Post Thanks / Like
    Review: CarPro 2 Fingers Mini Wool Wash Mitt

Introduction:

There was a time not long ago I used only Microfiber wash mitts. Eventually after much prodding from my friend Tad I gave a couple of the wool mitts a shot and unlike the RG wool mitt (which I did not enjoy) I fell in love with the Carpro Merino wool wash mitt. Well, what’s not to like! So I figured the finger mitt should be a natural. If you are unfamiliar with the full size mitt you can find that review here: Review: CarPro Wool Wash Mitt - Live2Detail

Now, about this finger mitt! How was this furry little creature brought into our world? Well, if mum never explained this to you here`s a graphic video that should help you understand this natural phenomenon. If children are in the room send them on their way.

Video: Birth of a Finger Mitt

Finger Mitt Birth_0001.wmv - YouTube

Product claims:

The CarPro 2Fingers Mini Wool Wash Mitt gives you easy access to hard-to-reach areas. Wash grills, fog lights, wheels, exhaust tips, side mirrors, and any other area of your vehicle that is tough to clean with a large mitt. The CarPro 2Fingers Mini Wool Wash Mitt is also terrific for dusting.

Details:

01.- Packaging: Plastic Bag

02.- Directions: N/A

03.- Texture: Extremely soft

04.- Color: White with high quality stitched finger backing

05.- Cost - $7.99

06.- Manufacturer: CarPro

07.- Made in: Korea

Applications:

It was a typical summer day in Florida when I got my first chance to use my new finger mitt. In other words it was too hot and humid... and was still early in the am! I had just received my finger mitt days earlier and was looking forward to seeing where I might utilize it.

After mixing a bucket of wash water and setting up a separate rinse bucket I rinsed Sky down with my fireman nozzle. Now, personally my method of buckets, setup, rinsing, etc hinges on the mitt type in use. With Merino wool mitts the extra rinse bucket is how I roll. I started by washing the large areas with my full size mitt and the detailed areas with my finger mitt.

Shocker!

Lately I`ve trained my little angel (Bella) to stay close if she wants to stay outside with me. She is convinced she needs to be there to stand guard but has never understood why she can`t help with the car wash as well. I tried to explain the whole opposable thumbs thing but oddly she just stares at me.

Anyway, I had left my finger mitt in the bucket and was washing the hood with the full size mitt. I turned to come back to my rinse bucket and you`ll never believe what I saw!! There was Bella with her paw fully concealed by the finger mitt as she proudly exhibited her wash technique... No doubt finely tuned while watching her poppa from the window as a pup the last few years. I know you think I must be full of it. I wouldn`t believe myself either. I`m told by some that if there are no pictures it didn`t happen... Luckily I almost always have my camera at the ready.

CarPro Finger Mitt In Action

The CFM is the perfect density for an effective wash mitt while being so soft you can rest easy while washing the small hard to reach areas of many vehicles. Used on sensitive and/or precious chrome wheels of many different shapes it works a treat!

Video: CarPro Finger Mitt In Action

CarPro Finger Mitt In Use.wmv - YouTube

Pocket Design

Just like its mother the pocket design allows you to get in and out easily and does not allow the mitt to fall off. The stitching of this hand pocket once again appears to be quite durable. To this day I haven`t seen any weakening of any stitch in either my full size or finger size mitt.

Texture

The CFM is made of Australian Merino wool, which happens to be the softest wool available on our little planet as far as I know. :clap: It feels very much like the full size mitt but seems a bit awkward as the fur is shorter. It almost appears as though they took the same wool and then cut it shorter for the finger mitts. If the alternative to that was using the same wool like the RG mitt uses then I much prefer the method used on the Carpro Finger Mitt. The RG wool just feels a lot rougher to me. Maybe I never gave it a fair shot... But I digress...

Here you can see the difference in a Race Glaze wool Mitt and the CarPro wool Mitt

Drying

After using and rinsing clean: Unlike other quality wool wash mitts that should be turned inside out to dry the hide (not always an easy process) I simply blow out my finger mitt or shake it out at times. Then it’s placed on a grit guard (fur face down) to dry. This is what the CarPro Merino wool mitts look like after drying on the Grit Guard but before brushing.

Brushing

Similar to the full size mitt a quick brushing after it`s dry is good practice before storing.

Ease of Care and Durability - This is after months of use! Proper care was obviously taken bur it`s much easier to care for CarPro`s wash mitts than any other wool wash mitts. You see, other wool wash mitts have both sides made of wool material. That means one of two things...

A.- If not turned inside out to dry they will feel constantly slimy inside and will rot out fairly quickly.

B.- In order to avoid the rotting you will spend time trying to turn them inside out probably using something like a broomstick to be able to do it. This option means you will also place a lot of stress on the stitching and edges of the hide. You have to allow one side to fully dry and then turn it right side back out and allow that side to dry as well.

Inside of Regular Wool Mitt

(This gets slimy and rotten if not properly cared for)

Inside of CarPro Wool Mitt

(The perforated pocket allows it to easily dry without the issues other wool mitts face)

With the CarPro Wash mitts you never have to turn them inside out. You simply rinse, shake, and place on GG face down to dry. After dry and before storing, a 10 second gentle brushing is helpful.

Duel Use

The Finger mitt also works as a great interior duster for your vehicle. It easily snares any dust particles from your dash, console, and display.

Pros:

1.- Easy on/off

2.- Thick pile

3.- Paint Safe – Very soft

4.- Easily Rinses

5.- Excellent Interior Duster

6.- Durability - Backing pocket means long life

???

1.- Hmmm, What kind of Mitt could I make with Bella hair?

Cons:

1.- Backing pocket on finger mitt discourages sliding it into places that will rub against backing.

Final Observations and Summary:

After all this time I’m still enamored with my full size Carpro mitt. The finger mitt I don`t feel quite as strongly about personally but it is an excellent and high quality product. Both are sporting Australian Merino Wool and nothing is gentler for a well cared for vehicle.

With a tiny mitt like this I want to be able to get into tight spaces. However in some places the backing doesn`t suit this application as the backing is on one side. Ironically the backing pocket that makes the full size CarPro wash mitt head and shoulders above it`s competitors doesn`t do the same for the finger size mitt as far as during use. On the plus side the finger pocket design means long life and ease of use since you don`t have to turn it inside out like most wool mitts.

It works great around tight areas, in doorjambs as well as other areas on super curvy cars. One thing to note is the very areas where this mitt fits are the areas most difficult to polish so using a mitt of this quality is a good idea to save you trouble in the long run.

When (IF) I ever get my new chrome wheels I plan to switch to this mitt for them and dedicate it to their maintenance! It’s going to be my saving grace on keeping the face of my chrome wheels in top-notch condition and swirl free!!

Special thanks to my buddy Bill for the tips on how to create video out of pictures.

Thanks for viewing! Comments & questions are welcome of course.

After Bella has a hard days work she always enjoys a nap

Post Thanks / Like
    CEE Dog- Thanks for posting this review.

I use a little sheepskin mitt from Griot`s on my wheels, and like it a lot more than I`d expected to. This looks like a great less-severe-duty version of that, one more suitable for use on paintwork.

Any issue with it retaining gritty dirt? Some of my mitts that have that kind of wool can sorta hold onto some kinds of stuff.

Oh, and that pic of Bella with the mitt is great :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess gone are the days of "picking mitts like fruit" if one opts for these Car Pro ones. They sound very impressive. The mini ones in particular sure appear to be problem solvers. Thanks again, as always, for the great review!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    CEE Dog- Thanks for posting this review.

I use a little sheepskin mitt from Griot`s on my wheels, and like it a lot more than I`d expected to. This looks like a great less-severe-duty version of that, one more suitable for use on paintwork.

Any issue with it retaining gritty dirt? Some of my mitts that have that kind of wool can sorta hold onto some kinds of stuff.

Oh, and that pic of Bella with the mitt is great :xyxthumbs

Thank you Accumulator . Bella thanks you as well.

It`s rare that I have an issue with it retaining dirt but when it does have a piece I can see it easily. Usually a two dunks straight down in the rinse bucket and it releases for me. Having said that I don`t use these for the dirtier cars that are covered in bonded contaminants. Reason being I feel like mf chenille is more effective for removing bad dirt. For that reason I actually prefer mf chenille wash mitts for most client cars or my daily drivers but the CarPro mitts are awesome on the garage queen or something special thats in for a wash and is well cared for. The finger mitt doesn`t have as many uses as the full size mitt imo but on some cars its great to have laying at the ready.

The full size CarPro mitt is the only mitt that touches my sky these days... except for the lower skirt where I use a mf chenille.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    I guess gone are the days of "picking mitts like fruit" if one opts for these Car Pro ones. They sound very impressive. The mini ones in particular sure appear to be problem solvers. Thanks again, as always, for the great review!

Thank you Bill, that`s much appreciated! Personally My favorite is the full size one since I get much more use out of it but depending on the vehicle I would certainly agree with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    CEE DOG- Thanks for the response. I too try to get the "big stuff" off before switching to a mitt (especially that type), but when I fail to do that I sometimes have to struggle to get the mitt perfectly clean. Only happens with those "merino wool"-type mitts; my others rinse clean just fine.

I take it the larger sizes also have that mesh lining, right?

Thread Information