Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a chance to finally mess with HD Polish courtesy of David F. and 3D Products review program. `A quick description:

`

`

http://www.3dproducts.com/HD-Advanced-Polish.html

`

`

`

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">HD Polish has been scientifically designed to produce a dust free, swirl free, deep, high gloss paint finish.

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">Using`<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">NANO<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">`Technology and super micro abrasives H Polish is the most effective way to remove light to moderate paint defects for the highest shine possible.

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">Product works best when applied in a shaded area but is sun friendly when used correctly.

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">This product is Body Shop Safe, containing no silicone or fillers. Safe for use on fresh paint and soft clears.

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">Amazing hologram and marring free results on all paint colors including jet-black/dark colored paints.

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">Easy on and easy off.

`

`

`

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">I`m trying it out on my 2007 Dodge Ram that is in the process of getting prepped for winter. `I will be doing a full correction on the entire vehicle, but for the purposes of evaluating this product I tested it on one of my doors without any compounding so I could see how much defect it would remove on its own. `Application was done using a 5.5" flat white Lake Country foam pad on a Rupes 21.

`

<span style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(252,253,253);">The weather outside today isn`t being cooperative to get good defect shots, so I`m making due with my garage lighting. `Fortunately the paint is in pretty good shape but has a fair amount of light swirls and scratches that you can find if you`re looking for them.

`

Before:

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

After:

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

I had a hard time capturing the defects in pictures....they were much easier to see in person. `I`d have to say overall it`s quite a nice product. `It easily took care of all of the light defects with little effort and left the paint with a nice gloss and smooth as a baby`s butt. `The only defects left were a couple of deeper ones that I would have no expectations of this product or any other in it`s class to take care of. `I`ll have more pictures in a full write up of the detail when I`m done and the weather is nicer.

`

Pros: `

`

Bottle is just fine. `Sharp packaging with a good spout (easy to open/close with one hand)

No noticeable chemical smell

Easily took care of the defects that I would expect it to

No dusting

Very little effort in removal

Leaves a nice glossy finish

`

`

Cons:

`

None that I can think of really. `It worked as expected and I would have no trouble reaching for this in the future for light defect removal and/or cleaning up after compounding.

`

`

`

Post Thanks / Like

hoamskilet-

`

Nice review. `

`

Your `07 model seems to have less orange peel than my `03... that`s certainly nice!
    Former Pro, Now Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the review! Looks like HD Polish did the trick. I really hope you continue to use and recommend it when possible. It`s something everyone shop have in their arsenal and I truly feel is the benchmark for finishing polishes.`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

I use HD polish because not only is it low dust, but it leaves paint ready for wax without oils left behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jermar

I use HD polish because not only is it low dust, but it leaves paint ready for wax without oils left behind.

`

Something that is very helpful when doing Opti-Coat after. HD Polish is my go to final polish on any solid color (and is great on any color) since the clarity is so good.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Used it a while back (1-yr maybe?). Have most of the 16oz bottle leftover.

`

I have used Squeaky Clean and Detailers Pro prep polish just prior to applying`various lsp`s like waxes, sealants and`coatings without having to do any further`wipe-downs. Thus saving me time.

`

Question.

`

Would like to know if HD Polish is`a true final last polish?`Polish, wipe off, apply lsp?

Post Thanks / Like

Would like to know if HD Polish is`a true final last polish?`Polish, wipe off, apply lsp?

`

`

When applying a standard LSP--sealant or wax-- as opposed to a coating I`ve had no bonding issues after using HD Polish with no IPA wipe down.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like
    This past week, I got to try HD Polish after Adapt. Both great products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsc

`

Question.

`

`

Absolutely! HD Polish is one of the best finishing polishes on the market. Super light remnants in regards to removal for coatings. Very user friendly too.`

`
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4

This past week, I got to try HD Polish after Adapt. Both great products.

`

Thanks fdresq4!`
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

How does HD Polish compare with Mennzerna P085RD, which used to reign as the king of killer gloss ( a jeweling polish)?

`

Would HD or 85RD produce a higher gloss?`

Post Thanks / Like
    HD is the new standard in both compounds and polishes. I tossed Po85rd out the minute I finished using HD polish for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of HD Polish I purchased last summer. Used a couple of times and store away indoor in my basement with other polishes. This summer I took it out and it no longer gives a pleasant scent. Gave a good shake and still does correction but the smell really bothers me.`

`

Has my bottle of HD Polish gone bad?
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping for a reply!
    Check out my Youtube Channel!

Post Thanks / Like

Wondering how people who use both would compare/contrast HD Polish and the newer Optimum Hyper Polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouyo

Bumping for a reply!

Why not just give HD Customer Service a call?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information