Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprising you got this long of durability out of NXT, I thought that stuff was supposed to only be like 2 months durability. When I was using NXT (liquid) on my vehicles it was redone every month so I never tested durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review man, thanks for sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I reapplied UW to the entire car on Thanksgiving. Good stuff.
    Current Rides:

2008.5 Crystal White Mazdaspeed3 (mine)

2008 Ford Edge Vapor Silver (wife`s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Used UW for the first time last night on my car after not being able to find NXT anymore...really think it went on better and was easier to remove than the NXT. I will say that I am pleased with the protection provided by the NXT as the car had been neglected for over a year and a half without a waxing...I was really expecting to find water spots again in the paint as I had when I had neglected the car in the past and had to buff them out...not the case at all, NO water spots so I would have to say the NXT (if there was even any left) helped to protect the paint for a loooooong time.

Kenny <>{

Post Thanks / Like
    For me NXT has been great at protection from the elements, so I`m curious as to how the UW will do, but knowing Meguiars, it will do well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got around to trying this stuff out. Some thoughts:

-Doesn`t seem to have any cleaners

-Easy on, Easy off, no streaking for me, temps were around 60 degrees

-Very slick, yet substantial feeling, NXT is maybe a bit more slick?

-Nice darkening effect, a bit of depth, not a ton of gloss, though I just applied it, will know more as it cures

Overall, it was a pleasure to use. I really do like NXT so not sure if this will unseat it as my fav OTC sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like megs ultimate paste wax, really one of the only paste waxes I ever use. Easy on, easy off, can use in direct sunlight, and has great durability. Not bad for OTC.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say I`m really liking this stuff so far. It just continues to look better. Maybe its in my mind but it just keeps getting deeper. Its not overly glossy, which I really like. It makes my red so ...well...red. Its like someone took a picture and then added a huge amount of saturation in photoshop. Seems to release dirt very well. This is great stuff for OTC. Not sure if it will look this good on lighter colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I gotta say I`m really liking this stuff so far. It just continues to look better. Maybe its in my mind but it just keeps getting deeper. Its not overly glossy, which I really like. It makes my red so ...well...red. Its like someone took a picture and then added a huge amount of saturation in photoshop. Seems to release dirt very well. This is great stuff for OTC. Not sure if it will look this good on lighter colors.

I think I know just what you mean....might be the kind of look I appreciate on the Jag`s weird light gray metallic single stage lacquer ("no, no...it`s not silver" :grinno: ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, might work well for that. To me the look is the polar opposite of 845, so if you hate that on a particular car, this might be a viable answer.

Post Thanks / Like

I put this on my brother in law`s white full size truck after a 1 step polish, and not only did it last through 5 months of harsh lawn care, but the shine and gloss was excellent. It does look really good on light colors.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, might work well for that. To me the look is the polar opposite of 845, so if you hate that on a particular car, this might be a viable answer.

Ah, perfect explanation (the comparison with 845)! Yeah, that (and P21S/M16/etc.) are exactly *wrong* for me on that car. Now you have me wondering if I might like something better than my age-old SÓ§uveran approach!

Given the way Meguiar`s stuff is all pretty compatible (like...using their LSPs over M07) I`m guessing the UW would work fine over my Autoglym SRP, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see why it wouldn`t work over SRP, might compromise its durability some. I have it on top of ZAIO with no issues. It does fill reasonably well too, another bonus. The only gotcha seems to be you the looks are gradual, it seems to take a day or so to settle into its look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan- Ah, the filling would also be appreciated on that particular car (no more polishing on that one...). And yeah, I know what you mean about the looks taking a while to finalize, FK1000P is the same way for me.

Gee, one of these days (?years? ) I gotta get that car out of mothballs and give it some exercise!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just appreciating filling more and more as time goes on. You can make yourself go crazy chasing after life induced marring. Both the paste and spray versions do a nice job of making that stuff disappear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information