pay for a two step job or for any quick cleanup work with a couple months protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like it! It`s one of my all time favorites. Especially the smell.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed... Forgot to mention it had a nice grape scent

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to try some more AIOs for our entry level exterior auto details but haven`t had the time to shop around. I may give SPEED a try.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude

I need to try some more AIOs for our entry level exterior auto details but haven`t had the time to shop around. I may give SPEED a try.

`

Works really well as a gloss enhancer and final polish, but the only drawback would be that it`s isn`t recommended in a scenario where a paint coating is being applied due to the product leaving behind protection that could interfere with the bonding of the coating.`

`

If you`ve tried HD Polish, imagine pretty much identical correction, but improved gloss & slickness.`

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Works really well as a gloss enhancer and final polish, but the only drawback would be that it`s isn`t recommended in a scenario where a paint coating is being applied due to the product leaving behind protection that could interfere with the bonding of the coating.`

`

If you`ve tried HD Polish, imagine pretty much identical correction, but improved gloss & slickness.`

I`ve not used`any HD product. Maybe one day someone will send me some samples.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering if one could take advantage of the correction ability of speed and follow it up with another brand sealant? I would like to use it and then go to Duragloss for the follow-up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klink10

I was wondering if one could take advantage of the correction ability of speed and follow it up with another brand sealant? I would like to use it and then go to Duragloss for the follow-up.

UH OH, you`said the D word`here`be careful ! 105/601 combo 4-5 months durability; Richy wouldn`t steer us wrong.PS, you`ll be told to use POXY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pld

UH OH, you`said the D word`here`be careful ! 105/601 combo 4-5 months durability; Richy wouldn`t steer us wrong.PS, you`ll be told to use POXY.

I wouldn`t. Speed leaves behind protection, so topping it with a non-compatible sealant *might* threaten bonding/durability. If that is worth it, then by all means go right ahead and use Duragloss/Zaino/Menzerna Power Lock and report back to us with your findings. Or, you can top Speed with a Poxy, Nitro Seal or Express and no need to question it.`

`
    `

Quote Originally Posted by klink10

`

See above^^^ Or, instead of Speed, you can go with HD Polish and use whatever topper (including coatings) you`d like.`

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Thread Information