Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Well I`m about to use it on two week old paint, Speed I mean, what do you think?

I think fresh paint needs a month or two to out-gas before sealing it with a LSP. Otherwise, the paint can remain soft and do funky things.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t seal in fresh paint. Did you not know that? Polishing is all you can do, which in itself will protect the paint for a little bit. Unless the paint was baked.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Well I`m about to use it on two week old paint, Speed I mean, what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    You can`t seal in fresh paint. Did you not know that? Polishing is all you can do, which in itself will protect the paint for a little bit. Unless the paint was baked.

Yes I knew that already, that`s why I was surprised that Speed was supposedly Body Shop safe. Since it`s not, I won`t use it on this project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Body shop safe or not, you can`t use wax/sealant on fresh paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg736GTC
    Nice review Troy, You`ve pretty nailed everything that I felt about both products.

I`ve only tested on one vehicle at this time, maybe this weekend I`ll bang out the wives silver Saturn with SPEED. I`m very impressed on how both Polish and SPEED was able to brighten up white paint as well as give an awesome reflection.

Even though I wasn`t looking for major correction abilities on SPEED, I thought that it came a little short of my expectations, but then again I really didn`t get very aggressive with it so I can`t really hold the product accountable due to my short coming (not quite AIO intelligent....yet!). I`m gonna hit the Saturn with HD`s cut and heavy cut pads and spend a little more time with each section.

When it comes to the scent, I think they both have the grape soda scent to it, but polish does smell a little different, can`t pin it down though. I like the bottles and the graphics....they do catch your eye don`t they? The caps on the other hand clog up way to quickly for me though.

I think Polish may have an edge on 205 as it leaves no oils behind, that`s something else I want to check but I want to do a full HD correction (Uno, Polish, & Poxy or NS) on my black DD Focus.....it REALLY needs it! It`ll have to wait `till I have enough fluff to afford them.

All in all, SPEED is going to be the workhorse for my ambulances. Not worried about complete correction on them and the gloss/shine/reflection obtained thru SPEED is way better them banging it out with 105/205 or UC/205 or SwirlX that I`ve been doing all along. I`m sure I just took off at least 2 weeks getting the rigs ready for summer/winter while achieving the same if not greater finish (minus complete correction of swirls and RIDS)!

I can`t compare SPEED to any other AIO except for ColorX as that`s the only AIO I`ve used in the past, and it doesn`t come close.....at all!

Again a great job with your input and I can`t wait to see more thoughts from you!

Sean

Thanks for adding your thought Sean. I`m glad to see we are on the same page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic review! I`m very impressed with the extent to which you went to do this. The format is very easy to digest too. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer
    TI am assuming that Polish is DAT based on how it breaks down. But I very well could be wrong. Can someone clarify this for us?

UNO / POLISH / SPEED uses Non-Deminishing Abrasives. That what makes them extra unique as they are one of, if not the the nicest I have used and rival even the all time favorite of most: Mernzerna 85RD & 106.

And speaking of which and keeping something in mind; I`ve seen alot of people compare POLISH to a wide range of polishing products. From super fine final finishing polishes all the way up to mid level ones. HD POLISH certainly holds its own and can definayely keep up in these wide parameters all while doing it very well in each! Since POLISH came out, I have yet needed to reach for 85rd because it couldn`t finish as needed. To me, that`s huge because 85RD has been the only finishing polish I`ve exclusively been using for several years. And, because both SPEED/POLISH don`t need to be "broken down", work times are alot quicker as well.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Fantastic review! I`m very impressed with the extent to which you went to do this. The format is very easy to digest too. Well done!

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information