Thread: Glare polish

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new here so this may have been discussed in the past even thought I did not see anything with a search.

Has anyone ever used Glare Polish? Any input would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to get a sample last year when they came on line, but my request was not honored. They indicated no samples were available. Hmmmmm. I thought. In a search for "Expert auto polishing" they come up on top. Someone is paying to be on top.....that doesnt make it the best. I am tired of spending good money to only discover another mediocre product. Will someone try this product and get back to me also???? Its somewhat pricey. They tout "Invisible Garage" I wonder where they got that. I sell The "InvisibleGarageProtection" Tm r Since 1969. Its always a game of following who is reputable. I should be proud after forty years in business.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is someone with a torch burning a hood on their website. I guess I wouldnt try that at home. I guess they are trying to prove that the product doesnt break down under temps of 200 plus degrees. You can use their product once for life and no more polishing will ever be needed. This is a real TALL order. Sounds almost as they say tOOOOO good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone please advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the updated Fireglaze instead - cheaper and, imo, the same or better product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must be suspicious as every few months a new user with a post count of 1 enters the forum and asks the identical question about this product. If the product was as good as its ad copy suggests, one would expect it to be a popular topic here in the forum. As you look through the threads you won`t find much about it. Why do you suppose that is?

If you are really a new user, and not a shill for the product, do a little searching of the threads here and you will come up with numerous products that generate a lot of buzz.

Question answered?

Post Thanks / Like
    As luck would have it, I was in Palm Springs yesterday doing cars I`d detailed about a year ago using my own polishing routine but finishing with Glare. These were a black Jaguar and a black Mercedes, since, both washed by hand, by the client, wheels first, then, using Hi-lustre car wash applied with an Ortho sprayer he goes over the paint with hydrophilic sponge - different sponges for top and bottom - then rinses with a stream of water and dries using a microfiber towel, blows out the gaps with a metrovac vacuum/blower, once more over the car - spit shine and then the windows.

These cars are garaged but still, Palm Springs is very hot, and these are people who live there all year long. The Glare held up very well, the cars looked, and washed, like I might expect after a few weeks not a whole year.

The only Glare product used on these cars is the Pro Polish. I didn`t use Glare products in the preparation or paint correction or for any of the other surfaces.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have my answer.....Thanks Guys. I have been watching detail products come and go for decades!!! Its nice when you see a product around for the long hall. Makes you feel good that its reliable and well worth your labor, to incorporate it into your detail process. I have at least three "mainstays" I call them. They save my life on difficult clear coat situations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I guess this is my first post also .

I`ve used the Glare! products since last year, I think the result have been quite good.

They were sold with a good discount in Sweden, and not to pricey...at least as they used to be in the past.

I`ve used Glare! KnockOut, Spider, Mcro Finish and Professional Polish...and I think it protected my car quite good during the winter time (when we use harsh washing products frequently).

I`ve used a lot Meguiars products in the past, as well as a bunch of others like Ultima Paint Guard+, Sonax Professional, Lahega etc.

I wouldn`t say that Glare! is the best or my final product, and it wouldn`t hold 60 months in Sweden...but at least 6-12 months without any problem.

I guess it all depends on the cost.

I agree with Porta that it seems to be sort of the same as Fireglaze, according to them who have tested them both.

Thread Information