DP High Performance Glass Restorer removes etched water spots from auto glass and restores perfect clarity. Apply with a polisher or applicator for

I picked up a bottle of this since it was much cheaper per oz. than the Diamondite version and thought it would be worth it to try out. The glass on my vehicle had been severely etched from the previous owner parking near a sprinkler and neither vinegar, CLR, nor ketchup would do the trick. The only thing that would work was M205 on an orange pad, however it had left micro scratches that you could see in the light (however it still looked much better than with the water spot etching). So I put the project of glass polishing off until I would pick up a specific polish to remove the etching.

The directions say to apply a small amount to a polishing pad, so I began with my normal pad priming (which required a more-than-normal amount as this stuff does not like to spread on a pad, compared to a normal polish or compound). It`s about the same consistency as a thin liquid wax, but grittier than M105. My test spot came out great, so I moved onto doing the rest of the windows by just adding a few drops for each window, however it became noticeably less effective. Contrary to the less-is-more approach at polishing, it seems more-is-more (to an extent) with this product. With an orange pad and a GGDA at speed 4 (which again, is against what the directions say), it took about 3-4 passes of low to no pressure until it worked out the spots. After initial priming of the pad, it took about 2 nickel size dots of product applied to the pad, which proved to be more effective when I would try to smear the product across the pad with the bottle when applying, since this stuff really doesn`t like to prime well.

Overall, very simple to use, just use an orange pad and get used to how it doesn`t like to spread/prime very well, and you`ll make some pretty quick work of any severely etched in spots. I was very pleased with the product, especially the price-per-oz compared to similar company`s products. It may have worked better with a glass polishing pad, but the directions said to use a polishing pad (I`d highly suggest orange, I tried a green pad and it took much longer to work out the etching).

Befores (cleaned glass w/Meg`s Glass Cleaner):

50/50:

Final: