Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I been searching for a type of Fabric Protector to apply to my brand new 2013 Tacoma.

Personally, i am a HUGE fan of Carpro`s. So their Fabric Coat is a MUST for me to try out.

While Carpro makes a huge selection of product, their Fabric coating is probably 1 of the MOST EXPENSIVE product they sell.

I got my 100ml bottle for $21. And i know for a fact a 100ml bottle will not last me very long. (In fact i was only able to coat *2* of my headrest and Passenger + Driver side carpet. But shortly after just doing 1 of the headrest, their sprayer head decided to dump on me and i ended up losing probably half a bottle.

So my mission was to find a different Fabric Protector product at a more affordable price range. So i took the opportunity to try out HD Care Care products.

Carpro`s Fabric & Leather Coat - $21.99 for a 100ml bottle

HD Fabric Protector - $12.99 for a 10*oz* Bottle

*Sorry i did not take any pics of me applying the 2 products, but it is pretty self explanatory.

The CQ Fabric is in a sprayer form, which IMO it took MORE passes + PRODUCTS to cover the headrest.

While the HD Fabric Protector comes in a aerosol can, allowing you to spray it on like spray paint.*

And HERE are the results. (I let both headrest air dry for at least 24 hours before testing)

After wiping off the water

Summary :

As you can see clearly, they both did not protect the headrest COMPLETELY.

But the CQ Fabric Coat did a much better job when compare to the HD Fabric Protector.

If you remember i said the CQ Fabric Sprayer died on me shortly after just doing 1 of my headrest, and product started leaking out from the neck of the sprayer. I lost more than HALF a bottle of the CQ. (After changing the sprayer head, i was able to cover 2 Headrest and Driver & Passenger SIDE FLOOR CARPET.)

I used the HD Fabric on 3 Headrest , ALL OF THE INTERIOR FABRIC SEATS, and the BACK ROLE Carpet in my truck.

So the HD Fabric lasted me a LONG WAY when compare to the CQ Fabric.

Durability is the question here.

I was told the HD Fabric will easily last 6 Months

While the CQ Fabric will last 8 Months.

But at this point i am not concerned with the Durability, as both products did not PROTECT and REPELLED COMPLETELY.

*If i ever get a chance to use the CQ Fabric again, and put it in a better sprayer, that might have give me better results*

But overall, I`d PREFER CQ Fabric OVER HD Fabric. Because i did put HEAVY COATS on with the HD, while the CQ was just 1 coat / layer.

Now i just hope it did not change the way my fabric LOOK & FEEL. Or else i will be REALLY DISAPPOINTED.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Ivan and thanks for taking the time to post it! Here are a few things that I would like to suggest to you. I will also look into having HD consider revising their instructions to insure peak performance of the protectant.

Please consider this:

I am suspecting that the protectant (both of them) did not penetrate into fabric to create an even layer/bond. From your explanation, you just sprayed the product onto the surface? If so, I don`t think it is allowing it to do it`s thing optimally.

Here`s what I would do in the future and report back if this helped:

After cleaning/drying, spray the protector over the surface generously. Immediately after, wipe/rub the liquid into the surface with either your hand (covered with a rubber glove) or with a soft bristled brush. This will push the protectant further into the surface.

Then, after approximately 30 minutes, apply another layer of protectant and allow to completely dry. This will create and stronger, more concentrated barrier and should produce totally different results.

Please keep us posted.

Also, as far as durability is concerned.........I don`t think 3D/HD is willing/able to project a durabilty or longevity suggestion of this product. There are many variables such as use (rubbing), type of rubbing (construction dirt vs dress suit), environment. I personally would hope that the product would prevent soiling (deep) for several months in most circumstances. As a rule of thumb, if you clean the surface, apply more protectant.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information