Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spray & Gloss / Spray & Wipe

what really is the difference? they both are a spray on wipe off ,and are both for dusty dirty cars that are not dirty enough for a wash correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray & Gloss / Spray & Wipe

S&W - Waterless wash. Safe to use on slightly dirty vehicles. Doesn`t leave anything behind.

S&G - Quick Detailer. Needs a semi-clean surface to begin with. Has "gloss enhancers" (I don`t know the technical stuff) to add shine to the finish.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

S & W has cleaning abilitys with plenty of depth and slickness,it can also be used as a lube when claying and is versatile. S & G is a great QD and can be used to spit shine with your sealer/wax or to add an exceptional gloss and depth with added slickness. Both are nice items to have around.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    S&W - Waterless wash. Safe to use on slightly dirty vehicles. Doesn`t leave anything behind.

S&G - Quick Detailer. Needs a semi-clean surface to begin with. Has "gloss enhancers" (I don`t know the technical stuff) to add shine to the finish.
    that`s almost it...

Spray and Wipe can be used on dirty cars...anything short of mud is within it`s reach ..some people will not go to that extent but it can do the job.

Spray & Gloss has limited cleaning ability and should not be used for anything more than light road grime , dust or water spots after rain or washing.
    Spray & Gloss does exactly what the name says, adds gloss and some polymer protection..it makes the surface slick and leaves a coating behind.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

GOTCHA! thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    that`s almost it...

Spray and Wipe can be used on dirty cars...anything short of mud is within it`s reach ..some people will not go to that extent but it can do the job.

Spray & Gloss has limited cleaning ability and should not be used for anything more than light road grime , dust or water spots after rain or washing.
    Spray & Gloss does exactly what the name says, adds gloss and some polymer protection..it makes the surface slick and leaves a coating behind.

Just to add to this I use S&W on my cars almost every day then finish up with the S&G for the just waxed look...takes me about 15 to 20 minutes per car....the cars always look great....I`ve also used the S&W on some pretty nasty looking cars and they have come out great....I spray it on well and let set for a minute or two so that loosens it up and then with a WW MF I can remove all the dirt making sure to turn the towel over to a clean side regularly
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    I spray it on well and let set for a minute or two so that loosens it up and then with a WW MF I can remove all the dirt making sure to turn the towel over to a clean side regularly
    Spray & Wipe is probably my most used product as well and I definitely reccomend it.
    The use of a waffle weave MF with S&W is interesting. I do think I have read about people using a WW with the S&W in a previous thread, but I have always used a couple of plush MF. I was concerned that the WW wouldn`t have deep enough pile to keep the dirt picked up away from the paint.

Any benefits from using the WW rather than a plush MF?

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Spray & Wipe is probably my most used product as well and I definitely reccomend it.
    The use of a waffle weave MF with S&W is interesting. I do think I have read about people using a WW with the S&W in a previous thread, but I have always used a couple of plush MF. I was concerned that the WW wouldn`t have deep enough pile to keep the dirt picked up away from the paint.

Any benefits from using the WW rather than a plush MF?

Charles
    Charles

The reason I use WW is those are the largest ones that I have and seem to pickup everything in there way...I`ve never really given much thought to it...on the QD spray that`s always a plush towel
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Didn`t QD+ get replaced by S&G?
    2008 Chevy Aveo LS Sedan - Fire Red

Post Thanks / Like

QD+ & S&G are different. S&G is a gloss enhancer QD so to speak. QD+ contains carnuaba. To me its like a wax booster.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

I really worry about doing SW, or SG on my black car but have been doing it anyway, but it does concern me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve learned to except the fact that I have a black car and you can see the slightest inperfection anywhere. I love the SW and always try to make myself aware that i`m not trying to apply any real pressure when removing the SW and i`ve used it when my car is pretty dirty.
    2005 Altima 2.5S :boxing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    I`ve learned to except the fact that I have a black car and you can see the slightest inperfection anywhere. I love the SW and always try to make myself aware that i`m not trying to apply any real pressure when removing the SW and i`ve used it when my car is pretty dirty.
    While I don`t have a black car, my El Camino is a dark red. I keep it in a garage with a Noah car cover on it (yea,yea, a garage queen)... anyway, after I get home from a drive, I don`t want to put the car cover on a dirty car, so I use Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash to get rid of the light dust and road dirt/grime.
    Now maybe it is just here in New England, but check out the picture of the towel after a using Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash right after a day out cruisin. It`s not like I`m driving on dirt roads or anything like that, this is just some around town combined with some highway driving. Talk about air/road pollution!

I only use a freshly washed towel, so it was totally clean and white before the wipe down.

I`m a big fan of Spray & Wipe. This stuff is just great! I use it before any sort of Quick Detailer.

JW-`73 El Camino SS - They`ll get my Elky when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! a73elkyss web site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420
    QD+ & S&G are different. S&G is a gloss enhancer QD so to speak. QD+ contains carnuaba. To me its like a wax booster.
    My bad... I see it`s called QW+ now... Quick Wax Plus!

Thanks anyways!
    2008 Chevy Aveo LS Sedan - Fire Red

Post Thanks / Like

Questions on proper technique w/ S&G and S&W. Do you spritxz, wipe once in one direction and then turn towel or use a second towel to back to remove residue? Or just use in the same motions you use to wash the vehicle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information