Post Thanks / Like

Product Review: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Product Description / Claims:

Seal and protect all interior surfaces with one product!

Now you can keep the interior of your car looking and feeling new with a single product that’s incredibly quick and simple to apply. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant is an invisible, advanced synthetic polymer coating that provides a durable coating of protection and beauty to all leather, plastic, vinyl, rubber, wood and metal interior trim! Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant replaces the need for multiple products!

Product Details:

Packaging: Typical Black Wolfgang Bottle with a sprayer

Directions: Yes

Color: Clear

Scent: Mild Chemical

Pricing: $29.99 @ 8oz / $49.99 @ 16 oz

Directions:

1. Interior surfaces need to be clean and dry before applying Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant.
    2. Work on a cool surface in the shade.
    3. Shake bottle well before and periodically during use.
    4. Apply a small amount to a clean foam applicator and then work into the surface.
    5. When working on smooth, hard surfaces use a separate clean, dry microfiber towel to wipe-off any excess product.
    6. If less shine is desired on plastic, rubber, vinyl and leather surfaces, lightly buff with a clean, dry microfiber towel two minutes after application.

Warnings or Precautions:

• Keep out of reach of Children
    • Harmful If Swallowed

Testing:

• I first cleaned the seats of the 2 week old Optimum Protectant Plus using Meg’s APC @ 10:1 and then following it up with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. I usually use UIGP but wanted the OPP for some reason the last time.
    • I then ran a tape line down the half a seat and dash section.
    • I then applied WG CTS to the test sections.
    • Just for my own curiosity I also applied UIGP to the other half of the seat and dash to see if there was any difference.

Clean Seat / Dash:

50/50 Seat / Dash:

WG CTS vs. UIGP:

As you can see WG CTS leaves a little more glossy finish than the matte finish of UIGP. Personally I like the slightly glossier look for certain interiors and surfaces.

Pros:

1. Easy to Use

2. No Streaking

3. Nice Gloss that not over the top

Cons:

1. Price: It is slightly higher per ounce than UIGP

2. Chemical Scent (Ultima IGP)

Questions:

1. Does it have the same durability as UIGP?

2. Can the Scent be changed?

Final Thought / Summary:

WG CTS is an easy to use interior sealant that is good for all your interior surfaces. Only time and future use will determine if the claim of dirt & dust repelling is true. WG CTS leaves a little more glossy finish than the matte finish of UIGP. Which on my seats I did like a little better. Sometimes UIGP’s matte look is almost a little white and hazy for me. If you are looking for a new interior trim sealant WG CTs might just be something to look into.

Post Thanks / Like
    Troy, great review here for sure. Can I ask what really justifies that price of 29,99 @ 8oz`s? Not really gwtting this one.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Troy, great review here for sure. Can I ask what really justifies that price of 29,99 @ 8oz`s? Not really gwtting this one.

The price per once is slightly higher than Ultima Interior Guard Plus, which is what I believe the WG is based on. If this is truly an interior sealant with a 3-6 month durability I think it could / would validate the price just like with exterior sealants. This is something I will need to create some durability testing for.

Also the very small amount I use on a vehicle would make a small 8oz bottle like this last for years if only used on personal vehicles and more than likely a few moths or more if doing higher end detailing work. I have no idea how quick a volume detailer would use this up.

I think these WOWA interior and exterior sealants are just another way to approach car care. If an 8oz WOWA sealant goes as far a Standard sealant would it make it a better value? Smaller packaging, less transferring, faster to use?

But to be honest I don`t get the whole price thing either.

Lets be honest this still isn`t a ballet as this:

Post Thanks / Like
    Polyaminosiloxane resin, available from Dow, etc. (newer versions of this basic resin are coming on the market all the time, but the basic`s stay the same)

Mix with the correct amount of water, a bacteriacide, a couple of other chemical components, you got it all but for ONE thing-right marketing words, directed at a target market.

No matter who markets such a product, they all come from the same basic resin, no matter who produces it, and the only REAL difference is the percentage of the aminosiloxane resin content.

These will evaporate over time from the applied surface to which they are applied.

The resin produces a "coating", not one that is like paint, and as such, will evaporate over time, leaving the surface as it was before it was applied.

They "lay on top" of the applied surface.

Amount of "gloss/shine" is dependant on a couple of variations, being amount or resin (over 33% will create a longer, greasy surface), and how much water, etc are in the formulation.

These "resins" are "air cured", that is what ``sets the resin to create the surface that one wishes to see".

I could go on and on, but it is really simple, only so many chemical companies provide the needed resin, each company decides how much resin to place in the forumla , how much they wish to spend on packaging and most important, what amount of marketing money and words is it going to take to get the sales volume needed for them to be profitable.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Troy Im certain you had some help with that comeback. : Tell your buGddy he will get his at Sema. Great reply though lmao
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    LOL Troy Im certain you had some help with that comeback. : Tell your buGddy he will get his at Sema. Great reply though lmao

I don`t know of the David you are hinting about... :fermani:

But i`ll take hat I can get. :peace:

Post Thanks / Like

**2 Month Update**

It had been right at 2 months since I originally put WG CTS on my seats and dash. Although I still really like the way everything looked I thought it was time to do a re-fresh. Below is a 50/50 of the seat after applying WG CTS again.

50/50: Right side has WG CTS applied

As you can see the WG CTS was basically gone. So there is no 2 moths of durability. I will watch it closer this time and do a re-application test at 1 month to see how it is holding up. It is tuff for me because I really like and prefer the natural matte finish. So as it wears away it gets closer and closer to what I have always liked and kept my seats looking like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham
    Polyaminosiloxane resin, available from Dow, etc. (newer versions of this basic resin are coming on the market all the time, but the basic`s stay the same)

Mix with the correct amount of water, a bacteriacide, a couple of other chemical components, you got it all but for ONE thing-right marketing words, directed at a target market.

No matter who markets such a product, they all come from the same basic resin, no matter who produces it, and the only REAL difference is the percentage of the aminosiloxane resin content.

These will evaporate over time from the applied surface to which they are applied.

The resin produces a "coating", not one that is like paint, and as such, will evaporate over time, leaving the surface as it was before it was applied.

They "lay on top" of the applied surface.

Amount of "gloss/shine" is dependant on a couple of variations, being amount or resin (over 33% will create a longer, greasy surface), and how much water, etc are in the formulation.

These "resins" are "air cured", that is what ``sets the resin to create the surface that one wishes to see".

I could go on and on, but it is really simple, only so many chemical companies provide the needed resin, each company decides how much resin to place in the forumla , how much they wish to spend on packaging and most important, what amount of marketing money and words is it going to take to get the sales volume needed for them to be profitable.

Grumpy
    Thanks for the insights Ron...keep `em coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, Ron is a boss. I love the knowledge.

I was just about to look into buying this Wolfgang interior sealant when I saw the 2 month update. Oh well, the search continues for the perfect interior product.

:edit: Oh, and Troy. Your reviews are the best.

Thread Information