Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MALCO Products

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

MALCO Products

What do you as more professioal detailers than I think of MALCO auto products? Just getting started from where my father-in law left off when he passed away. Have had A Hand full of paying customersso far. What we have in the shop are Malco CW37 carwash, (I prefer this of what I ve tried so far) Malco wash and Wax, red thunder, pink mist for windows, leather conditioner, BUG OFF(I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT), BODY SOL,PLUM CRAZY, REJUVENATOR, FLASH PASTE WAX (WHICH IS IN A LIQUID FORM), ENHANCER CREAM WAX, and E-ZEE shine. Those are the Malco products Ive got. I normally use MOTHERS paste wax. Opinions would be appreciated! Im going to use these up first before going on to other brands. just would like to know what others think. Malco products are used in the body shops around here. Thanks again Randal from Exira, Iowa.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MALCO Products

Since you`re probably interested in gallons, check out ChemicalGuys . I haven`t tried it yet, but a lot of people really like their stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that PEI Detail has mentioned something about Malco in the past (maybe it was about their pads?) So when he looks at this he may have more input on them.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    I believe that PEI Detail has mentioned something about Malco in the past (maybe it was about their pads?) So when he looks at this he may have more input on them.
    Good call. I use some of their crevice and detailing tools (same as Auto Magic I think), their pads (same as Edge I think), the Bug Off, and Target. Also the backing plate, hook and loop thingy, and pad cleaning tools.

We have limited resources here, limited companies. I take the best of what I can get, but my experience with waxes and polishes is that most commercial ones dust more and don`t protect as long in our harsh climate.

No complaints, though. Would like to hear more of your opinions.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

The only one I have used is the Flash wax. For the price it does a good job. Easy to apply and easy to remove. The Flash gives a simular look as the Meg NXT wax, but will last much longer. When I first started detailing that was one of my go to waxes, but after learning more and trying other products I haven`t used it since. The only advice I can give you is use what products you can afford and that give you the look you desire. The only downfall is you may have to spend more money to get that look you desire, and trust me it`s worth every penny when you do.

Post Thanks / Like

They have good products. They had a rep around my area about a year ago. He seemed to be feeling the market out. Left a few samples of compounds and waxes. Worked well. But never saw the guy again.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Price is really not a factor. I just need to know if these are as good or better as the name brands. The wash products are in gallons that i have right now, the flash is the quart bottle, the way my father in law had that was in a spray bottle, I spray a section then use applicator to work in. It will last quite while. The CW-37 car wash is so much better than the other products in the shop. Suds up and cleans better than Blue Corral, Wash ANd Wax from Malco , and another finish restorer wash Ive got. I use on my own first then the customers. Ive got a red Tempo coming sometime really lots of dead faded paint (ok my terminology isnt what should be, to much beer in high school in 80-81 none since Jan of 83.) If I need on the spot help Ive got body shop next door to ask questions, as I did the other day with road paint on a car. Used laquer thinner and got most of it. Thanks for your time and comments RANDAL LAURITSEN EXIRA, IOWA PAPA GRIZ`S CAR CLEANING SERVICE Audubon ,Iowa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RANDAL View Post
    Thanks guys. Price is really not a factor. I just need to know if these are as good or better as the name brands. The wash products are in gallons that i have right now, the flash is the quart bottle, the way my father in law had that was in a spray bottle, I spray a section then use applicator to work in. It will last quite while. The CW-37 car wash is so much better than the other products in the shop. Suds up and cleans better than Blue Corral, Wash ANd Wax from Malco , and another finish restorer wash Ive got. I use on my own first then the customers. Ive got a red Tempo coming sometime really lots of dead faded paint (ok my terminology isnt what should be, to much beer in high school in 80-81 none since Jan of 83.) If I need on the spot help Ive got body shop next door to ask questions, as I did the other day with road paint on a car. Used laquer thinner and got most of it. Thanks for your time and comments RANDAL LAURITSEN EXIRA, IOWA PAPA GRIZ`S CAR CLEANING SERVICE Audubon ,Iowa
    Red Thunder is of the meter as far as effectiveness goes works like gang busters on just about all surfaces just make sure you cut it correctly as like most all purpose cleaners if used incorrectly you`ll have to dress like crazy,but we use it daily and for all types of interior/exterior and wheels,engines..good stuff and for most of the products they work well.

Post Thanks / Like

if you want a fast learning curve try some stuff from our sponsors ..ive known these people for several years and they sell great products and can get you on track right away ..tell them what you are trying to accomplish and they will get you all set up .. they are all great . poorboys/detailcity/autogeek ect ...also welcome ...everyone here would be glad to help ...ron ..
    back in buisness baby

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron, this thread was started by me almost 2 years ago when I first took over the business. I have seen been ordering products fro Poorboys Worldand their products through Detail City when I needed soe pads and products from poorboys. It is easier and ore convenient to purchase from the internet than it is to meet with the MALCO rep as we are not at the shop very much. I dontuse the flash was any ore do to using paint sealant and PB`s PwS, I really really like Polish with Sealant from Steve and Pockets. I needore but was hoping Steve would add some PC`s or UDM and pads to his line up, to add to the order. FAST FAST shipping from Steve and Pockets! RANDAL

Post Thanks / Like

didnt realize this thread was brought back from the dead
    back in buisness baby

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried several of MALCO`s products and so far they`ve been all great!
    My favorite is their spray Aqua Wax. You can use as a wash and wax while still wet or when dry. I`ve cut 1:1 and have not seen any difference in the quality. I applied it to a Durango that I did 2 months ago. I`ve washed it 4 times with Dawn to test the durability. Simply an amazing spray wax!

Their Presta Polishes are supposed to be some of the best too.

Here are some pics of it yesterday.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigron62 View Post
    if you want a fast learning curve try some stuff from our sponsors ..ive known these people for several years and they sell great products and can get you on track right away ..tell them what you are trying to accomplish and they will get you all set up .. they are all great . poorboys/detailcity/autogeek ect ...also welcome ...everyone here would be glad to help ...ron ..
    Well said

Post Thanks / Like

i use their perfect10 aerosol dressing for the engine compartment and i think it`s great stuff, never runny and dries almost on contact, leaves a high gloss satin finish.

Post Thanks / Like

if you like malco check out prowax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information