Post Thanks / Like
    Review: Wolf’s Nano Trim

Introduction:

Wolf’s Nano Trim was mentioned to me by a couple of my friends on L2D as they were curious about it and wondered if I had any knowledge on it’s durability. Another of my friends sent me a sample of it to try out. Thank you Jim!! Of course I felt I should share my experiences so I recorded them and here they are.

Product Claims:

Wolf’s Chemicals Nano Trim Sealant uses nano technology to deliver an expected lifespan of up to three months per application. It also does a really nice job of darkening down fading and masking other signs of age, and gives a rich satin finish that will not run or streak.

Details:

1.- Packaging: N/A

2.- Directions: Looked up on the web

3.- Viscosity: Thin

4.- Color: Amber

5.- Scent: Tried to keep my nose away from it

6.- Regular Price: 5oz = 27.00 US $

7.- Regular Price: 150ml = 20.25 Euros

8.- Manufacturer: Wolf’s Chemicals

9.- Made in: Unknown

Product used for Preparation:

Prepared with ARO or OPC 3:1

Product used for application:

Foam applicator or MF suede applicator

Product

Average Conditions (Fahrenheit)

Average Conditions (Celsius)

PART 1: Side-By-Side with Competition

Preparation, Application, & Observations:

I began by washing the surface with ARO and a Microfiber towel. Next I thoroughly rinsed it and blew it dry with my Master Blaster.

I applied 3 thin layers with various applicators. After the first coat I waited approximately 20 minutes and after the second coat another 30 before moving to the final coat. After each layer I also waited a few minutes and then lightly wiped it with an mf towel to make sure each coat was applied thin.

My initial impressions were very positive. It darkened the plastic nicely and a little went a long way. It also went on smooth and worked well with all 3 of the applicators I tried.

Application Video:

Wolf Nano Trim 1.wmv - YouTube

Pictures:

PART 2: Plastic Trim (Blue Car)

Preparation, Application, & Observations:

This surface I started by cleaning well with OPC 3:1 and an mf towel. I applied WNT to the molded smooth plastic with a foam applicator I had made from a retired polishing pad. As I was applying it I found it to go on quite even and thought to myself “This is my new go to trim product for smooth plastic”.

Application Video:

Wolf Nano Trim Blue.wmv - YouTube

Pictures:

Update: (1 Week)

Well, the product didn’t fair so well in the durability tests.

Full story is that we had continuous rain the last 2 days like I haven’t seen since 2004. The last 24-30 hours before these pictures were taken were almost non-stop rain with rarely even a break and more than 6 hours of it torrential.

Here are the pictures after 1 Week.

It still beads some but the color is gone, as you will see in the pictures after I dried it off.

The CarPro PERL and of course Ultima T&TG are both darker than the WNS on the side by side test.

Pros:

1.- A little goes a long way

2.- Appearance: Darkens the surface nicely

3.- Doesn’t leave spots and lines on the trim when it rains

???:

1.- I’m curious about the safety warning I saw on a site selling this product. It said, “This is a professional strength product and as such carries potentially serious health and usage risks that should be fully understood from the outset - please read the instructions carefully.”

Cons:

1.-Durability

2.-Price:

Final Observations and Summary:

I was really quite excited about this product after I applied it to the old molded plastic around my windows and I thought Wolf would darken and last there while being easy to apply smoothly. Unfortunately I was disappointed after the 1-week results. I must assume the product works longer on textured trim (as do most trim products) although I haven’t been able to fully test it on that front yet.

Final thought: the price seems unreasonable to me. UTTG is cheaper and PERL much cheaper and worked better in my testing. UTTG is a master of exterior trim and PERL can be used on interior, exterior, and tires. If WNTS had been able to last on smooth plastic for a month and look good it would have won a place in my heart but one week is not acceptable at that price.

Still, based on my buddy’s Jims findings that he has mentioned I can only assume it has something to do with the weather down here or else Jim must be using it on textured trim only. I look forward to your comments Jim. I’ll have to try it again after I hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review! Cheers

PART 3: Plastic Trim (Green Car)

Today I setup another test to give the product another shot and to leave a tapeline to follow its durability with.

This is immediately after application:

Post Thanks / Like
    nice review. i was interested in this product as well but since it`s durability doesn`t quite hold up to it`s "nano name" I have no choice but to pass on this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see your review as always Corey!

Keeping people informed, and testing out stuff so we don`t have to waste our money

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very surprised at the lack of durability... Maybe further testing it required to determine if this is truly the case.

Thread Information